Not so positive news

Advertisement
If this injury doesn’t happen we’d be having a different conversation , we brought in brown for a reason, I hinted at why when we took a second back. And cam wasn’t the best rb after the half way point. There’s a reason Chaney started taking his snaps and he got butt hurt about it.

Fact is Don showed up as a Fr with no off-season training , rehabbing after surgery and still was getting big boy snaps. It’s actually pretty crazy he did that without any offseason. People forget this.
man people are sleep. Don is the real deal. everytime I see him I see Willis. hope he can stay healthy. its way too early to call him prone

Think about it. The guy we might have kicked to the curb is still an absolute beast.

This is a good problem to have.

Advertisement
Yeah, Bobby and a couple thousand other Portal Geniuses haven't yet found a home.

Shocking.

I don't blame the kids for this one. Everyone was saying the NCAA was going to increase team & class caps to allow for portal kids. They were supposed to come out with that ruling in Jan/Feb.

I don't blame the kids for this one. Everyone was saying the NCAA was going to increase team & class caps to allow for portal kids. They were supposed to come out with that ruling in Jan/Feb.

I understand. But they didn't (and the NCAA has been GREAT at putting off rule-making).

More kids should have stayed put through the spring semester.

Advertisement
LOL I just said that and it has forced him out of a game

That was one game. It doesn’t sound like injury prone to me. My point is, if you play football you are injured all the time, or hurt all the time. It’s whether you can play or not that makes a difference. If your running back misses half a game like he did, considering his running style, that’s not bad.

I mentioned in my nuggets post Don only played two snaps and left for precautionary reasons. Well it’s been brought to my attention somebody ran with that and did some digging. So I’ll just say he’s out with a shoulder injury , (not the shoulder from last year) and will not play Saturday. His spring is over.
**** hope it’s not a long term injury

Advertisement
If this injury doesn’t happen we’d be having a different conversation , we brought in brown for a reason, I hinted at why when we took a second back. And cam wasn’t the best rb after the half way point. There’s a reason Chaney started taking his snaps and he got butt hurt about it.

Fact is Don showed up as a Fr with no off-season training , rehabbing after surgery and still was getting big boy snaps. It’s actually pretty crazy he did that without any offseason. People forget this.
At least he got almost all of the spring minus the game. I’m just gonna try to look on the bright side haha

Has he announced where hes going? Will always pull for that kid. Handled himself well despite being buried on the depth chart
He hasn’t yet. Most of the kids are still in the portal because they can’t enroll anywhere until summer semester to count towards 2022 initial counters.

Advertisement
He hasn’t yet. Most of the kids are still in the portal because they can’t enroll anywhere until summer semester to count towards 2022 initial counters.
The portal is a mess and the NCAA is just leaving those kids hanging. It's BS, they could've made a decision months ago.

The portal is a mess and the NCAA is just leaving those kids hanging. It's BS, they could've made a decision months ago.
The rules regarding transfers haven’t changed besides no longer having to sit out one year. A lot of people assumed they’d make a change regarding initial counters to reflect guys transferring out but they haven’t done anything yet. If you entered the portal before they actually made a decision, that’s on you. I feel like a lot of these guys are going to learn the hard way that schools don’t want to use one of their limited counters on a kid who will only be there for a year. The high end guys will always find somewhere to play but a lot of these career backup type of players may find that the grass isn’t greener.

That was one game. It doesn’t sound like injury prone to me. My point is, if you play football you are injured all the time, or hurt all the time. It’s whether you can play or not that makes a difference. If your running back misses half a game like he did, considering his running style, that’s not bad.

Dude all you have to do is google Don Chaney Jr injury and there's your first page.

He's had ankle and shoulder injuries since HS.

Screenshot_20210414-200003.png

Before his first shoulder injury.

I'm not saying his shoulder won't heal and he'll be good to go/play through pain but thinking he's injury prone isn't ridiculous.

Advertisement
Back