Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Dante Moore was very bad this year. But ultimately still has a load of potential. I’d say he’s still one of best multi-year options. But that’s not what we NEED. We need a sure thing for next year imo
Best case scenario imo is bring in Taulia and Moore and let Moore sit one year. I’ve seen some say Moore is willing to develop for a year. If he is this would be my Plan A.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m still sticking to Taulia not having another year until he enters Portal.

Everything I have read 2020 was a wash and that was the free year. No redshirts were given.

Its simple.

If he redshirted in 2019 (im not sure)
COVID YEAR WAS A FREE YEAR IN 2020.

HE ESSENTIALLY WAS STILL A RS FRESHMAN IN 2021-
PLAYS IN 2022 AS A SOPH
Plays in 2023 as a junior
He has 2024 as a final year of elgibility.

In our 2019 class Jahfari Harvey, JHH, Zion Nelson all have elgibility left if they took shirts. They are the same class as him

Wrong. But stick to whatever you choose to believe. He played in 4 games in 2020. Red. Shirt.

View attachment 269429

Then this really shouldnt be an issue. I thought for some reason he played in 5 games in 2020. So yes, if he received a red shirt for 2020, which he can then use his Covid year for 2021, he should have 1 more year to play.

Disagree. If we can get him without a huge chunk of NIL money for depth and development, it's a good pickup. Not as our #1, though. Need Gabriel, Ward, Pratt, or Tua's brother.
better chance FSU wins a lawsuit against the CFP than Moore going anywhere to be a backup.

Last edited:
So was D'Eriq King. Except Gabriel has played against a ton of P5 talent.

Yeah, but we put King into a somewhat similar system to what Briles ran.

That’s one reason why King quit after a few games in the Dawson system at Houston. It wasn’t a fit for him.

Advertisement
Police GIF by One Chicago
Nope!!!

I caught it and it was funny and it should’ve been a……..

Cat Perfect Loops GIF

Post in thread 'Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag'
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...al-news-is-out-of-the-bag.189162/post-6946410

Advertisement
Advertisement
Its simple.

If he redshirted in 2019 (im not sure)
COVID YEAR WAS A FREE YEAR IN 2020.

HE ESSENTIALLY WAS STILL A RS FRESHMAN IN 2021-
PLAYS IN 2022 AS A SOPH
Plays in 2023 as a junior
He has 2024 as a final year of elgibility.

In our 2019 class Jahfari Harvey, JHH, Zion Nelson all have elgibility left if they took shirts. They are the same class as him
The issue is 2019.

The issue is 2019.

As a Freshman at Alabama (2019): Finished 9-of-12 for 100 yards in his five games of action with one rush ... Saw his first collegiate action in the season opener vs. Duke (8/31) but did not record any stats ... Completed his first career pass for a gain of 20 yards vs. Southern Miss (9/21), finishing 1-for-1 on the day ... Entered in the third quarter vs. Arkansas (10/26) for his most extensive action to date, finishing 6-of-8 passing for 45 yards while adding one rush for no gain ...Came in late for the Tide at Mississippi State (11/16), handing the ball off to run out the clock in Starkville ... Finished 2-of-3 for 35 yards vs. Western Carolina (11/23) with his first career touchdown.

Gabriel hasn’t played outside of a Veer and Shoot style offense.

The concern for me would be you’re going to get the opposite Henson Hooker effect with him

This is my concern with Gabriel as well. On the one hand you’ve got a guy who has been very productive at multiple schools. That’s encouraging, but the Veer is absolutely NOT what we run and it’s possible he wouldn’t fit well in the Dawson Ground Raid

Advertisement
Back