Notre Dame Makes “Golden” Hire at DC

Crazy we are 7 years removed from the Al Golden experience. Al just didn't fit South Florida and is a much better fit up north. I could see him having success at ND especially with Freeman leading the defense too.

Advertisement
Yall were crowning Freeman, I told u he was over rated as ****. I not saying he'd be worse than Manny but atleast Manny had multiple years of P5 experience as a coordinator.

It looks like Kelly really caught ND flat footed and they just scrambled to hire ppl.

I mean not a bad move for Golden at all. Little to no chance Freeman let's anyone run a defense that doesn't have his fingerprints all over it which by default may make Golden look halfway decent
This.

Freeman wasn’t willing to hire anyone not interested in keeping his defense and terminology as the base. He didn’t want to start all over every time he changes DC.

So, this is almost a no lose position for Golden. Do well, get the credit. Don’t do well, Freeman gets the blame.

Yall were crowning Freeman, I told u he was over rated as ****. I not saying he'd be worse than Manny but atleast Manny had multiple years of P5 experience as a coordinator.

It looks like Kelly really caught ND flat footed and they just scrambled to hire ppl.

I heard the players really like him. Sound familiar??

Advertisement
Oh, and not sure why I forgot about this, but how he treated Malcolm Lewis when he broke his leg

bcmgv.jpg
Was at that game. Looked horrible in real game speed.

Was worse when I finally saw the video.

Really proud of way he came back from that injury.

Good move for him and Notre dame. Freeman will be running that show and Golden should help them in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.

Not a fan of the guy because of his time here…but I think he’ll do well there and probably parlay it into another HC gig at an AAC school.

Advertisement
good for Notre Dame, Al is a great recruiter in the north east don’t know what kind of defense he will run but i wish him the best, with all that being said please let us schedule ND and Penn state for future games 🙌🏾🙌🏾😭

Advertisement
Advertisement
This.

Freeman wasn’t willing to hire anyone not interested in keeping his defense and terminology as the base. He didn’t want to start all over every time he changes DC.

So, this is almost a no lose position for Golden. Do well, get the credit. Don’t do well, Freeman gets the blame.
This is what i heard from an ND guy I know. golden will be running freeman's defense.

Dude rebuilt his image after the **** show at Miami props to that dude.
Yeah I mean all jokes aside but we talk about how Mario wasn’t ready but now he is

Not only was Golden over his head from an experience standpoint, but the cloud **** was real. He was definitely sacrificed a bit (though he didn’t help himself)

Pretty wild

Advertisement
Back