Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Advertisement
People not liking this is mind blowing lol. Dudes a three thousand yard passer that can move that’s been surrounded by mediocre talent. On top of that he wants to come here with his family and we wouldn’t have to break the bank. Hes tier 1
This is a great post. But Cribby, is it really mind blowing that CIS doesn't like this lol?

Ohio State is kicking McCord to the side to go after Ward. Oregon wants Ward and are the presumed favorites. FSU wants Ward. Even Lincoln Riley is considering going after him despite having multiple 5-star QBs ready to take over.

And there are those on CIS that are saying no thanks lol. Classic.

“But he’s turnover prone!”…go watch Wazzu play, go watch their OL and lack of a running game, and get back to me. The dude is a magician with what he had to deal with. He’s a game-changing dual-threat that would have us scoring 30 points every single game, and flirting with the 40’s pretty consistently imo.

No doubt in my mind we win 10 games this year with Ward at QB. And we’ll win 10 with him next season if we’re lucky enough to outbid everyone.

Are there safer options? Sure. But Miami doesn’t need safe - they need a play-maker.
The board is looking for someone that won't cost us ganes. Again the bar gets set sooooo low that you can't look for accountability. I think our fans are still trying to win the COASTAL. If the objective is to try and build a team that can maybe make the ACC Championship game then what the **** are we on a message board for. Pittsburgh and NC State already are doing that we are supposed to be building National Championship Contenders.

Advertisement
We have had contact with Will Howard, Cam Ward and Dillon Gabriel. Dawson visited Howard last week in Kansas. Don’t think we will go after Rogers from Mississippi State.

If Michael Pratt enters the Portal or Taulia Tagavoila gets a 6th year/enters the Portal, I would expect us to have significant interest in both.
How does this affect the QB position with recruiting and Air Noland and Van Buren decommitting?

Already broke down McCormick's eligibility in another post - has nothing to do with carrying over a year form covid plus a RS

2016 - Redshirted - True Freshman
2017 - Played and contributed - RS Freshman - used eligibility 1/4
2018 - Season ending injury week 1 - Medical RS - RS Soph - Still only used 1/4
2019 - Missed entire season due to injury - Medical RS - Granted another year of eligibility. Still only used 1/4
2020 - Missed entire season due to injury - didn't count due to covid anyway - Still only used 1/4
2021 - Played in 2 games and sustained a season ending injury - didn't immediately petition for waiver but qualifies (petitioned ACC for it this year I think) - still used only 1/4
2022 - Played in 13 games - started 6 - used eligibility year 2/4
2023 - Played in every game - used eligibility year 3/4
2024 - Assuming the waiver for 2021 is granted - will be 4th year of eligibility
I agree with this.... But please don't grant him the waiver. Sorry but we are just better if he's not on this roster, regardless how it affects our depth

Advertisement
Jordan McCloud could be a cheaper QB1 option if you decide to go after a guy like Dante Moore or someone similar as QB2

Advertisement
am fine with any of @DMoney 's 5. thanks for the update.

anyone of those guys should be able to lead a playoff caliber offense next year. some of them have more tools and flash than others, and our offense could be more daring and exciting. am not gonna mope if our QB1 next year is off that list - or someone comparable who hops into the portal. good to hear we are shooting our shot with ward.

McCormick? I'd let him go too. Time to get a job lol
IMG_1100.jpeg

Advertisement
I wouldn't say he's surrounded by mediocre talent. They've got a good sized OL, with at least one projected to go high in draft and they have some good backs and receivers. Mediocre coaching with Locksley and Gattis? Sure.
That’s the most impressive part to me. He has consistently put up good numbers with Enos and Gattis weighing him down. Anybody can put up 4,000 yards and 30 TDs when you’re throwing 50+ times a game in Leach’s offense.

2 of those aren't in the portal

think people
just attach themselves to the ones with local ties like Pratt and Taulia - because imo there are several options better than both
It's what Miami does. Always looking for convience and what "makes sense."

I would gladly take most of the names mentioned already. Taulia makes sense. His mom recently had a post regretting that all of the family couldn't watch him play - something that wouldn't be a problem in Miami.

Maryland is playing teams with much better talent most weeks. They he still broke the B10 passing record. To say he’s a tier two or three is ludicrous

Slight disagreement.
No question StatePenn, Michigan and Ohio State are more talented than my alma-mater this year and since beginning of time, but otherwise they are very comparable and often more talented than rest of conference. Big and fast guys on that team that could easily play for our UM but, again, their coaching is another story, especially on offensive side of ball.

Advertisement
Back