Nuggets 2.0

Cribby

All-American
Premium
Not sure if any of this has been mentioned , I haven’t read any scrimmage updates, this is what I was told. I’ve been extremely busy.

Keyshawn Smith hasn’t been playing much because of an ankle, he rolled it early in spring.

Carter in fact has been moved to striker , and as I’ve posted if that happens it means something is up with a striker. Well there was . Keontra is now a lb, weak side.

Safeties had another great day. They’ve been the most consistent group. Bolden has improved coverage.

The d looks bigger and extremely physical, minus the lb’s. It looks like that group is going smaller and faster. Manny wants more speed at the position. Which was obvious last year.

Ivey had a great day, didn’t allow anything ( sorry ) . TS got beat on the trick play , wasn’t tested after that, pretty much locked down everything.

Rambo had a big catch.

Ford has been a monster , easily his best spring.

Harrell had a rough day in coverage.

Tvd played well , doesn’t push the ball down field much , but takes what the defense gives him. He’s been very consistent since some early int’s early in camp. Garcia was steady , he did have a pick.

Don only played a couple of snaps , he was held out with a minor issue, only precautionary. Knighton look explosive as ****, he had a great day. Cam also had a couple long runs.

I was told “ this is a good team”. Sorry mopes , I guess we’ll see how good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure if any of this has been mentioned , I haven’t read any scrimmage updates, this is what I was told. I’ve been extremely busy.

K Smith hasn’t been playing much because of an ankle, he rolled it early in spring.

Carter in fact has been moved to striker , and as I’ve posted if that happens it means something is up with a striker. Well there was . Keontra is now a lb, weak side.

Safeties had another great day. They’ve been the most consistent group. Bolden has improved coverage.

The d looks bigger and extremely physical, minus the lb’s. It looks like that group is going smaller and faster. Manny wants more speed at the position. Which was obvious last year.

Ivey had a great day, didn’t allow anything ( sorry ) . TS got beat on the trick play , wasn’t tested after that, pretty much locked down everything.

Rambo had a big catch.

Tvd played well , doesn’t push the ball down field much , but takes what the defense gives him. He’s been very consistent since some early int’a early in camp.

Don only played a couple of snaps , he was held out with a minor issue, only precautionary. Knighton look explosive as ****, he had a great day. Cam also had a couple long runs.

We had a good team last year, only question is can they remain consistent and beat the top teams in the costal

K Smith hasn’t been playing much because of an ankle, he rolled it early in spring.

Rambo had a big catch.

Tvd played well , doesn’t push the ball down field much , but takes what the defense gives him. He’s been very consistent since some early int’s early in camp. Garcia was steady , he did have a pick.

Keontra at Will? What does that say about a) the other linebackers and b) the need to get him on the field?

Advertisement

Amazing news! Frierson (STR), Flagg (MLB), and Kentora (WLB) is who we should be rolling out against Bama.

I wonder what Carters move to striker means for James Williams. With Frierson, and now Carter, ahead of him, does he get some actual playing time this year?

Advertisement

Rambo had a big catch.

Huff?? tell us bout Huff
good to hear Smith ghosting is health related and not him fading ... big hopes on that boy
DE Nuggets?

also Jalen Rivers please??

and thank you for sharing all that

The JJ philosophy was to put safeties at LB. The fact is speed kills. We have some big bodies at DT so might as well let them eat space and have the small faster guys shoot gaps to clean it up. We saw what happened last season when the big DTs just shot gaps. We got gashed by the opposition. They aren’t fast enough to finish like Willis and Rousseau. The current DTs simply aren’t rushers outside of Nesta. Maybe Taylor will be but who knows yet. Smith at weak and Carter at striker is a breathe of fresh air. Good stuff @Cribby

Advertisement
Advertisement

Rambo had a big catch.

Good stuff....want to see how much Knighton improved cause he needed to fill out. Sounds like he did if he got more explosive. Chaney will eat.....the rb room is insane.

That’s great to hear about Ford, if he can stay healthy & continue to play up to his capabilities we’ll have a legit stout 2-gap run defender clogging up the middle. That UVA game in 2019 was the best I ever seen him look, he was an absolute monster taking on double teams & attacking the pocket.

He’ll also make the job easier for the Edge rushers with how often we like to loop & stunt upfront.

I think the RB group if healthy will be explosive this year, this a money year for Cam, he obviously won’t be a 1st or 2nd rounder, but he can play his way up from the lower rounds possibly into the 3rd with a good Senior year.

Love what I’m hearing from the LB corps, Keontra Smith, Corey Flagg, Tirek Austin-Cave, (healthy) Sam Brooks & Avery Huff is a much faster group, less experienced, but definitely more upside in playmaking ability.

Also, Kam Kinchens is impressing as well, he’s a natural.

Last edited:
@Cribby is the man

Adding what I heard:

Stock up: TVD, DJ Ivey (all spring since he returned from Covid list), Kam Kinchens, the DL

Stock stays high: Mike Harley, Chase Smith
Chase isn’t going anywhere. My hot take or shocker prediction would be him getting a lot of burn and maybe taking the starting job late in the season. As of today my money is on Carter to start at striker. Maybe Frierson gets his stuff together but until then Carter is my bet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back