Now what ?

Advertisement
And still, Sabans nickname Grumpy is there for a reason. They were up by several scores when they had to call a timeout because someone didnt line up right. Saban picks that player out and chews him out right in front of everyone. Every great coach was great at making his presence felt so that players would go "I better do my job, I dont want to get an *** chewing".

Manny would never do that. Not when you are down or up. No chance. I havent seen him get upset at a player, once.

yep, everyone knows a great leader/boss when you see one….assuming you’ve had one. All my great bosses have been hard drivers but reasonable people. Once you experience that, you know what characteristics leaders need to have especially in a sport like football. If you were on the fence about manny, all you had to do was listen to him talk during those all access things - he inspires nothing and I’m sure the kids feel it deep down.

Advertisement
How do you fix badplaycalling when the playcaller doesnt see anything wrong and thinks the players just have to play better.. Cam dive will work guys, just watch..

Tackling has been an issue for awhile, Im talking multiple years, soo many games where are tackling sucks, it wont change when we now have smaller players..

They wont play the right guys because corches value "experience" over talent, even if the experience SUCKS, remember it took this staff til like game 7 to start a talent like Rousseau, even had someone like susan asking every week when he would start and they were clueless like huh he plays in the game.

Manny is dumb and saban basically said his mickey mouse scheme is dumb and we gon light that **** up. They knew every blitz coming from January and had that **** stamped out while guys run wide open.

We will pillow fight with terrible ACC teams and they will try to sell progress but we know the real, we cant eat at the big boy table because we garbage
I’m just saying that these are fixable issues.

Does the play caller think he called a good game? If he does, that’s issue number one.

if he knows he called a bad game, then there’s the start to fixing it.

Its all on the staff

I knew we were in trouble when it’s game day agains Alabama which has 5 star after five star and our guys came into the stadium with their phones out looking like they 10 year olds at Disney world waiting for Mickey Mouse to come out and pat them on the head.

That was my first issue of the night and that does fall on the staff for not having the guys prepared to conduct business against one of the best college football teams over the last decade.

What do you think causes the flat starts? Is it poor preparation, an inability in the coaches to motivate, intensity-lacking personalities in our players?

Now we hopefully wait for Blake James to be canned, and then the University of Miami can possibly have a real athletic director. From there, and assuming a competent hire is made, we can start to finally rebuild the right way.

Advertisement
What do you think causes the flat starts? Is it poor preparation, an inability in the coaches to motivate, intensity-lacking personalities in our players?
We are what we used to see on the other side of the field 20 years ago. We don’t have alphas with elite skill, size, and confidence. We were clearly intimidated, which isn’t surprising, and our offensive coordinator set the tone by coaching like a scared amateur.

Now we hopefully wait for Blake James to be canned, and then the University of Miami can possibly have a real athletic director. From there, and assuming a competent hire is made, we can start to finally rebuild the right way.

That would almost be the best of all possible options.

Better than the rinse-wash-repeat of mediocre seasons and 'it'll be better next year.'

I mean...we do play at @ Texas A&M and @ Clemson next year...which I'm sure will be fun, regardless.

There is no difference between game 1 vs UF in 2019 and game 25 vs Bama in 2021. We look and do the exact same ****. Different offensive staff. Different defensive staff. Multiple prime transfers. Top 15 recruiting classes. Nothing. Has. Changed. He’s not the guy now or if we win against a ****** conference. I don’t care that Bama is a semi pro team. I though we would lose by 5 TDs. But we still look the same. And that’s the issue
And the common denominator between all that is Manolo himself! He is the problem plain and simple. Why some people still can’t figure that out, is beyond me. He is who his record and is continuously unprepared, undisciplined teams say he is, a bum!

Advertisement
These are two screen shots from Gameday. You would expect that all games should be treated as a business trip.........not a sightseeing tour. The only thing focused was their cameras and that's on Manny.
UM Gameday 2.jpg
UM Gameay 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
watched the game again.

Many people will disagree but everything is fixable. This year !

Bad play calling/game plan is fixable, easily actually

Tackling Fundamentals can be fixed, some will disagree

Players out of position, Thats why you coach all year, not just in camp

Play the right guys, another easy fix, it’s not hard

It all comes down to one thing , Coaching.

Manny is not dumb, I’m sure he sees all this. It’s up to him and his staff he hired to get on it and fix it.

This year , as the year progresses and if he dose not, if we do not see vast improvements as the year goes on,

Then Manny and his staff are not the right people for the job.
Funny you say list these things, because this is the same exact list of things we’ve been waiting for Manny to fix for the last 3 ******* years! So when you say it’s all easily fixable, remember the DOLT we have coaching our team. Smh

Everyone talks the talent at Bama , but it’s far more than that. That culture and the business like approach of the program is insane. Just look at when a player does something dumb , they’re up three td’s yet his teammates holler at time or slap him on the helmet. When you have a culture like that the kids police the locker room . Miami was like that at one time, if you aren't carrying your weight or hurting the team you’d get your *** kicked. At Miami now a player messes up and he gets a hug or love from his teammates. Manny has built a fun culture vs a business like culture.
Cribby, did you ever read the ESPN story of Saban told by past players and coaches? One of them was from Greg McElroy who said after they won his first national title at the 2010 Rose Bowl vs Texas his victory speech was basically:

"Seniors... thank you for all you have done. Im so happy you can leave this way. Now... for you guys coming back. That fourth quarter was NOT acceptable, we dont play football like that here -- and come spring ball we will fix all that."

And he walked out. That was his victory speech.

Yeah, he might be a miserable mopey guy -- but that's the type of guy I want leading my program. My biggest problem with Coker was that he was the polar opposite of this

Advertisement
You're going to be playing a lot of walk ons.

That's not the answer. The answer is to start winning the ACC Coastal and get incrementally better each year. There's still a draw with Miami. We got a couple of 5 stars last year - it was the best recruiting class we've had in a long while (Diaz can recruit). If you start giving them a reason to stay home, beyond "put on for this crib" then you'll start closing the gap.
Diaz can recruit huh? Then why is it the 6 years he’s been here he still hasn’t recruited one single top linebacker since that’s the position he was solely responsible for? Which is why that room is group of five talent level. More like the brand can still recruit because Diaz is a dog$hit recruiter and that’s known within the coaching circles, along with him be a laughing stock.

I don’t think we’ll ever be what we were. I could see a consistent 10-11 win team that makes an occasional run with a really good qb. Not battling for natties every year. That’s the ceiling imo.

To be honest, that's OK with me. There are only 4 teams (Bama, OSU, Clemson and Oklahoma) that can consistently do that. If we can build it back up where we are in that 5-8 range and go after the big prize every 5 or so years, I'd be perfectly fine with that. Nobody outside of those 4 teams will ever reach that level either. And even those teams won't last forever. I'm patiently waiting for Saban to retire to see that program come back down to reality. And I know it's only 1 game but Dabo all of a sudden didn't like a world beater without a once in a generation quarterback.

Diaz can recruit huh? Then why is it the 6 years he’s been here he still hasn’t recruited one single top linebacker since that’s the position he was solely responsible for? Which is why that room is group of five talent level. More like the brand can still recruit because Diaz is a dog$hit recruiter and that’s known within the coaching circles, along with him be a laughing stock.

It's a good question and a mystery to me. But you can't deny that the guy can recruit (both high school and the portal). Just look at last year's recruiting class. When was the last time we landed 2 5-star prospects in one class?

Advertisement
Back