Now that Richt is gone...

We lost to East Carolina in 1999. And got throttled by 33 by Virginia Tech. And got shutout in the second half in a 4th straight loss to FSU.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Butch blew a 2 game lead in conference USA.

Before you say it’s FIU... the conference winners didn’t even have a football team two years ago.

We should've just spent the money to get Rick Pitino when we had the chance. He was sitting in his house on Miami Beach just waiting to hear the right dollar figure.

Ahhh ****. Wrong forum.

Advertisement
sub .500 like Butch was in year 3, 5-6. And understandably, given the sanctions.

Now, could Saban or Dabo rebuild the program into a Top 5 program by year 6?
I'd say they can .both bama and Clemson weren't the current powerhouses they were when they both started their tenures at each school.plus saban won a nc at LSU as well.

Banners for f-ing what??...The mess Erickson left him??....Where was those banners 2000-02??....where was those banners for Coker?? from 02-06, as he drove a Ferrari into a Yugo dealership
those banners flew in 98,99 fact one flew before the ucla game.before 2000 cane fans were just as nasty to butch and his family as they were to the last four head coaches we've had.

Lol at Butch not being better than Richt....
Richt and Butch were both great coaches, Butch in his prime was obviously ridiculously good at scouting and creating a culture. Richt was good at finding a way to win, and finding a way to lose when he should easily win. Both never won a championship, but hasn't been good since they built their resume (except for maybe 2012 Richt).

Since Butch, & 90% of his Assts, and all his kids have left (2004)....How's things been??

About the same or better than they've been for him.

Since Butch left he's been fired twice, been part of a massive NCAA investigation, had wins vacated, went a decade without being able to get a sniff at a school the caliber of ours and is now coaching at a third tier school in the shadow of where he once had greatness and decided to leave it.

At the end ot the day the U is still the U and FiU will always be FIU.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@caneinorlando

Nobody here is questioning Butch Davis’ assembling the incredible early 2000 Canes’ teams and our lack of talent since Davis left. But that was also twenty years ago. Why do you suppose it’s only a select few older generation Canes fans that still want him to coach at the U. The guy is coaching at FIU for crying out loud. You don’t think someone, somewhere, would offer him a better position if he was still a mastermind coach who could assemble world class talent? The free market talks, and Butch Davis is the coach at FIU

@caneinorlando

Nobody here is questioning Butch Davis’ assembling the incredible early 2000 Canes’ teams and our lack of talent since Davis left. But that was also twenty years ago. Why do you suppose it’s only a select few older generation Canes fans that still want him to coach at the U. The guy is coaching at FIU for crying out loud. You don’t think someone, somewhere, would offer him a better position if he was still a mastermind coach who could assemble world class talent? The free market talks, and Butch Davis is the coach at FIU
You have absolutely no idea what your talking about (common on CIS)...You also have no idea who offered and who didn't.....My opinion...you should never enter a discussion where the facts are unbeknownst to you....you'd be surprised at who offered Butch a HC job, and he turned it down because he wanted to stay in SW Fla....

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about (common on CIS)...You also have no idea who offered and who didn't.....My opinion...you should never enter a discussion where the facts are unbeknownst to you....you'd be surprised at who offered Butch a HC job, and he turned it down because he wanted to stay in SW Fla....

Are you are telling us all Butch was offered a Power 5 job during his hiatus from coaching and turned it down to stay in SW Florida?

You’re right, I don’t know who he turned down to coach at FIU. Care to elaborate?

Advertisement
You’re right, I don’t know who he turned down to coach at FIU. Care to elaborate?
Some SEC teams and others...but I'm not going to throw his personal business out there...Another person on this Board can vouch for me....My cousin was offered the UM HC job wayyy before Richt...but nobody knows that except myself and one other person on this board, and ultimately turned it down.....

Fired by UNC and offered a head coaching job at an SEC school (among others) and takes a job at FIU?
Once again...Your wrong... he couldn't coach for 4yrs due to Buyout...hence Bucs and commentator jobs....Totally vindicated by NCAA and UNC of ANY improprieties....Thats 100% fact...and yes he was offered other jobs...but ALWAYS loved S. Fl....again...another classic example of not knowing details of another persons life...its getting rather comical...but by all means, keep believing what you want...So much misinformation...

Advertisement
Once again...Your wrong... he couldn't coach for 4yrs due to Buyout...hence Bucs and commentator jobs....Totally vindicated by NCAA and UNC of ANY improprieties....Thats 100% fact...and yes he was offered other jobs...but ALWAYS loved S. Fl....again...another classic example of not knowing details of another persons life...its getting rather comical...but by all means, keep believing what you want...So much misinformation...

If multiple SEC schools wanted him to be their head coach, don’t you think one of them would have paid his buyout at some point?

If multiple SEC schools wanted him to be their head coach, don’t you think one of them would have paid his buyout at some point?
Again for the last F-ing time...he didnt want to leave Fl....Period...Wife didnt want him leaving either....Believe what you want..Thats your prerogative...I know the facts...you are just spewing more falsehoods..Love how everyone knows what went on in another mans life...Jesus...Give it a rest....

Some SEC teams and others...but I'm not going to throw his personal business out there...Another person on this Board can vouch for me....My cousin was offered the UM HC job wayyy before Richt...but nobody knows that except myself and one other person on this board, and ultimately turned it down.....

That’s hilarious. Maybe in 2000 but no SEC teams were offering Butch in 2016.

But even if that’s true that works against your point. That says at age 67 Butch cares more about his south Florida home than he does winning football games. That’s why he wouldn’t repeat history

That’s hilarious. Maybe in 2000 but no SEC teams were offering Butch in 2016.

But even if that’s true that works against your point. That says at age 67 Butch cares more about his south Florida home than he does winning football games. That’s why he wouldn’t repeat history
Nobody said 2016 azzwipe....Another Guru...he was offered a plethora of jobs from 2001-2012....Again...thats is undeniable, except too the Guru's on this board...

Advertisement
Back