Notre Dame v. UNC

So I don’t wanna hear chit about “players needing to learn how to tackle or it’s not smart using ur helmet.” Football is a CONTACT SPORT that will include arms, shoulders, legs, and unfortunately heads, and everyone know that since they first put on a uniform.
Also, since one of the team's captains has been thrown out of numerous games this year for targeting, I feel like it's pretty clear some people need to learn how to tackle or tackle differently, however you want to phrase it. Doubt things revert to how they used to be so people got to adapt for better or worse

Advertisement
UNC scored 3 points in the second quarter and 0 points in the second half. Great start, but nothing from their offense after that. I didn’t understand why they went away from the things that worked, and failed to adjust to what ND was doing on defense. Hopefully, UNC will play like this against the Canes, so the Canes can get a comfortable win.

If you have ever contributed or enjoyed a “… Tears” thread, then you may want to look away. Avert your eyes from what you’re about to read next. Not trying to troll, but …

I’m rooting for Florida to win out and beat Alabama in the SEC championship game and then get destroyed in the first round of CFP by Clemson.

That is the only way to keep a one-loss Independent Indiana Team out of CFP after Clemson tears them a new one.

Oregon can win the rest of their schedule by 5 TDs and they won’t get in undefeated over a 1-loss IIT.

“if their clicking and fair ref play”

went right over your head
Such a lazy take. No **** an Offense that is clicking is difficult to stop. Same can be said about a Defense that is “clicking” or getting “fair ref play” whatever that means.

Teams need Defense. Not everyone has a historical Offense like LSU last year.

Including this year, in the last ten years under Kelly, Notre Dame has an 82% winning percentage (including vacated season) against the ACC (41/50)

Against the big ten (play Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan a state, northwestern, Purdue) 62% (13/21)
Against the SEC (very small sample size) (40% 2/5)
Pac ten 55% but play Stanford, USC mainly (12/22)
Big 12-very small sample size (60% 3/5)

i think Clemson beats them in a rematch but under Kelly they have basically owned this conference.

As mentioned above we have a blueprint for UNC’s offense. Baker and Diaz should be able to slow them down and score on their crappy defense.

Advertisement
Also, since one of the team's captains has been thrown out of numerous games this year for targeting, I feel like it's pretty clear some people need to learn how to tackle or tackle differently, however you want to phrase it. Doubt things revert to how they used to be so people got to adapt for better or worse
I agree w what u r saying. My apologies if I came off aggressive; but I feel there’s been an agenda against FB for a while. One of my frat brothers works closely w the great Jim Brown, and I’ve had the pleasure to pick his brain a while ago. The fact is more players suffer from lower extremity injuries than head injuries. QBs are protected at the top & bottom, yet no other position is protected in such a manner. How many ACL, lower body injuries do you see v. head injuries?

Now, again, using ur helmet as a weapon, both offensively & defensively has no place in the game, but helmet contact is going to happen, if not to the head when attacking the shoulder chest area, then to the knees.

All I’m saying is that if a player makes contact w his shoulder first & b/c of whip, helmet contact comes to play, that shouldn’t be targeting. If a player launches a forearm to the head, neck, or helmet into any of part of the body, call that chit all day.

With the advance of frame by frame slow mo replay, it’s much easier to examine to see if a player leads w their shoulder pad or not. I also agree w/ giving a WR an opportunity to catch & turn around to brace for a hit v. completely blowing him up blind sided. I’m just saying the game is becoming too soft, and it’s ONLY scrutinized at the collegiate & professional level. I see guys getting completely annihilated at the high school level w no repercussions. If anything, they are praised.

Including this year, in the last ten years under Kelly, Notre Dame has an 82% winning percentage (including vacated season) against the ACC (41/50)

Against the big ten (play Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan a state, northwestern, Purdue) 62% (13/21)
Against the SEC (very small sample size) (40% 2/5)
Pac ten 55% but play Stanford, USC mainly (12/22)
Big 12-very small sample size (60% 3/5)

i think Clemson beats them in a rematch but under Kelly they have basically owned this conference.

