Not so positive news

Advertisement
Not worried. Chaney will get his time to shine. He’s obviously the most physically gifted back. That being said, we’ve got Harris who’s a pretty complete back. He was going to be the bell cow all along. Add in the shifty Knighton. Then we’ve got two grown man child bruisers coming this fall. The RB room is the least of our worries. Don needs to take his time to get right.

Advertisement
This is why in that one thread when they asked 3 freshman we could use in spring and I said Chad Brown. We could use Thad Franklin as well. RB is a tough position. The Don will play this fall, but we can never not have enough RBs. Less wear and tear.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I mentioned in my nuggets post Don only played two snaps and left for precautionary reasons. Well it’s been brought to my attention somebody ran with that and did some digging. So I’ll just say he’s out with a shoulder injury , not the shoulder from last year and will not play Saturday. His spring is over.
Sucks.. but he's a young buck and plenty time to heal. Sieze the moment, Knighton.

Advertisement
It’s good we have NFL talent level depth at RB and don’t have to run our best RB into the ground like USCe did with Marcus Lattimore.

This would be alarming if Cody Brown wasn't signed.

A good chunk of the board thought he's too slow and a waste of a scholarship. There's a non-zero chance he plays a significant role this year.
Nah that was just a few mopes. Most everyone who watched his tape is excited about him coming in.

Advertisement
Not worried. Chaney will get his time to shine. He’s obviously the most physically gifted back. That being said, we’ve got Harris who’s a pretty complete back. He was going to be the bell cow all along. Add in the shifty Knighton. Then we’ve got two grown man child bruisers coming this fall. The RB room is the least of our worries. Don needs to take his time to get right.
Chaney will be back by fall and will be the starter game 1.

I worry about the shoulder problem because he already had an injury to the other shoulder. One can't help but wonder if his shoulders are meant for the pounding they will receive with him playing RB. Maybe it's just a coincidence and I hope it is.

Advertisement
Back