Nuggets 2.0

Advertisement
I think people just don’t understand the qb position. Or maybe cfb at all. It’s not a minor league nfl prep program. At least, that’s not what matters to UM. The NFL has its own needs, different resources and solution sets. Folks think the nfl proves who was better in college. It’s absurd. Hard to even know how to respond to that (il)logic. Few QBs ever got it done like Kenny D in college. Ed Reed wasn’t the guy in Kenny’s head telling him when to throw, when not to throw, who to throw to, where to throw it.
This is all 100 but as Canes many of us do lean on NFL success in order to propel the 01 Canes to GOAT status.

This is all 100 but as Canes many of us do lean on NFL success in order to propel the 01 Canes to GOAT status.
That’s probably a misunderstanding in part, and a mis-framing of the discussion in part.

In terms of judging an overall team against some other team from another era where they obviously can’t play each other, it’s just speculation. The better assessments of that UM team also look at the games, scores, margins, results. But for pure fan hype, while the nfl doesn’t prove one kid vs. another, across an emtire team, it’s helpful data (law of larger numbers). And true outlier numbers always catch notice. Like 19 first round picks. 30,000 NFL rushing yards. Like Canton. The number of nfl pro bowl teams represented by the ‘01 canes is also incredible. But McKinnie might have been the best player on that offense, maybe the whole team, so the NFL certainly doesn’t prove specifics about Miami.

Advertisement
This is just such a bad look for you. If you’re going to self-immolate, I suggest you do it off to the side, in a thread no one is reading.

A bad look for me? Are you serious? What a pussoir thing to say.

I actually don’t care, apparently you are high-fiving yourself that you played a little game of “gotcha“ with me and I don’t give a single solitary shlt.

Who walks around knowing that Mac Brown is a Hall of Fame coach. I’ll bet most don’t.

But congratulations, you got me on one arcane piece of knowledge. Go beat off.

But if you think I actually care that much, then it must mean you care way too much . Reevaluate your life, because you are quantifiably one of the worst porsters on this site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people just don’t understand the qb position. Or maybe cfb at all. It’s not a minor league nfl prep program. At least, that’s not what matters to UM. The NFL has its own needs, different resources and solution sets. Folks think the nfl proves who was better in college. It’s absurd. Hard to even know how to respond to that (il)logic. Few QBs ever got it done like Kenny D in college. Ed Reed wasn’t the guy in Kenny’s head telling him when to throw, when not to throw, who to throw to, where to throw it.
Saying that a QB is a better college QB than the other QB because he performed better at the NFL level is an argument that I will never understand.

Just because your a great QB in college doesnt make you a NFL sensation, just like being a mid QB in college doesnt make you a steaming hot NFL player.

I think it's generally unfair to compare players across generations just because the games change so much. Personally, I do think Howell is more talented than Dorsey, although Dorsey will end up with the more fabled career (Howell ain't going 38-2 with a championship). Arguably, based on Dorsey's role in the 99-02 run, he's the better collegiate player.

That said, things don't have to be mutually exclusive. All of these things can be true:

1. Sam Howell is **** good.
2. Ken Dorsey is the best QB we've likely had in the last 25 years and one of my favorite Canes of all-time.
3. ***** UNC and everyone associated with 'em and I hope Harvey faceplants Howell into the following Saturday.

Advertisement
This is just such a bad look for you. If you’re going to self-immolate, I suggest you do it off to the side, in a thread no one is reading.

I don't think this cat understands the importance of football knowledge, on a football forum. LMAO

Alright when its all said and done we will see who the better QB is and were Sam gets drafted and what he does in the NFL.
What does the NFL have to do with being a better college player? I didn't see one person claim Dorsey was the better NFL player did you? Howell would probably get drafted earlier in baseball... So what, who gives a crap. OrlandoCane probably cooks a better burger than Dorsey too, does that make him a better college QB?

Advertisement
No the NFL proves who a better QB is. We're not talking about who had the better college career is. We're talking about who the better QB is. The NFL proves that, who can remain accurate when your targets is open by 2 feet instead of 5 yards. Who can get the ball out consistently when you have 2.3 seconds to throw instead of 3-4. Yes Dorsey had a better college career because he got to play on bigger stages but that doesn't mean he's a better QB. Tom Brady never won one national championship in college and Matt Lienhart won 2 straight and went to 3. Does that mean he was a better QB then Brady? No

What does the NFL have to do with being a better college player? I didn't see one person claim Dorsey was the better NFL player did you? Howell would probably get drafted earlier in baseball... So what, who gives a crap. OrlandoCane probably cooks a better burger than Dorsey too, does that make him a better college QB?
Him having a better college career has nothing to do with it. We're talking about who the better QB in general is.

Last edited:
I think it's generally unfair to compare players across generations just because the games change so much. Personally, I do think Howell is more talented than Dorsey, although Dorsey will end up with the more fabled career (Howell ain't going 38-2 with a championship). Arguably, based on Dorsey's role in the 99-02 run, he's the better collegiate player.

That said, things don't have to be mutually exclusive. All of these things can be true:

1. Sam Howell is **** good.
2. Ken Dorsey is the best QB we've likely had in the last 25 years and one of my favorite Canes of all-time.
3. ***** UNC and everyone associated with 'em and I hope Harvey faceplants Howell into the following Saturday.
Sam Howell is a douche with his little, upside down U bull****. **** him.

Advertisement
No the NFL proves who a better QB is. We're not talking about who had the better college career is. We're talking about who the better QB is. The NFL proves that, who can remain accurate when your targets is open by 2 feet instead of 5 yards. Who can get the ball out consistently when you have 2.3 seconds to throw instead of 3-4. Yes Dorsey had a better college career because he got to play on bigger stages but that doesn't mean he's a better QB. Tom Brady never won one national championship in college and Matt Lienhart won 2 straight and went to 3. Does that mean he was a better QB then Brady? No
This logic and explanation is incredibly backwards. How does the NFL prove who the better college QB was?

Not sure if any of this has been mentioned , I haven’t read any scrimmage updates, this is what I was told. I’ve been extremely busy.

K Smith hasn’t been playing much because of an ankle, he rolled it early in spring.

Carter in fact has been moved to striker , and as I’ve posted if that happens it means something is up with a striker. Well there was . Keontra is now a lb, weak side.

Safeties had another great day. They’ve been the most consistent group. Bolden has improved coverage.

The d looks bigger and extremely physical, minus the lb’s. It looks like that group is going smaller and faster. Manny wants more speed at the position. Which was obvious last year.

Ivey had a great day, didn’t allow anything ( sorry ) . TS got beat on the trick play , wasn’t tested after that, pretty much locked down everything.

Rambo had a big catch.

Ford has been a monster , easily his best spring.

Harrell had a rough day in coverage.

Tvd played well , doesn’t push the ball down field much , but takes what the defense gives him. He’s been very consistent since some early int’s early in camp. Garcia was steady , he did have a pick.

Don only played a couple of snaps , he was held out with a minor issue, only precautionary. Knighton look explosive as ****, he had a great day. Cam also had a couple long runs.

I was told “ this is a good team”. Sorry mopes , I guess we’ll see how good.

I just want to know if we have an offensive line

black mirror anxiety GIF by NETFLIX

Advertisement
Back