Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

I don't get why. He's put up great numbers considering the circumstances (bad OL and RBs, Gattis as OC lol). Seems to be a good fit, should be an easy get with the family in town.
There's something about that family that people just generally have a hard on for. I don't know if it's the religious thing but they don't prosthelitize like Tebow, and unlike him, they have NFL futures.

Advertisement
For some reason lots of porsters have been down on Gabriel since UCF but all he does is put up big numbers and win. I think he'd be a great fit but I'm almost sure he's headed out west.
When healthy he's been one of the best quarterbacks in the nation. Statistically, he's much better than anyone else we're discussing here. I'd like to see him here but he's been with Lebby since UCF.

What would make Taulia eligible for a waiver? He played in 2019, played 4 games in 2020, played in 2021, 2022, and 2023. Seems like he would be out of eligibility.

The other thing is that the NCAA is very slow deciding on waivers and very unpredictable. What I'm saying is if we're waiting on him, then who's to say we don't wait too long, all the other QB's sign elsewhere, only to have his waiver denied and us scrambling at the last minute?

I don't think we are waiting on him.
Reading what Dmoney wrote it sounds like first come first served among the group we really like. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@PIPO need to get the fight contracts in order
stare down daniel cormier GIF

There's a guy in the portal that threw 2-4 picks for 3 games.

does that count
There's a guy we're supposedly looking into that had three games with 2 picks and 5 other games with 1 pick.

Advertisement
Disagree. If we can get him without a huge chunk of NIL money for depth and development, it's a good pickup. Not as our #1, though. Need Gabriel, Ward, Pratt, or Tua's brother.
There will be a whole other batch of good QBs that aren't among the names we've been throwing around for months. I'm not sure it gets that far but it's not like if we don't land one of them we're out of luck.

Disagree. If we can get him without a huge chunk of NIL money for depth and development, it's a good pickup. Not as our #1, though. Need Gabriel, Ward, Pratt, or Tua's brother.
He's not going anywhere to be a backup

Gabriel seems to be headed to Mississippi state with lebby

Usc heavily interested in howard

Pretty sure oregon and osu will be heavily involved with ward

They aren’t after rogers so basically our hope is that taulia gets a waiver or pratt comes back for another year
Brendan Sorsby! Brendan Sorsby(Indiana) is a QB we should be looking at very closely. He is 6'3" 230 lb with a high ceiling. The kid is very good right now. He redshirted in 2022 and started this year for the Hoosiers. Sorsby was 135 of 237 for 1,587 yards 15 TD and 5 INT. Sorsby added 112 rush attempts for 286 yards and 4 TD. So he finished with 19 TD and 5 INT. Don't be fooled by the rushing yards per carry. He is a much more effective runner than those stats would lead one to believe. Sorsby looks to pass first but he will kill you escaping the pocket for 6 yards here 10 yards there ect. He is a very tough kid who is big and strong and he will not be brought down by arm or shoulder tackles. He is a very tough and physical runner who loves to hand out punishment. Sorsby is a natural leader who comes across as confident yet humble and very respectful to the media.

As a passer, Sorsby is very accurate with a great feel for game. He can make all the throws and is excellent when it comes to changing speeds and adding touch or letting it rip. He is accurate at all levels and has an excellent deep ball. Good footwork and mechanics with excellent pocket presence. While he doesn't look to run first or at the first sign of pressure he has a very good sense of when to tuck it and run or when to use his mobility to escape the pocket and extend plays. He goes through his reads well and seems to have above average field vision. He has 3 years off eligibility remaining and will only get better and better the more he plays. He seems like a great fit for what Mario seems to like.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's a gamer, whose willing to put his body on the line for his squad, he's mobile @ 6'3 220,

He can throw on the run and has great accuracy in the short to intermediate game.

Dude play with moxy and grit and he run that rock with a purpose. Takes a lickin and keeps on ticking. The mane don't turn the ball over much either.

His mechanics and arm strength is a lil wonky but he can be really good.
Sounds about right. Game manager

Advertisement
I’m still sticking to Taulia not having another year until he enters Portal.

Everything I have read 2020 was a wash and that was the free year. No redshirts were given.

I went to Tulane and watched a decent amount this year. Something was largely off with them throughout the year, despite getting wins. He was banged up, skill position guys were not as good, their OL was abysmal against SMU (and others), and then Fritz was clearly distracted with the Houston process. If you get 2022 Pratt, we are cooking. If we get, 2023, it is a little unknown. However there is no chance he stays at Tulane. It would make no sense on any level.
He threw for 22 TDs with only 5 picks at a 65% clip and added 250 something rushing yards and 5 rushing TDs.

Now give him our OL, backs, and WRs? I'll gladly take 2023 Pratt thank you.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back