Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Advertisement
Obviously Ward is #1 but he’s that on everyone’s list. I was hoping for Rogers, love his stats. Other than those 2 I’m hoping anyone that can play consistently good. Pratt struggled his last couple of games. The announcers said during his game that that was his last game in that stadium so he’s leaving for somewhere regardless I’m guessing.

We have had contact with Will Howard, Cam Ward and Dillon Gabriel. Dawson visited Howard last week in Kansas. Don’t think we will go after Rogers from Mississippi State.

If Michael Pratt enters the Portal or Taulia Tagavoila gets a 6th year/enters the Portal, I would expect us to have significant interest in both.
Outside of being from Miami what is it that anyone likes about Pratt?

Advertisement
Gotta think OSU goes after Howard or Ward

Gabriel could follow Lebby to Miss St but I’m sure he’s also going to have big time offers to go to back out west - Oregon, Washington, USC, etc.

Pratt is a local kid, Tualia could want to come to Miami to be with his brother and family

Will be interesting to see how things play out

Advertisement
We have had contact with Will Howard, Cam Ward and Dillon Gabriel. Dawson visited Howard last week in Kansas. Don’t think we will go after Rogers from Mississippi State.

If Michael Pratt enters the Portal or Taulia Tagavoila gets a 6th year/enters the Portal, I would expect us to have significant interest in both.
@DMoney what is the anticipated timeline for a decision?

Advertisement

Gabriel seems to be headed to Mississippi state with lebby

Usc heavily interested in howard

Pretty sure oregon and osu will be heavily involved with ward

They aren’t after rogers so basically our hope is that taulia gets a waiver or pratt comes back for another year

Advertisement
Gabriel would be an absolute slam dunk

think he's on another level than howard but Ohio State may be hard to beat out for that one

think cam ward is going to get it all moving once people officially miss on him they can start to land the others

Those who were infuriated by TVD's knack for turnovers will likely be opposed to Taulia.

Taulia has thrown 11 INT's in 2 of the last 3 seasons at Maryland. 30 total INT's over the last 3 seasons.
This is the concern, but he also was forced to carry his team.

Bad OL and one of the worst running games in the nation, yet he led the Big 10 in passing and TDs (all-time leading passer in the conference) and had three straight winning seasons after years of losing.

Gabriel seems to be headed to Mississippi state with lebby

Usc heavily interested in howard

Pretty sure oregon and osu will be heavily involved with ward

They aren’t after rogers so basically our hope is that taulia gets a waiver or pratt comes back for another year
Gabriel is going to Oregon and I would be floored if Howard wound up at SC

Advertisement
Back