Not exactly glowing words about Allison from Richt

This was the most interesting comment to me:

“The thing is, when you play with a veteran quarterback when you’re a freshman, you might not have a veteran quarterback when it means the most to you in your career,” he said.

“More than likely, there’s a good chance that whoever gets the job can grow with whoever comes in as a receiver.”

Read into that what you will.
I'll read into it that he was specifically talking about the loss of Kaaya who would have only played with new WRs for 1 year max.

Then why would he say "More than likely, there's a good chance that whoever gets the job can grow with whoever comes in as a receiver"? That assumes that a veteran could win the job, and Rosier's the most veteran guy.

If he was just talking about losing Kaaya, he would've said "Whoever gets the job can grow with whoever comes in as a receiver."

You're ascribing way too much strategizing into a simple answer. Whoever plays QB next year will be new and will have to grow with the new WRs.

Advertisement
This was the most interesting comment to me:

“The thing is, when you play with a veteran quarterback when you’re a freshman, you might not have a veteran quarterback when it means the most to you in your career,” he said.

“More than likely, there’s a good chance that whoever gets the job can grow with whoever comes in as a receiver.”

Read into that what you will.
I'll read into it that he was specifically talking about the loss of Kaaya who would have only played with new WRs for 1 year max.

Then why would he say "More than likely, there's a good chance that whoever gets the job can grow with whoever comes in as a receiver"? That assumes that a veteran could win the job, and Rosier's the most veteran guy.

If he was just talking about losing Kaaya, he would've said "Whoever gets the job can grow with whoever comes in as a receiver."

You're ascribing way too much strategizing into a simple answer. Whoever plays QB next year will be new and will have to grow with the new WRs.

I agree, Chise.

The plug got an electrical short in it this year lol. Jp Pete got the sources sh*t just don't go as planned

Advertisement
There is no chance that Richt starts Allison. He not gonna run his recruits (Perry,Weldon) away by starting another freshman over them.

Shirreffs, Richt said, “does a really good job of learning what to do and taking it from the meeting room to the practice field. He’s very consistent in what he does. He’ll definitely be in the race.”

Watch out now! Coaches love consistency.

I liked Sherriffs a lot when I saw his film and still do. Kids who are top scholars, have the size and arm strength generally make good QB's. He just needs that ****y gene, some dawg in him.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz basically called out Corn Elder for his play in the spring and he turned out to be one of the best corners in the country. Coaches coach they don't sit and bxtch like most of the "coRches" on this site and just say hey you weren't an all american as a freshman you're no good

He expects Allison to take the next step, but only the best man will win simple as that.

I keep telling you guys, Shirreffs has a great chance to win the starting job. He is smart, accurate, knows the whole offense, and is not completely immobile like Kaaya. If his arm strength has improved at all, I really like his chances.

One problem with Sheriffs is he has no arm. That may be a problem

Guys....

Stop the mental *********ion.

Nkosi Perry will start game one on campus and never look back.

Evan Sherrifs is a glorified walk on. He cannot compete with the guy that was Florida's 6A player of the year and broke all of Daunte Cu;pepper's school records.

Talent wins over experience in college football. Have you watched lately?

Nkosi Perry is as good or better as an athlete than Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson.

Don't be persuaded by fake star ratings.

Perry is the best QB prospect in the country and a 5 star talent.

5,127 career passing yards with a 64/13 TD/INT ratio in 28 career games.

Add 500 career rushing yards and 20 TD's.

CIS setting Perry up to gag out on a giganto **** sandwich. How many freshmans QBs have come in 3 months before the season started and had major success?

Unless he's an absolute QB savant who can learn an offense in no time we won't see him starting the season as the guy. He's not a good enough runner like Jackson or Hurts to just throw him out there to play scramble ball.

You're basically looking to give away a few games if you start this guy game 1.

Advertisement
Nkosi Perry NIKE CAMP 2016
6'4" 178
4.86 40 yard dash
4.35 20 yard shuttle
35.9 vert
36 power throw

Deshaun Watson NIKE CAMP 2014
6'3" 190
4.89 40 yard dash
4.24 20 yard shuttle
34.2 vert
39 power throw

Lamar Jackson NIKE CAMP 2015
6'3" 202
4.77 40 yard dash
4.44 20 yard shuttle
31.6 vert
34 power throw

6'4" 178
4.86 40 yard dash
4.35 20 yard shuttle
35.9 vert
36 power throw

6'3" 190
4.89 40 yard dash
4.24 20 yard shuttle
34.2 vert
39 power throw

6'3" 202
4.77 40 yard dash
4.44 20 yard shuttle
31.6 vert
34 power throw

Lamar runs a **** 4.4 right now.

No he doesn't.

6'4" 178
4.86 40 yard dash
4.35 20 yard shuttle
35.9 vert
36 power throw

6'3" 190
4.89 40 yard dash
4.24 20 yard shuttle
34.2 vert
39 power throw

6'3" 202
4.77 40 yard dash
4.44 20 yard shuttle
31.6 vert
34 power throw

Advertisement
No he doesn't.

6'4" 178
4.86 40 yard dash
4.35 20 yard shuttle
35.9 vert
36 power throw

6'3" 190
4.89 40 yard dash
4.24 20 yard shuttle
34.2 vert
39 power throw

6'3" 202
4.77 40 yard dash
4.44 20 yard shuttle
31.6 vert
34 power throw

Yeah he does they clocked him at a 4.42 in the spring and he looks that fast when he's on the field. http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/04/06/louisville-qb-lamar-jackson-ready-make-leap

perry is not doing that crazy stuf he did against weak high school comp week in and week out in acc as a true fresh.
Also, Richt didnt try to flip eason to um once he get a feel for allison. i think we should jsut let it play out.

Nkosi Perry threw for more yards and TD's as a HS Junior than Lamar Jackson did in his entire HS career.

BTFO

Everybody is talking about Perry, Allison, Rosier, Weldon, and Shirreffs. Therefore, the correct answer is none of the above. Testaverde will start the first game for Miami.

Advertisement
Back