Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Advertisement
won't pretend to be thrilled about will howard but definitely a solid - relatively safe option in terms of his experience but he pretty much is guaranteed to throw a pick every game

Advertisement
Advertisement
won't pretend to be thrilled about will howard but definitely a solid - relatively safe option in terms of his experience but he pretty much is guaranteed to throw a pick every game
Throwing a pick every game certainly isn’t ideal, but the biggest issue for our prior QB wasn’t just that he threw picks. His issue was having absolute meltdown games which didn’t allow the team a chance to win.

Throwing a pick every game certainly isn’t ideal, but the biggest issue for our prior QB wasn’t just that he threw picks. His issue was having absolute meltdown games which didn’t allow the team a chance to win.
Listen I’m not a will Howard hater I was just hoping for more of an opposite-TVD situation

Howard absolutely melted down in a very important big12 championship implications game this year and he threw 3 picks against Oklahoma state

Howard’s completion percentage and TD/INT are meh but he looks like a good fit. Minus the rushing his stats (I know, they don’t tell the whole story) are about the same as TVD. Less yards and lower completion. 2 less picks but 5 more TDs. I’m sure he’s more consistent making plays though in Dawsons offense.

Advertisement
Listen I’m not a will Howard hater I was just hoping for more of an opposite-TVD situation

Howard absolutely melted down in a very important big12 championship implications game this year and he threw 3 picks against Oklahoma state

Didnt he win the Big12 last year too?

He put up 3 tuddys against TCU in the B12 CG 🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement

I understand. Just have to manage expectations IMO. Usually aren’t any real stud QBs in the portal so you’ve got to try to get the best available.

Advertisement
Back