Nuggets 2.0

Advertisement
Chase isn’t going anywhere. My hot take or shocker prediction would be him getting a lot of burn and maybe taking the starting job late in the season. As of today my money is in Carter to start at striker. Maybe Frierson gets his stuff together but until then Carter is my bet.
What's going on with Frierson? Seems like the last 2 years is gonna be an uphill climb for him at Striker.

Good news about Keontra and Carter. Manny's recurring wet dream of 11 senior starters on defense is coming to fruition.

DE McCloud SR/5
DT Silvera SR/3
DT Ford SR/4
DE Johnson SR/4

LB Steed SR/4
LB Jennings SR/4
ST Carter SR/4

CB Blades SR/3
SS Hall SR/3
FS Bolden SR/4
CB Ivey SR/3

Advertisement
Chase isn’t going anywhere. My hot take or shocker prediction would be him getting a lot of burn and maybe taking the starting job late in the season. As of today my money is in Carter to start at striker. Maybe Frierson gets his stuff together but until then Carter is my bet.

Wait, wait, wait....

What’s going on w/ Gil? He had a solid yr last yr at Striker. Has he regressed?

Advertisement
That’s great to hear about Ford, if he can stay healthy & continue to play up to his capabilities we’ll have a legit stout 2-gap run defender clogging up the middle. That UVA game in 2019 was the best I ever seen him look, he was an absolute monster taking on double teams & attacking the pocket.

He’ll also make the job easier for the Edge rushers with how often we like to loop & stunt upfront.

I think the RB group if healthy will be explosive this year, this a money year for Cam, he obviously won’t be a 1st or 2nd rounder, but he can play his way up from the lower rounds possibly into the 3rd with a good Senior year.

Love what I’m hearing from the LB corps, Keontra Smith, Corey Flagg, Tirek Austin-Cave, (healthy) Sam Brooks & Avery Huff is a much faster group, less experienced, but definitely more upside in playmaking ability.

Also, Kam Kinchens is impressing as well, he’s a natural.
Ford also played out of his *** at VT last year, too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let me be clear I’m one of the bigger Frierson guys on the board , I’ve posted multiple times he was arguably the best player on the defense last year. I was just expecting a big step this year and leadership. Showing up out of shape and overweight isn’t that.

That explains a lot @Cribby , especially coming in with that much additional weight; if he wasn’t asked to add that on, that’s somewhat disappointing. The law of the field favors no one if they’re not up to the task.

great to hear Chase doing so well, he’s a big addition the Striker group and is shining. If Diaz can realize what he’s got at key positions on the defense and truly wants the LB’s faster than last season (Keontra taking Will, Flagg at MLB) then we could have the makings of a fantastic defense for 2021.

Let me be clear I’m one of the bigger Frierson guys on the board , I’ve posted multiple times he was arguably the best player on the defense last year. I was just expecting a big step this year and leadership. Showing up out of shape and overweight isn’t that.
That stinks. I think covid had a negative effect on strength and condition last year. A couple guys to me looked sloppy or like they didn’t even look at a dumbbell for 3 months. I’ll give a slight pass for last year. Let’s see this year how everyone looks. But Gilbert showing up sloppy sucks to hear

That’s a big surprise about Gil. I thought the same thing about him this year. Hopefully, he’ll get it together by fall camp.

Advertisement
Back