Notre Dame

Advertisement
- If Miami never played the Independent Indiana Team until they joined a conference … I’d be happy.
- if the rest of college football never played the Independent Indiana Team until they joined a conference … I’d be happy
- if Lex Luthor and Bain could lift up South Bend, IN and submerge it in Lake Michigan … I’d be happy.

Unfortunately, in the real world, there are Miami fans who actually want to play that school and BELIEVE that school actually raises Miami’s profile. That makes me sad.

Hopefully the ACC doesn't just roll over and rescue ND without getting anything in return.
I agree. This should at a minimum lead to a conversation about becoming a full football member in the future. It would be beneficial for both sides.

Put them in the coastal and, if, and it’s a big if, our best ACC programs can all get their act together, you have a really good conference. Miami/ND battling in the coastal with Clemson/FSU in the Atlantic. Then other solid programs like VT, UNC, Louisville, etc. I would make it an even number by bringing in West Virginia as well but that’s neither here nor there.

Just hypothetical. If ND agreed to come to the ACC as #15, what team would be best to add as #16? A team that would realistically come.

Advertisement
The only reason ND gave the ACC the time of day was for basketball. The only reason the ACC should let ND play a conference only football schedule is if they give the ACC full revenue sharing of this season tv contract.

Unfortunately, in the real world, there are Miami fans who actually want to play that school and BELIEVE that school actually raises Miami’s profile. That makes me sad.

Believe it or not, ND views Miami as a really important "ally" in college sports (which makes sense, seeing as both are private, smaller than the gigantic land grant state colleges, etc.), and want Miami on the schedule because of the profile exposure the Canes provides to ND. Most Domers I know are very protective of the rivalry between the two schools and see it as something that should be protected over the other, more traditional rivalries (Navy, Stanford, etc.). And their current staff has tried emphasizing recruiting FL and the Atlantic Coast, rather than focusing on CA and TX like previous staffs, so regularly scheduled games against Miami is attractive to them.

If push came to shove, and the football program had to choose, there's no doubt that the ACC is ND's best option. There are far more schools it shares similarities with in terms of size, academics, and being private institutions (Miami, Duke, Wake, BC) and the rivalries are already there (Canes, FSU, BC) that it would be a pretty seamless transition.

Advertisement
- If Miami never played the Independent Indiana Team until they joined a conference … I’d be happy.
- if the rest of college football never played the Independent Indiana Team until they joined a conference … I’d be happy
- if Lex Luthor and Bain could lift up South Bend, IN and submerge it in Lake Michigan … I’d be happy.

I never really get think about all that when watching football because I just enjoy the game. Nothing wrong with looking deeper though. Why should Miami not want to play them? Serious question.

If the ACC

I would work with ND. I would also tell them bring your huge tv contract money with you. It will cost you to add 4 more games to get to 10.

ND's contract with NBC is up in 2025. That would be the time to join, and would most likely lead to a bigger deal for the ACC for television rights.

Advertisement
Let them die. Swafford is a chump if he doesn’t make them join at the top of a spear.

This conference has enabled Notre Dame’s existence for years. Let them die or pledge allegiance. It benefits none of your actually freaking conference members to play them.

If Notre Dame stays on ACC schedules then this entire charade of a conference only season should be called for the sham it is.
Playing on national television vs a top 10 team and beating them doesn't help anyone? Lol

Add Notre Dame, Louisville, NC State, and BC to replace the four we lost. We go to South Bend & Louisville while NC State & BC come to HRS.

Advertisement
Let them give us a cut of their TV money and play our teams. Miami v ND is big ratings get. 2017 game was huge success. In a year like this, it could be one of top ratings if not highest.

Notre Dame 2020 Schedule: (ACC games in bold)

9/5 at Navy

9/12 Arkansas

9/19 Western Michigan

9/26 at Wake Forest

10/ 3 OPEN - ( at Wisconsin cancelled )

10/10 Stanford

10/17 at Pittsburgh

10/24 BYE

10/31 Duke

11/7 Clemson

11/14 at Georgia Tech

11/21 Louisville

11/28 USC

If the PAC 12 and SEC go to conference only games, that opens up 3 more dates - 9/12, 10/10 and 11/28 for other ACC games to be scheduled.

Advertisement
Back