Not so positive news

How many posters will still ***** about Don not getting time in the scrimmage on Saturday?

You know it is coming....

Season 5 Yes GIF by Paramount+

Advertisement
Get him healed up for fall camp. Never a good thing to have such a talented guy go down but at least it our deepest position.

Advertisement
Thanks god for Cam Harris! The Don Chaney hype to this point is pretty unfounded imo.

Spring is essentially over though, right? Other than one practice and the spring game? Anyway, shoulder injuries can nag and become repetitive. Hope he can get healthy and be ready for fall camp!

Thanks god for Cam Harris! The Don Chaney hype to this point is pretty unfounded imo.

Don Chaney hype is real enough that the Cam Harris transfer rumors grew some legs. If Chaney's back taking first-team reps heading into Bama, Harris is going to have a hard decision on his hands. The fact the NCAA hasn't addressed the portal scholarship issue may have been our saving grace up to now.

Advertisement
I worry about the shoulder problem because he already had an injury to the other shoulder. One can't help but wonder if his shoulders are meant for the pounding they will receive with him playing RB. Maybe it's just a coincidence and I hope it is.

I’m not so sure it’s a structural problem more than it is that he’s a tough pounder, he’s one of those lower your shoulder type guys. I’m assuming it’s a shoulder separation, and those are mechanical injuries usually. I’m no orthopedic surgeon, but I’ve never heard of someone having a predisposition to shoulder injuries just from a physical structure type problem. Maybe we have an orthopedic surgeon here that can elaborate.

Don Chaney hype is real enough that the Cam Harris transfer rumors grew some legs. If Chaney's back taking first-team reps heading into Bama, Harris is going to have a hard decision on his hands. The fact the NCAA hasn't addressed the portal scholarship issue may have been our saving grace up to now.
Anyone that’s watched practices would tell you Don is just different. That’s how I know a certain rivals reporter knows absolutely nothing about the program. If that guy were a horse, he’d had a bullet put in him and would be in a dog food dish as I type this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not so sure it’s a structural problem more than it is that he’s a tough pounder, he’s one of those lower your shoulder type guys. I’m assuming it’s a shoulder separation, and those are mechanical injuries usually. I’m no orthopedic surgeon, but I’ve never heard of someone having a predisposition to shoulder injuries just from a physical structure type problem. Maybe we have an orthopedic surgeon here that can elaborate.

Once upon a time...I remember being told (by someone with medical expertise) that one of our running back recruits had a terrible situation with some prior injuries that had not yet healed correctly, and that Miami was likely to back off of recruiting him because of his physical limitations.

Can someone tell me whatever happened to Lamar Miller?

My thought is also that Chaney's running style lends itself to the type of injuries he is experiencing. Which begs the question of whether he needs to alter his style.

Once upon a time...I remember being told (by someone with medical expertise) that one of our running back recruits had a terrible situation with some prior injuries that had not yet healed correctly, and that Miami was likely to back off of recruiting him because of his physical limitations.

Can someone tell me whatever happened to Lamar Miller?

I don’t remember with too much specificity Lamar’s injuries.

I think one thing is true, although like I said I’m not an orthopedic surgeon, but if you injure a shoulder once or twice, it’s possible that you may weaken the joint and it may make you more likely to have further injuries. Who knows.

I was just trying to say that unless there’s kind some kind of congenital defect that I’m not aware of, there should not be a physical predisposition to shoulder injuries.

Advertisement
I agree. It may very well be his running style that’s leading to shoulder issues. Lowering a shoulder to deliver a blow would certainly add some stress to those joints. Learning how to or not use a shoulder is probably something he can learn to help avoid future injuries.

I don’t remember with too much specificity Lamar’s injuries.

I think one thing is true, although like I said I’m not an orthopedic surgeon, but if you injure a shoulder once or twice, it’s possible that you may weaken the joint and it may make you more likely to have further injuries. Who knows.

I was just trying to say that unless there’s kind some kind of congenital defect that I’m not aware of, there should not be a physical predisposition to shoulder injuries.
If he had bad habits in the gym, he could have showed up here with bad shoulders.

My thought is also that Chaney's running style lends itself to the type of injuries he is experiencing. Which begs the question of whether he needs to alter his style.
I was an RB and can’t recall one time lowering one shoulder to deliver a blow or to bulldoze a would be tackler. I would keep my head up, lower both shoulders, wrap both arms around the ball, and run through and over a tackler. I believe this is a technique that can be taught and learned fairly easy.

Advertisement
Back