Notre Dame v. UNC

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Have you all NOTICED that the announcers are loving and happy that notre dame won. You can hear it in their voices and comments.
The Powers that be want that rematch. And they'll get it. Neither ND or Clemson is going to lose another game. Let's go 10-1, beat the Turds or JawJaw in the OB and sign a great class. After the pile of horsesh!t last year was, that would be a GREAT season!

Advertisement
You’re clearly not an athlete nor a competitor. You don’t run from competition. Playing the elite teams tells you where you are as a team and what changes need to be made to overcome those obstacles to beat the best.
Nothing to do with the players, competition, or supporting the program. It's my opinion that getting to Charlotte this year given what I've seen the past few games, wouldn't benefit the program this year. That's my opinion.

That point is now moot unless Clemson loses to Pitt and we win out. We just need to handle our business and gain momentum for the future.

Oh yeah, I did play D1 sports.

Agree with D$ here. The combination of those WRs/RBs with Howell should put significant pressure on ND's back 7. UNC's OL is gonna face some issues, but they can mitigate some of it by going up tempo and stretching out ND to the sidelines. Those hash marks should get lit up downfield by in-breaking routes an accurate Howell can hit. UNC's #5 is a player well-suited to cause ND some problems. Should be a really interesting strategy game between UNC's OC and ND's DC.
ND just gave us the blueprint for stopping UNC's offense. The problem is that the LBs are the key to controlling their running game and it's a weakness for us.

Advertisement
Book was getting eaten up by our ends and even DTs when we played them. He’s getting outside a lot and using his escapability vs UNC

you’re comparing him then (who, at the time, was a wide eyed freshman called in to play while the starter was benched/Injured) to now? Pointless to compare.

its like comparing Dorsey from 99-VT with Dorsey from 02-UF games.

Last edited:
L-O-L

Have u ever played football? I’m guessing u haven’t, b/c if did, u would know that even when u lead w ur shoulder like Hamilton did, it’s something called g force that will automatically whip ur head forward. The reason why there are helmets is prior to, guys were knocking themselves out by driving shoulders into each other due to heads automatically connecting.

U want to eliminate helmet clanging? Go to touch football, but as long as someone is coming full speed, and a player is bracing for contact (as they’ve been taught since peewee football), u will ALWAYS have helmet contact. The purpose of the targeting rule was to prevent guys from using their helmets as weapons, and to eliminate head hunting, which I agree with; but, if a player is coming as a defender to break up a pass, and he leads w his shoulders which causes incidental helmet contact to happen, that should not be a plenty. That’s a part of the game. No one complains about a RB lowering his helmet to initiate contact, do they? Ur comment was on players learning to tackle, yet u didn’t say chit about WRs & RBs literally using their helmets as battering rams to get extra yards. Normally ppl don’t, b/c they chop it up to “reactive reflexes.”

So I don’t wanna hear chit about “players needing to learn how to tackle or it’s not smart using ur helmet.” Football is a CONTACT SPORT that will include arms, shoulders, legs, and unfortunately heads, and everyone know that since they first put on a uniform.
Nope I haven't played football. I totally agree re: offensive players, think targeting should go both ways more often. I agree that if defender leads w/ shoulder there should be more leeway. Did not look like ND defensive player led with his shoulder, but w/ his helmet. Head trauma is head trauma so yeah it's not smart using your helmet, I don't think anyone would disagree with that. Same w/ gym wars and fighters. Don't think you and I are saying much different outside of the fact you think the ND guy led with his shoulder. Not sure why you coming like that but do you man

Advertisement
Back