Notre Dame Makes “Golden” Hire at DC

Advertisement
I don't hate any of our previous coaches. Outside of Richt, none of them should have been hired in the first place and it's not their fault for being given a job they didn't deserve.

Manny was willing to make hard decisions and make the necessary changes, golden was not. For that reason alone I'll always have more respect for Manny than for Golden. Not to mention, Manny's defense following golden's was completely night and day

Dude rebuilt his image after the **** show at Miami props to that dude.
Yeah, I'm all for older dudes like myself, being able to learn, adapt and get better. Now, if he hires Donuts to do ANYTHING on his D staff, then he probably hasn't learned anything.

Dusting off my old Pillars trapper keeper. Honestly good for him, UM had a lot of problems past 20 years, some were his doing some were not.

Advertisement
We were freaking out about how long Cristobal took to get coordinators but imagine waiting THIS long.....and waking up today to WEfense 2.0.

Almost would make ya want to choke to death on a cheeseburger if you're a godforsaken Golden Domer.

(Not to mention your golden boy alum OC already exploring options to get the **** out of there too)

I really don't care who hires him or how he does wherever he goes as long as we win whenever we meet.

Advertisement
Their decision to hire Freeman is looking like ours to hire Diaz. An unprepared AD making the easy hire because he wasnt ready to do a search.

Freeman is a great recruiter, but definitely seems like having his 1st HC job be ND is a bigger challenge than he was ready for

Guy has been coaching and learning at the highest level for years now.

He’ll probably have success.

Crazy we are 7 years removed from the Al Golden experience. Al just didn't fit South Florida and is a much better fit up north. I could see him having success at ND especially with Freeman leading the defense too.
Because of a geographical location?

Advertisement
I just find it almost unbelievable that 3 former UM head coaches have gone on to Defensive Coordinator jobs at the following:

1) the Gator

2) Penn State

3) Notre Dame

Three of the absolute most vile teams from a Canes perspective. It’s amazing.

Still holding out hope that D’Onofrio will land the DC position at Ohio State* at some point.

Notre Dame will be announcing a new turnover gimmick...

1644942739780.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back