Note on Jeff Thomas Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Bingo. Richt is nearing retirement, and these young men have yet to earn a dime. Let me guess, Richt would tell them that bank accounts collect dust as well as rings. I don't see him taking a pay cut or letting go of play calling duties in order to help these young men achieve their goals. You know, the same **** goals HE had when he was 20 years old.

Remember, this is the same **** Mark Richt that almost transferred away from UM because of playing time. He needs to remember what it's like to be 20 years old and wanting to make plays. By the way, Richt never deserved to play here, because he wasn't any good. Jeff Thomas, on the other hand, is the most explosive player on the team. He actually has a gripe. Richt never did.
Bingo. Richt is nearing retirement, and these young men have yet to earn a dime. Let me guess, Richt would tell them that bank accounts collect dust as well as rings. I don't see him taking a pay cut or letting go of play calling duties in order to help these young men achieve their goals. You know, the same **** goals HE had when he was 20 years old.

Remember, this is the same **** Mark Richt that almost transferred away from UM because of playing time. He needs to remember what it's like to be 20 years old and wanting to make plays. By the way, Richt never deserved to play here, because he wasn't any good. Jeff Thomas, on the other hand, is the most explosive player on the team. He actually has a gripe. Richt never did.

Jeff tried to quit last year. After being a break out star and winning 10 games last year, as a freshman, instead of being humble in the slightest, he tried to quit the team. Comes back this year and is a Diva. Y'all really want to push this agenda that Richt doesn't care about winning lmao

Jeff tried to quit last year. After being a break out star and winning 10 games last year, as a freshman, instead of being humble in the slightest, he tried to quit the team. Comes back this year and is a Diva. Y'all really want to push this agenda that Richt doesn't care about winning lmao
Go away, Mrs. Richt.

Also nice spinzone by Richt by publically saying he is "dismissing" Thomas. He was never coming back. Ol Morky trying to save face when we all can smell the stink surrounding dong the program.

Believe or not. I expect to see a few more players QUITTING ( Specifically offensive players. ) on the program after the season ends. Err... I mean transferring out.

Advertisement
Great post. Don’t blame JT at all. Good for him. This is someones future on the line here & people on this board are too dumb to realize it. He’s a first rounder at a place like Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Alabama, Ohio State etc.

Also nice spinzone by Richt by publically saying he is "dismissing" Thomas. He was never coming back. Ol Morky trying to save face when we all can smell the stink surrounding dong the program.

He's actually helping Jeff by publicly reporting that he's dismissed instead of announcing that he quit the team. Being dismissed and then being a star somewhere else is a lot better on your draft stock than it being publicized that he quit the team when the season is almost over.

i am not sure on whole story? seems like a lot of discord around team in general.
CMR needs to take a hard look at every facet of program including himself and his role in program.
Live in Atl. and CMR has never had to face an aggressive in your face press like the group in S.Fla
he is struggling and the team along with it and is JT4 part of problem or right for bringing issues to
the table. lost season , poor recruiting year seem to make the current regime looking very bad
and future not so bright..............

Lmao. I bet most of y'all people defending Jeff Thomas are the same ones crying about "south florida diva's are entitled". This the ******* reason right here. "oh he would be a 1st round pick anywhere else" Ereck ******* Flowers was a 1st round pick here. Phillip Dorsett was a first round pick just from being fast. Yall really think Miami held this dude back? gtfo. Dude took his ball and went home and y'all sitting here showing heavy support for a **** quitter who ain't want to stick through his commitment. Go suck on McFArlands nuts too for backing down on his silent commit to us on the 12th hour "because he would be better off somewhere else". Nobody knows what went down in the locker room and on the practice field. I'm not gonna disrespect who he is but empowering someone who literally quit is the last thing I'll ever agree with.

Advertisement
He did the same thing in high school.

I agree that our offense is a disaster and Richt is to blame. But this is something we've all been worried about since JT4 signed.

Part of Richt's job is to manage his players. Seems like he does not do that very well.

Let's see what kind of exodus there is after the season.

This type of nonsense doesn't happen to Butch Da Gawd teams but choir boy Richt is softer than baby dookie.

Advertisement
Lol Thomas isn’t Rosa Parks here taking a stand and doing what’s good, he’s more of that lazy *** talented brother who doesnt give a bleep about anything. He only stands up and doesn’t care because that’s how he’s survived. Doesn’t cut it in the real world, anyone of you who run a company or are management would fire anyone that acts like this kid most of the time.

I’m all about complaining about how Richt is doing a crappy job with almost everything at Miami but this isn’t one of the reasons. Thomas was our most talented WR who is also our biggest knucklehead

Advertisement
Would love to hear from Dugans. Not when he has to coach speak. Just want to hear what he thinks.

Lol Thomas isn’t Rosa Parks here taking a stand and doing what’s good, he’s more of that lazy *** talented brother who doesnt give a bleep about anything. He only stands up and doesn’t care because that’s how he’s survived. Doesn’t cut it in the real world, anyone of you who run a company or are management would fire anyone that acts like this kid most of the time.

I’m all about complaining about how Richt is doing a crappy job with almost everything at Miami but this isn’t one of the reasons. Thomas was our most talented WR who is also our biggest knucklehead

And this is why stacking talent matters.

When kids know they can’t be replaced, they will sometimes take advantage of the situation.

Teams that have talent competing can use that threat to keep the others on task.

Sounds like Thomas knows he’s the show. Also sounds like being the show of the 103rd ranked passing offense doesn’t sit well with him.

I see a lot of you guys blaming Thomas and calling him a quitter and worse. It appears some of you are under the impression this happened in just the past couple days and Thomas quit on the team.

The truth is this has been going on for months by many players and Thomas is the only one with the guts to speak out and do something about the coach and cultural problem that we have at Miami.

If you asked Mark Richt how important winning is for his life it would be pretty far down on the list. Even his ego (comment about his plays working for 30 years proves that) outweighs his desire to win. When you lose a game and say things like we can still reach our goal of winning the coastal rather than being ticked off and apologizing (I cant stand Tebow or the Gators, but that type of emotion after he lost the year he made the speech is what i expect from each of the players and that all starts with the HC).

When you are a competitor that wants to win at all costs, but have a coach and a culture that does not adapt and keeps doing the same 6 plays throughout the whole game, keeps a 5th year senior at Qb who cant throw farther than 5 yards, and has an inexperienced QB coach solely because he is your son, you lose it. Not only is it holding Thomas back from winning but also his future and NFL stock.

Say what you want about Thomas being a quitter, but think what competitors like Kobe, Jordan, or Reed would do with this coaching staff. Thomas didnt quit he spoke out against the coaches and kept doing it. He saw Richt week after week being too stubborn to change and blaming players rather than himself. They are comfortable with losing and the assistants are a bunch of yes men. If the coaches dont care why should he?

This is the same thing that happened with Butler in Minnesota. Wiggins and KAT where not fierce competitors and did not want to win at all costs, when he went to Philly he was all smiles because he was with people that had that drive. Without that drive you are just wasting his time and will never be champion.

Amen!!

Why is so difficult for people to see this just the tip of what is going on on Gables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back