Norvell it is then...

Advertisement
6 years!?!

I dont care how great hes been at a G5 school, that's a crazy amount of trust in someone who hasnt been at a big time program yet. I remember thinking, if Golden could breathe live into a program like Temple he'll dominate here.... didnt turn out that way at all! This is an all or nothing move for them.

Hes still better than Diaz tho! ;)

Ive always respected FSU as a team because they've always been a great rival but if something like this is even remotely true i wish nothing but the worst for that program.

It never felt right the way Willie was fired being only 1.5 years into his tenure. No big-time coach has ever been fired that fast unless there was some kinda improprieties & bad behavior taking place behind the scenes. FSU had been a mess and everyone knew it would take years to rebuild that team after Jimbo. Taggart had proven coaching history that he could do exactly that with broken football programs.

Then after finding out about the $20M+ in buyouts to get rid of him i thought "**** something's just not right here... it's just not THAT serious to win a few more football games".

As a successful Afr-Am man myself that's experienced the overt and underhanded racism first-hand, we all have a 6th-Sense for these things. After no reports of scandal came out after his firing i swear to God my Spidey Sense was tingling that this smells like some closet racist bs going on. Now it's being exposed.

Last edited:
Ive always respected FSU as a team because they've always been a great rival but if something like this is even remotely true i wish nothing but the worst for that program.

It never felt right the way Willie was fired being only 1.5 years into his tenure. No big-time coach has ever been fired that fast unless there was some kinda improprieties & bad behavior taking place behind the scenes. FSU had been a mess and everyone knew it would take years to rebuild that team after Jimbo. Taggart had proven coaching history that he could do exactly that with broken football programs.

Then after finding out about the $20M+ in buyouts to get rid of him i thought "**** something's just not right here... it's just not THAT serious to win a few more football games".

As a successful Afr-Am man myself that's experienced the overt and underhanded racism first-hand, we all have a 6th-Sense for these things. After no reports of scandal came out after his firing i swear to God my Spidey Sense was tingling that this smells like some closet racist bs going on. Now it's being exposed.
I went back and read that whole thread, feeling the same way you did. Looks like it was something concocted by a UF fan, who decided to tag all his Big3 buddies.

Advertisement
He’s a good coach but he’s coming into a pretty unfavorable roster situation. Taggart didn’t sign any QB/RB/WR in last seasons class, their best skill guys are probably turning pro and it’ll be hard to get the type of impact guys FSU fans will want before NSD. Plus recruiting Florida is a different animal and it’s one he doesn’t really any experience doing. It’s really a roll of the dice and it’s clear they missed on a lot of bigger names.

Advertisement
All our fans are saying he isn't that great? Must mean they will be knocking off clemson in the next couple of years.

What are you reading? 90% of these guys are shltting their pants over this hire. What’s funny is that all of these guys are going to be rooting for FSU over the next few years because there’s nothing CIS likes more than people saying how they were right about something. I’ll err on the side of having to root against FSU.

Lmao @ you guys believing an anonymous source who poorly typed something on the iPhone notes app. Grow up.

Advertisement
Better than anything we could get now.

LOL! Memphis toughest game was against Temple and they lost. Game was on the road. Cincy was at home.

BTW, all the Seniors and Juniors were Fuente’s boyz recruits. This corch just stepped in and won against a bunch of nobodies.

I think this is a good hire for FSU, but not a homerun hire. I guess we'll just have to see.

This. Not a slam dunk but it could work out for them. They're probably ****ed about it. Dropping 18 mil you'd expect an Urban Meyer-esque hire.

Norvell was w Pitt & ASU prior to becoming head coach at Memphis.

He was a **** good OC and QBC at ASU, which is y he was considered for a head coaching job.

Make no mistake about this, @Liberty City El wanted Norvell for a reason. Might not happen now, but unless we make a power move, this chit will bite us. This is not a Willie T situation at all. Willie has sucked his entire coaching career. The only reason he got buzz was b/c of him going 10-2 one time at USF. He cashed in and made a nice chunk of change.

Lets see what kind of staff he comes up with.

You and I know the head man at these schools is merely a piece of the pie. Norvell needs to come up with a staff that can coach and recruit.

It seems Coach Odell is about to go fishing, so thats not a good start for Norvell.

Advertisement
This. Not a slam dunk but it could work out for them. They're probably ****ed about it. Dropping 18 mil you'd expect an Urban Meyer-esque hire.

Exactly. Idk who's calling the shots over there but they should be investigated for mismanagement of state funds for botching this entire situation lol. Even going back to hiring Willie in the first place.

I think that Norvell is a solid football coach but I'm not concerned about him as a Nole. There's nothing on his resume to suggest he's going to be very successful there. ****, Willie's pedigree & resume was much better than Norvell's prior to FSU. He built two different programs from the bottom & took USF to their first double digit win season. They should've just kept him if this would be the result.

If i was FSU alum I'd be pretty f'n salty after all of this. I know Blake has made some hiring goofs but FSU's AD trumped any bad moves Miami has made these past few years

LOL! Memphis toughest game was against Temple and they lost. Game was on the road. Cincy was at home.

BTW, all the Seniors and Juniors were Fuente’s boyz recruits. This corch just stepped in and won against a bunch of nobodies.
Why do ppl say that? Fuentes has been at vt for 4 years this is all Norvell
FSU has a huge coaching advantage now

6 years!?!

I dont care how great hes been at a G5 school, that's a crazy amount of trust in someone who hasnt been at a big time program yet. I remember thinking, if Golden could breathe live into a program like Temple he'll dominate here.... didnt turn out that way at all! This is an all or nothing move for them.

Hes still better than Diaz tho! ;)

Lol;

Alfred James Golden went 27-34 at Temple and took a step back the yr we hired him. Golden was a terrible hire from the jump.

Norvell went 38-15 at Memphis, including just taking them to a NY6 bowl this season.

He may be a flame playing w the big boys yr after yr, but he & Golden, coaching wise, have been similar like oil and water. Lol

Lol;

Alfred James Golden went 27-34 at Temple and took a step back the yr we hired him. Golden was a terrible hire from the jump.

Norvell went 38-15 at Memphis, including just taking them to a NY6 bowl this season.

He may be a flame playing w the big boys yr after yr, but he & Golden, coaching wise, have been similar like oil and water. Lol

LMAO, why are you comparing their records? Golden took over a program who last had a winning record in 1990. Norvell took over a program averaging 9.5 wins over the previous 2 years. To put it another way, Memphis had as many wins in the 2 seasons prior to Norvell taking over as Temple did in the 8 seasons prior to Golden taking over. Apples and oranges.

Advertisement
Back