Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Advertisement
I disagree based on what my eyes saw the last four games against G5 competition (and below mediocre defenses at that) + KSt film in 2022 and a handful of other games, but I understand the rationale.
I'm taking it easy on Pratt because he was banged up a lot this year and didn't have his same athleticism at times. He also lost 2 of his top 3 receivers from 2022.

I think he's better than he looked this year.. where he had 2,400 yards, 22 TDs, 5 picks and ran for 300 yards with 5 TDs

If that's his floor (and I think it is) ... I want it.

Just give me Gabriel or Ward. Not a fan of Howard.

Had 10 INTs. So, nearly as bad as TVD at turning the ball over and not as good of a passer. His running ability is a plus.
Here’s the thing with 10 INT’s, I’m fine with that if it’s 30/10 and not a four game stretch that results in 10 INT’s. If it’s 1 a game I can live with it lol 8 INT’s vs GT, Nc St and UVA is back breaking.

Advertisement
Here’s the thing with 10 INT’s, I’m fine with that if it’s 30/10 and not a four game stretch that results in 10 INT’s. If it’s 1 a game I can live with it lol
True. My bad comparing him to the TVD run. I just see 10 INTs and cringe.

I've seen a few of their games. Just not a fan. I'd rather take the upside of Jaccuri if he stays or Emory.

We need a QB that is clearly better than our young QBs or you might as well just let the younins' battle it out.

Advertisement
I'm taking it easy on Pratt because he was banged up a lot this year and didn't have his same athleticism at times. He also lost 2 of his top 3 receivers from 2022.

I think he's better than he looked this year.. where he had 2,400 yards, 22 TDs, 5 picks and ran for 300 yards with 5 TDs

If that's his floor (and I think it is) ... I want it.
Pratt has been/would be my #1 target should he enter

Advertisement
Thanks, and I hope so. Doesn't make any sense to me, he started every game in 2021 so how does that count as a Covid redshirt? But I don't pretend to understand all the NCAA counter rules.
A Covid year and a redshirt year are 2 different things. A "Covid" year is a freebee where you could have played but it doesnt count towards your 4 years of college ball, so in effect:

2019: Year 1 (this is the key I think) He played 5 games and would need a get out of jail free card from the NCAA and have this considered his "Redshirt" year
2020: He played, but "Covid" freebee year
2021: Year 2
2022: Year 3
2023: Year 4

He seems out of eligibility as he played in more than 4 games 4 times (not including his covid year) unless he gets that 2019 year to be considered a Redshirt year. But then again, some of the **** Ive seen doesnt make sense with eligibility so I could be completely wrong

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
290 437 66.4 3,377 7.7 25 11 64 145.1
262 391 67.0 3,008 7.7 18 8 68 142.7
328 474 69.2 3,860 8.1 26 11 70 151.1
75 122 61.5 1,011 8.3 7 7 76 138.5
9 12 75.0 100 8.3 1 0 20 172.5

This is the concern, but he also was forced to carry his team.

Bad OL and one of the worst running games in the nation, yet he led the Big 10 in passing and TDs (all-time leading passer in the conference) and had three straight winning seasons after years of losing.
Isn't his OC Mr Gattis?
With that being said, isn't it pretty easy to compare apples to apples here? I.e., TVD bs Taulia, similar personnelle etc.

If Taulia, put those numbers up with the same OC playcalling and less talent and out up very very respectable numbers vs the number 1 team in the nation (Michigan), I don't see how this is not a slam dunk choice for a QB and isn't as clear as day.

On top of the fact he could work with his brother in the off season.

Advertisement
I know Riley Leonard is penciled in to ND but he's legit. I might put him in the Cam Ward tier. He's extremely athletic.

Bring in Ward or Garbriel, and you elevate next year's baseline significantly. 10-2 would be the floor.

Be curious to see the boards of:

OSU
FSU
Oregon

What other programs at our level or higher are looking for a starter at QB from the portal?

Etc.

Advertisement
Back