Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

He threw for 22 TDs with only 5 picks at a 65% clip and added 250 something rushing yards and 5 rushing TDs.

Now give him our OL, backs, and WRs? I'll gladly take 2023 Pratt thank you.
He was good this year. He was better than that last year. Their offense never really got going this season like it did last.

Advertisement
As a Freshman at Alabama (2019): Finished 9-of-12 for 100 yards in his five games of action with one rush ... Saw his first collegiate action in the season opener vs. Duke (8/31) but did not record any stats ... Completed his first career pass for a gain of 20 yards vs. Southern Miss (9/21), finishing 1-for-1 on the day ... Entered in the third quarter vs. Arkansas (10/26) for his most extensive action to date, finishing 6-of-8 passing for 45 yards while adding one rush for no gain ...Came in late for the Tide at Mississippi State (11/16), handing the ball off to run out the clock in Starkville ... Finished 2-of-3 for 35 yards vs. Western Carolina (11/23) with his first career touchdown.
5 games played.

You can’t carry over the COVID year. The COVID year is 2020.

1701716766593.png

Here, you want another one...Cam McCormick DID NOT take his COVID year in 2020:

1701716914355.png

Advertisement
That is very true.

However, just know that a number of people will be saying that about TVD as well.

Time will tell about all of them.
Based on the news out there, programs aren't exactly falling over each other to go after TVD and he's been in the portal since the earliest possible.
Kind of weird.

Advertisement
They didn't have Spears this year
I understand that. Again, I went there, watched them, etc. There were a whole bunch of reasons, many of which I acknowledged in the first post. I’d be happy if we landed him.

That’s crazy you can claim the COVID exemption any year.
So instead of saying 20 was a covid year, you put that year under a redshirt and then claim any other year as a covid year even though he played more than 4 games.

Did I get that right???

Yes, the COVID year is one year of eligibility anywhere you want it. 2024 would be his COVID extra year.

He redshirted the Covid year per Maryland's own roster:

As a Sophomore (2020): Started in all four games he played in,
As a Redshirt Sophomore (2021):

Advertisement
That’s crazy you can claim the COVID exemption any year.
So instead of saying 20 was a covid year, you put that year under a redshirt and then claim any other year as a covid year even though he played more than 4 games.

Did I get that right???

Yup.

Yeah give me Howard. Same issues we killed Rooster and TVD for.View attachment 269443

Ya…Ward's decision making is really questionable. And he doesn't handle pressure well. We may be able to protect him well enough here, and I wouldn't be angry if he comes here. Just realize those pretty yardage stats from throwing it 50 times a game come with a LOT of risk. There's some arm talent there, and he's mobile enough…But overall I don't understand the board's infatuation with him.

Advertisement
Yeah give me Howard. Same issues we killed Rooster and TVD for.View attachment 269443
You used Howards 9 rushing TDs to boost him. However you neglected to mention anything about Ward having 8 rushing TDs. So essentially Howard in 3 years starting has 30 turnovers averaging 10 per year. Ward has 44 in 4 years averaging 11 per year. You staged an entire arguement with incorrect and misleading facts. If you like Howard that's fine but dont make up stats to support it. Don't give me a 2:1 ratio about how turnover prone Ward is that's based on ****.

That's all I'm saying.

You (or anyone) don't have to agree with me on every issue in life, but I don't spew fact-free bull****.

Cam McCormick got a medical redshirt in 2020. Which means he used his COVID year IN ANOTHER YEAR other than 2020.

Facts.
I support facts! The waiver still would make since in retrospect, if he wants to apply Covid year to another year.

Advertisement
Back