Notre Dame v. UNC

Advertisement
558 yards including an abortion of a first half. You must’ve not watched that game.

Wow that's a lot of yards. Surely they must have scored 50+ points. I must have watched a different game where one of the worst teams in college football beat UNC.

We got NC in the bag plus we run the rest table. I have enough dumb and ??? votes from very knowledgeable people here to confirm we go 10-1.

I wasn’t concerned who won here because we’d beat them being we’ve arrived.

I’m excited in getting this party started 🙌🙌🙌

GOCANES

It also helps that Notre Dame gets treated like royalty by the ACC.

When making the modified schedule, why wouldn't the ACC set up Miami-Notre Dame and UNC-Clemson instead of how they did it? Miami and Notre Dame is a historic rivalry, UNC-Clemson would do better regionally. Instead they give ND a home game vs Clemson and avoided scheduling ND vs Miami. And even if ND had lost to Clemson- since they got a home game they were far more likely to play them closer than Miami on the road. Why not make it fair and have both ND and Miami play road games at Clemson? The whole setup, including all the tiebreakers scenario, was designed with ND in mind. The biggest question is why would the acc let a team that refuses to join the conference play in the acc championship game?

How strange that the other conferences are still sticking with divisions, but the ACC is the only one going with two best records including a non conference team.

If this is a normal non-Covid season, Miami is almost certainly undefeated right now with a chance of rolling into the acc championship game ranked about where ND is. But because the acc gives ND anything it asks for, a 1 loss Miami team (with the only loss to a healthy Clemson on the road) is going to be on the outside looking in.
You nailed it! Not only did the ACuCk fold, they gave them the schedule they wanted (what was the vote again? 15-1 against Miami playing them! 15-1!).

Blake James applauded and back-slapped the decision to have no divisions (and add the IIT) when it was LIKELY that his team would be undefeated. Say what you want about Nebraska’s AD but he was an advocate for his school and his school alone.

Thats why I’m rooting for 2 SEC teams to make the CFP; add in Clemson and OSU — and all will be right in the world.

UNC picks apart defenses like Baker calls. The only way we win that game is to score 50 or hope Manny and Baker come up with a game plan that doesn’t involve 7 yard cushions and safety blitzes from Tampa.

There is zero excuse for not at least slowing them down. It will be a telling game IMO.
Baker's D effectively shut down UNC's offense for nearly three quarters after a bad start. UNC needed a miracle on 4th and 17 to beat us, and scored a grand total of 28 points.

Advertisement
We definitely can put up 558 plus yards to out pace our opponents everything is in place.

I’m very confident in our resent performances to continue with solid wins starting off with GT and finishing with OB win over gators to finish in top 5

GOCANES

Baker's D effectively shut down UNC's offense for nearly three quarters after a bad start. UNC needed a miracle on 4th and 17 to beat us, and scored a grand total of 28 points.
Just as in most games last year if we would have had a competent QB and a Kicker we would have more than likely beaten UNC.
I expect a win this year because we fixed those two major issues.

Oregon loss just makes things easier for the Canes to move up in the polls. There are no PAC12 teams that deserve to be in the CFB playoff discussion right now.

Now, it’s up to the Canes to win out and let everything else take care of itself

A North Carolina win would make things really interesting in the ACC and in the overall playoff picture.

Regardless Canes just got to keep winning. Ill keep saying it a 10-1 Canes team is hard to ignore even with the ugly wins.
Canes will be underdogs to both UNC and ND. Out of Miami's starting 22, I don't see a clear starter vs ND's starters.

Advertisement

Our defense was better last year and their running game wasn’t in the same stratosphere as it is this year.

I wanna see us put pressure on Howell and not just rely on coverage sacks.

UNC picks apart defenses like Baker calls. The only way we win that game is to score 50 or hope Manny and Baker come up with a game plan that doesn’t involve 7 yard cushions and safety blitzes from Tampa.

There is zero excuse for not at least slowing them down. It will be a telling game IMO.

Outside of Clemson, over the last 5 years how many times has a Manny defense even given up more than 40 or even 30?

Now we need 50 to beat UNC?

Wow they must be really good.

Advertisement
34 was to Louisville. State put 41 on us. Don’t act like special teams don’t count. You said a Manny defense, guess what it’s Manny’s whole team. I swear the mental gymnastics some of y’all do are amazing.
Buddy the only one eating a traipse is you to trying to justify thinking we need 50 points to beat that team

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back