Note on Jeff Thomas Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnytsunami01

Sophomore
I see a lot of you guys blaming Thomas and calling him a quitter and worse. It appears some of you are under the impression this happened in just the past couple days and Thomas quit on the team.

The truth is this has been going on for months by many players and Thomas is the only one with the guts to speak out and do something about the coach and cultural problem that we have at Miami.

If you asked Mark Richt how important winning is for his life it would be pretty far down on the list. Even his ego (comment about his plays working for 30 years proves that) outweighs his desire to win. When you lose a game and say things like we can still reach our goal of winning the coastal rather than being ticked off and apologizing (I cant stand Tebow or the Gators, but that type of emotion after he lost the year he made the speech is what i expect from each of the players and that all starts with the HC).

When you are a competitor that wants to win at all costs, but have a coach and a culture that does not adapt and keeps doing the same 6 plays throughout the whole game, keeps a 5th year senior at Qb who cant throw farther than 5 yards, and has an inexperienced QB coach solely because he is your son, you lose it. Not only is it holding Thomas back from winning but also his future and NFL stock.

Say what you want about Thomas being a quitter, but think what competitors like Kobe, Jordan, or Reed would do with this coaching staff. Thomas didnt quit he spoke out against the coaches and kept doing it. He saw Richt week after week being too stubborn to change and blaming players rather than himself. They are comfortable with losing and the assistants are a bunch of yes men. If the coaches dont care why should he?

This is the same thing that happened with Butler in Minnesota. Wiggins and KAT where not fierce competitors and did not want to win at all costs, when he went to Philly he was all smiles because he was with people that had that drive. Without that drive you are just wasting his time and will never be champion.

Advertisement
I see a lot of you guys blaming Thomas and calling him a quitter and worse. It appears some of you are under the impression this happened in just the past couple days and Thomas quit on the team.

The truth is this has been going on for months by many players and Thomas is the only one with the guts to speak out and do something about the coach and cultural problem that we have at Miami.

If you asked Mark Richt how important winning is for his life it would be pretty far down on the list. Even his ego (comment about his plays working for 30 years proves that) outweighs his desire to win. When you lose a game and say things like we can still reach our goal of winning the coastal rather than being ticked off and apologizing (I cant stand Tebow or the Gators, but that type of emotion after he lost the year he made the speech is what i expect from each of the players and that all starts with the HC).

When you are a competitor that wants to win at all costs, but have a coach and a culture that does not adapt and keeps doing the same 6 plays throughout the whole game, keeps a 5th year senior at Qb who cant throw farther than 5 yards, and has an inexperienced QB coach solely because he is your son, you lose it. Not only is it holding Thomas back from winning but also his future and NFL stock.

Say what you want about Thomas being a quitter, but think what competitors like Kobe, Jordan, or Reed would do with this coaching staff. Thomas didnt quit he spoke out against the coaches and kept doing it. He saw Richt week after week being too stubborn to change and blaming players rather than himself. They are comfortable with losing and the assistants are a bunch of yes men. If the coaches dont care why should he?

This is the same thing that happened with Butler in Minnesota. Wiggins and KAT where not fierce competitors and did not want to win at all costs, when he went to Philly he was all smiles because he was with people that had that drive. Without that drive you are just wasting his time and will never be champion.

so was he a competitor when he quit in HS? there's a diff between showing emotion and quitting on your team.

Advertisement

do you know this to be fact, or are you just talking out of your ***?

Advertisement
I agree with what you’re saying about Richt but I think you’re giving Thomas too much credit. He quit on his high school team and wanted to transfer (allegedly) last year in the midst of a good season. Dude just seems to have a problem with authority

I think you got it twisted. I think Jeff's feud with the coaches was a selfish thing not some calling out the culture thing like you said. But I do think its still an indictment on the coaching staff that we're at the point where players feel like how jeff feels. If Richt was doing what he claims he's trying to do then we wouldnt be in this situation.

BULLS EYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And for that I salute U!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
bro i agree 100%. Corch is fine, he is getting his 4mill enjoying his retirement in South Fl with his wife. These kids have goals to meet. when you are counting on a clown to help you get to those goals you are going to snap.
Bingo. Richt is nearing retirement, and these young men have yet to earn a dime. Let me guess, Richt would tell them that bank accounts collect dust as well as rings. I don't see him taking a pay cut or letting go of play calling duties in order to help these young men achieve their goals. You know, the same **** goals HE had when he was 20 years old.

Remember, this is the same **** Mark Richt that almost transferred away from UM because of playing time. He needs to remember what it's like to be 20 years old and wanting to make plays. By the way, Richt never deserved to play here, because he wasn't any good. Jeff Thomas, on the other hand, is the most explosive player on the team. He actually has a gripe. Richt never did.

Advertisement
lo
I agree with what you’re saying about Richt but I think you’re giving Thomas too much credit. He quit on his high school team and wanted to transfer (allegedly) last year in the midst of a good season. Dude just seems to have a problem with authority

way too much credit. go watch the dam doc on him before posting this nonsense

This jibes with everything I've been hearing since AR went HAM on Malweak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back