Now that Richt is gone...

sub .500 like Butch was in year 3, 5-6. And understandably, given the sanctions.

Now, could Saban or Dabo rebuild the program into a Top 5 program by year 6?
Better yet...Would either of them (by yr 6) put together the Greatest Team ever??...Absolutely not....They couldn't and haven't without ANY Sanctions....Not only that...Butch wasnt dropping $$$ Bags like they have done on a continuous basis...and blatantly too boot....From 1995 till 2000...The NCAA was waiting for UM to even stub their toes....

Advertisement
Better yet...Would either of them (by yr 6) put together the Greatest Team ever??...Absolutely not....They couldn't and haven't without ANY Sanctions....Not only that...Butch wasnt dropping $$$ Bags like they have done on a continuous basis...and blatantly too boot....From 1995 till 2000...The NCAA was waiting for UM to even stub their toes....

No doubt.

Always thought Butch should have stayed, money issue or not.

Had he a Carroll or Saban type run from 2001-2004 he still could have returned to the NFL. He would have commanded even more money. I knew the NFL was inevitable. He won SBs as an assistant and would want a shot as HC. Thought he’d take the Houston expansion job, given his Texas connections. Oh well.

No doubt.

Always thought Butch should have stayed, money issue or not.

Had he a Carroll or Saban type run from 2001-2004 he still could have returned to the NFL. He would have commanded even more money. I knew the NFL was inevitable. He won SBs as an assistant and would want a shot as HC. Thought he’d take the Houston expansion job, given his Texas connections. Oh well.
He would've stayed at UM for atleast another 10yrs....

He would've stayed at UM for atleast another 10yrs....

Think so? Win a couple of NCs and the NFL is offering him even more money. More than any college paid, then. He wouldn’t have wanted his shot as NFL HC? He’d have nothing to prove in the college game. And he tasted great success as an assistant and as a DC.

Advertisement
Yup....It was too late after 2012-14....Thank UMs BOT...you know...the ones Howard and JJ ran from...How's their hires Been since???
Coker- Garbage
Hamilton- Garbage
Onion- Garbage
Haith- Garbage
Golden- Garbage
Richt- Garbage....Proof is in the Pudding...

Yeah, but you're the same guy who thinks farting and rolling the windows up is fun.

Take 30 schollies from Saban or Dabo
And tell me their record the next 2-3 yrs....

Do you even get how blind homer comments like these negate the real points you make?

Butch was 0-8 against FSU and Virginia Tech while enduring these sanctions. In year five he lost to them by a combined 43 points.

He didn't outcoach anyone during those years. He got his *** kicked on the regular by top opponents.

What he did do is rebuild our program to what it had been. But again, he was doing it to an iconic brand that had won four national championships in the preceding 15 years, had players dominating NFL rosters and a previous head coach winning Super Bowls with the Cowboys.

He deserves all the credit in the world for that. But this absolute certainty he would maintain that greatness indefinitely or that he got screwed by the BOT and wasn't looking to parlay his success to get to the show much sooner than later is you presiding over the Cult of Butch to max levels.

Think so? Win a couple of NCs and the NFL is offering him even more money. More than any college paid, then. He wouldn’t have wanted his shot as NFL HC? He’d have nothing to prove in the college game. And he tasted great success as an assistant and as a DC.
We (Butch & Myself) have had this convo....
He definitely would have stayed 10yrs...but the BOT never liked him..and the feeling was more than mutual...And lets be Honest...they never would have paid him nearly what he was worth....Think about this...Coker...Golden and Richt ALL made alot more than Butch....How ridiculous is that??

Advertisement
We (Butch & Myself) have had this convo....
He definitely would have stayed 10yrs...but the BOT never liked him..and the feeling was more than mutual...And lets be Honest...they never would have paid him nearly what he was worth....Think about this...Coker...Golden and Richt ALL made alot more than Butch....How ridiculous is that??

Pretty sad he was paid less than his lame successors. Makes my point to though - he stays and goes on multiple title run - the NFL is going to offer even more, much more than UM. Oh well, we’ll never know.

Pretty sad he was paid less than this lame predecessors. Makes my point to though - he stays and goes on multiple title run - the NFL is going to offer even more, much more than UM. Oh well, we’ll never know.
Ship has sailed...but he'll Win 10 games at a school where 4-5 was Good...Even Saban said multiple times....I coach with a Butch Davis Philosophy...

Advertisement
I sound like an Idiot??...Lol...Tell ya what...Put your Portfolio up against mine..and see who really is the idiot....
I mean..you can be a great business man and have a great portfolio and still be an idiot when it comes to this topic 🤣🤣

No doubt butch was lowballed his 1st stint..but to sit n act like butch would’ve been the correct hire when we hired Richt is ludicrous. The idea of him recreating what he had his 1st time around here is..stupid. The game has changed so much. We saw it with a alltime great coach like Bobby Bowden...fellas just let it go..I could see if he was somewhere tearing it up..he’s at ******* FIU

Advertisement
Your outta your Mind....Yeah...I put together the Greatest team ever (and played a HUGE part on putting the 84-88 teams together) but alllll of a sudden, I forgot how to do it...Lol...****...he went to a BB school and kicked our teeth in....Should he have come back in 2016??...No...We shouldn't have F-ed him in 2000...we'd have 8-10 NCs if not for that Idiocy....
That's what I'm saying, we did right by not hiring him after Golden.

I look at it like this, we went through all that bs and cane out of it with Manny. He is the right coach (hopefully).

I see ol' Butch is your soft spot though. you're coming at everyone. I'll keep that in mind lol

Well since I was there for 6yrs standing at practices and on the sidelines during games...I'll roll with me....
No doubt man..no argument here was just ******* with y’all..but we need to give this argument a rest and move on..what butch built and navigated through his 1st time around will never be seen again..and was not gonna be duplicated in 2015 a 2nd time around..there were banners flying under butches tenure too

That's what I'm saying, we did right by not hiring him after Golden.

I look at it like this, we went through all that bs and cane out of it with Manny. He is the right coach (hopefully).

I see ol' Butch is your soft spot though. you're coming at everyone. I'll keep that in mind lol
Hes a close friend for 24yrs...He hired my cousin as an assistant coach (then took him to Cleveland and UNC and made him rich) and treated my family like Platinum...You think I'm gonna let some uninformed Pions on CIS make me change how I feel??...Lol....Okay...

No doubt man..no argument here was just ******* with y’all..but we need to give this argument a rest and move on..what butch built and navigated through his 1st time around will never be seen again..and was not gonna be duplicated in 2015 a 2nd time around..there were banners flying under butches tenure too
Banners for f-ing what??...The mess Erickson left him??....Where was those banners 2000-02??....where was those banners for Coker?? from 02-06, as he drove a Ferrari into a Yugo dealership

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back