Notre Dame

Advertisement
If the ACC is seriously talking about adding another school with ND, I'd take a run at Baylor. Also a small private school like Miami, but gives access to Texas market. Academically its better than WVU or some of the other potential names. I'd love to see Vandy as well, but no SEC school is going to leave that conference because of the $$$

Advertisement
West Virginia will never be in the ACC. The academics at that school is so trash. I’d put my money on another team from the Northeast
This is comical. They are the same as Louisville and Clemson. It’s an athletic conference. We need to get over the elitism. The ACC ain’t the Ivy League and Miami ain’t Stanford. West Va makes the league better in football, basketball, and baseball and they would pay to get into the ACC. They should be in.

I laugh at these academic comments. Most of these schools run the exact same academic programs.

To be honest, I want them this season as well. Would be a great replacement for MSU. Play them there, come here...I don't really care. Just want to beat down those smug mfers again.
Here is what I posted in another thread if they go conference +1 game (rivalry) since the SEC wants to keep its traditional rivalries (UGA-GT, FSU-UF, UK-UL):

If they do go with this model, it will solve the ND issue. ND already plays 6 ACC teams including Clemson, Louisville and GT. So remove Clemson, Louisville and GT since they play USCe, UK and UGA, and add 6 more ACC teams to their schedule (If possible). They may only need to add 5 ACC opponents if the SEC goes with this model since ND plays Arkansas this year and Arkansas doesn’t have an out of conference annual rivalry.

UNC is supposed to play Auburn, and NCST plays Miss St. this year so that takes care of all 4 teams out of conference game.

So add Miami, VT, Boston College, UVA, and Syracuse to ND’s schedule and call it a day. So they would be playing those teams along with Duke, Pitt, WF and Arkansas.

All ACC teams would now have a game against a power 5 team. Doesn’t seem so complicated to me. ACC should thank for me doing their work.

in state team
hurts the academic rep of the ACC (tho its not like some schools of lower quality)
and for the simple fact that it adds credibility to a state school that has a massive student pop and is trending away from a commuter school to a more traditional state school. UCF In a p5 wouldn't do any of the big 3 any favors imo.
True. Makes sense. Then academically the West Virginia option wouldn’t fly either. Who would your options be?

This is comical. They are the same as Louisville and Clemson. It’s an athletic conference. We need to get over the elitism. The ACC ain’t the Ivy League and Miami ain’t Stanford. West Va makes the league better in football, basketball, and baseball and they would pay to get into the ACC. They should be in.

I laugh at these academic comments. Most of these schools run the exact same academic programs.
They were Already once rejected by the ACC due to academics and fan reputation. So no, not comical.

Advertisement
True. Makes sense. Then academically the West Virginia option wouldn’t fly either. Who would your options be?
How about Cincinnati? Or Houston? Or Memphis?
I know nothing about their academics though.
On another note, this does seem like the most realistic time (probably still unlikely but better chance than normally) to get ND to join. If they did, it would be great if Miami and ND would play every year on rivalry weekend. It would be nice to have a legit rival for that weekend.

Last edited:
They die and I’ll be delighted. Can’t stand ND.
I still can’t wrap my head around ND special status in today’s college football. I hope COVID kills that program, might be the only good thing to come from the Wohan Virus.

Put the Domers in the Atlantic with Clemson. You know that’s too much to ask. You know they’re going to stick the Irish in the Corstal with all the Corches.

Like, you know, Manny.

They’ll do it as a favor to all those Bull Noles up in Tally.

Advertisement
UM has an open date Oct. 17th.......

It’s our turn to go to South Bend. We haven’t won there since Jimmy’s first year coaching the Canes back in 1984. Winning at South Bend is the Holy Grail Of Canes Football. It’s up there with winning an NC. All because of that Cleveland Gary non call .

1, Which division the Atlantic or Coastal? I think Atlantic for ND.
2. What other team would benefit the ACC the most as a balancing addition? I say check out the Gator or South Carolina.
3. Please, not UCF. Don't legitimize them into our talent pool.
4. Make ND commit to the ACC before adding them in this year.
5. Imagine the revenue with ND and the gator or SC.

If the ACC is seriously talking about adding another school with ND, I'd take a run at Baylor. Also a small private school like Miami, but gives access to Texas market. Academically its better than WVU or some of the other potential names. I'd love to see Vandy as well, but no SEC school is going to leave that conference because of the $$$

Wow. That's actually interesting. The geography kinda makes you wince, but at least its EAST Texas.

Yeah Vandy is a non-starter. Schools don't leave the SEC.

Advertisement
Now that is a good choice. Could be a win/win.

Hate to see it, but the ACC could add Temple if ND was added and the league wanted to expand to 16 teams.

@TimeB0mb’s idea of Baylor is interesting. Would allow Houston to move up to the Big 12 as a replacement.

Swofford needs to strong arm ND to join the ACC in football. Work a deal where they still get majority of their NBC $ until 2024 when contract runs out, while giving them a smaller share of Accnetwork $ until 2024. If they don’t join pull all non conference games scheduled this year. Also add West Virginia. The nonsense about having a higher academic standard than they do loses all credibility when you have Florida State in your league, and you added Louisville.

ACC North-

Notre Dame

Louisville

Virginia Tech

UVA

West Virginia

Syracuse

Boston College

Pittsburgh

ACC South-

Clemson

Miami

Florida State

Georgia Tech

UNC

N. C. State

Wake Forest

Duke

Have 9 conference games per year with 2 rotating crossover games.

Replace West Virginia with Navy for just this one year along with Notre Dame and see how it goes. Navy is in Maryland which is good since MD went to the Big 10. Notre Dame already plays them every year. Navy is an independent too and will need a conference as well. It’s a great school academic wise

Advertisement
Back