Not exactly glowing words about Allison from Richt

Advertisement
Pete said Kaaya was the previous staff guy 3 years ago and now he's saying perry is this staffs guy I'm rolling with Pete.

You do realize that Richt was talking about where Allison was at the beginning of the year and not where he is now? I read that as him pitching to recruits that they will have the opportunity, in Jack's case, he was not ready at the time.

I have no idea how far he has come since, if he will progress by the start of next season or how he compares to the other QBs, but I think it's important to realize what Richt was talking about .

Shirreffs, Richt said, “does a really good job of learning what to do and taking it from the meeting room to the practice field. He’s very consistent in what he does. He’ll definitely be in the race.”

Watch out now! Coaches love consistency.

He gone consistently sit his *** on that bench.

Why all the hate for Shirreffs? He's the biggest QB, smartest QB, and very athletic. He's no scrub.

Advertisement
The trend in college football is too find an athletic dual threat QB and start him early.

Deandre Francois
Deshaun Watson
Jalen Hurts
Lamar Jackson

Brad Kayaa rushed for -136 yards this year and was sacked 25 times.

You cannot win with that.

Nkosi Perry is just as good of a prospect as those guys.

The trend in college football is too find an athletic dual threat QB and start him early.

Deandre Francois
Deshaun Watson
Jalen Hurts
Lamar Jackson

Brad Kayaa rushed for -136 yards this year and was sacked 25 times.

You cannot win with that.

Nkosi Perry is just as good of a prospect as those guys.

We may need to pump the brakes on Perry until we see him at Camp, and how he handles Spring prep. Proof is in performance not speculation.

Advertisement
Don't sleep on Sherrifs.

Charles-Barkley-Falling-Asleep-Inside-the-NBA.gif

This was the most interesting comment to me:

“The thing is, when you play with a veteran quarterback when you’re a freshman, you might not have a veteran quarterback when it means the most to you in your career,” he said.

“More than likely, there’s a good chance that whoever gets the job can grow with whoever comes in as a receiver.”

Read into that what you will.

Advertisement
He made it clear that Allison, last year’s top recruit, “had every opportunity” to win the backup job last year in camp and didn’t.

“We weren’t going to sit here and say, ‘He’s trying to beat out Brad,’ because that’s not a realistic thing to say,” Richt said. “But there was a battle for second team, and he was in town. … It’s been a full year now. He knows a lot more about the system, and he knows there’s a lot more at stake. I’m expecting him to compete.”

Mark Richt reviews 2016, previews Miami Hurricanes’ QB battle, recruiting | Canes Watch

did u listen to some of his joe rose interviews? he clearly wasnt blown away by brad either. you ever see the qb's this guy has coached? he has high expections.

CIS setting Perry up to gag out on a giganto **** sandwich. How many freshmans QBs have come in 3 months before the season started and had major success?

Unless he's an absolute QB savant who can learn an offense in no time we won't see him starting the season as the guy. He's not a good enough runner like Jackson or Hurts to just throw him out there to play scramble ball.

You're basically looking to give away a few games if you start this guy game 1.

I think this might be his way of making the program take a 180 from Golden. Golden was "it starts with me" coach and Richt is saying "no you guys didnt show up to play and thats on you."

Advertisement

“The thing is, when you play with a veteran quarterback when you’re a freshman, you might not have a veteran quarterback when it means the most to you in your career,” he said.

“More than likely, there’s a good chance that whoever gets the job can grow with whoever comes in as a receiver.”

We getting Jeudy.

I'll read into it that he was specifically talking about the loss of Kaaya who would have only played with new WRs for 1 year max.

A QB competition between three highly rated, highly skilled QB's should bode well for us next year, no? I'm not expecting that much of a drop off next year from Kaayak to the winner.

Next year will be fun.

Advertisement
Back