As mentioned above we have a blueprint for UNC’s offense. Baker and Diaz should be able to slow them down and score on their crappy defense.
ACC Sucks. Simple.

Such a lazy take. No **** an Offense that is clicking is difficult to stop. Same can be said about a Defense that is “clicking” or getting “fair ref play” whatever that means.

Teams need Defense. Not everyone has a historical Offense like LSU last year.
Sorry you are a mouth breather who can’t read past the first sentence.

Advertisement
I wouldn't say that about all fan base but I get it. UNC ain't SQUAT. WE CONTROL OUR DESTINY

Advertisement
I said in another thread that UNC couldn't keep up with ND. UNC has talent but are not ready for big games. Prime example... the lost to FSU

ACC Sucks. Simple.

It also helps that Notre Dame gets treated like royalty by the ACC.

When making the modified schedule, why wouldn't the ACC set up Miami-Notre Dame and UNC-Clemson instead of how they did it? Miami and Notre Dame is a historic rivalry, UNC-Clemson would do better regionally. Instead they give ND a home game vs Clemson and avoided scheduling ND vs Miami. And even if ND had lost to Clemson- since they got a home game they were far more likely to play them closer than Miami on the road. Why not make it fair and have both ND and Miami play road games at Clemson? The whole setup, including all the tiebreakers scenario, was designed with ND in mind. The biggest question is why would the acc let a team that refuses to join the conference play in the acc championship game?

How strange that the other conferences are still sticking with divisions, but the ACC is the only one going with two best records including a non conference team.

If this is a normal non-Covid season, Miami is almost certainly undefeated right now with a chance of rolling into the acc championship game ranked about where ND is. But because the acc gives ND anything it asks for, a 1 loss Miami team (with the only loss to a healthy Clemson on the road) is going to be on the outside looking in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
UNC scored 3 points in the second quarter and 0 points in the second half. Great start, but nothing from their offense after that. I didn’t understand why they went away from the things that worked, and failed to adjust to what ND was doing on defense. Hopefully, UNC will play like this against the Canes, so the Canes can get a comfortable win.
It could... if we had a better D and Baker was still at LA Tech. ND might have the best D in the country

UNC picks apart defenses like Baker calls. The only way we win that game is to score 50 or hope Manny and Baker come up with a game plan that doesn’t involve 7 yard cushions and safety blitzes from Tampa.

There is zero excuse for not at least slowing them down. It will be a telling game IMO.

I agree w what u r saying. My apologies if I came off aggressive; but I feel there’s been an agenda against FB for a while. One of my frat brothers works closely w the great Jim Brown, and I’ve had the pleasure to pick his brain a while ago. The fact is more players suffer from lower extremity injuries than head injuries. QBs are protected at the top & bottom, yet no other position is protected in such a manner. How many ACL, lower body injuries do you see v. head injuries?

Now, again, using ur helmet as a weapon, both offensively & defensively has no place in the game, but helmet contact is going to happen, if not to the head when attacking the shoulder chest area, then to the knees.

All I’m saying is that if a player makes contact w his shoulder first & b/c of whip, helmet contact comes to play, that shouldn’t be targeting. If a player launches a forearm to the head, neck, or helmet into any of part of the body, call that chit all day.

With the advance of frame by frame slow mo replay, it’s much easier to examine to see if a player leads w their shoulder pad or not. I also agree w/ giving a WR an opportunity to catch & turn around to brace for a hit v. completely blowing him up blind sided. I’m just saying the game is becoming too soft, and it’s ONLY scrutinized at the collegiate & professional level. I see guys getting completely annihilated at the high school level w no repercussions. If anything, they are praised.
I'm sure that was an interesting convo. And I feel you on that

UNC picks apart defenses like Baker calls. The only way we win that game is to score 50 or hope Manny and Baker come up with a game plan that doesn’t involve 7 yard cushions and safety blitzes from Tampa.

There is zero excuse for not at least slowing them down. It will be a telling game IMO.

Yeah they really picked apart FSU.

Advertisement
Back