Norvell it is then...

Advertisement
Lusty youz a beast!

@gruntking, I've been saying for a couple of years now. Let's go after the coaches from those lower level universities that are making some noise.

That Cincinnati coach is a good one, too!

I was never afraid of Ol' Willie, knew he was the next Shannon, I Shannon was the next Shannon, also ...LOL.

I said Fuente was going to be a thorn, well he's proving that. He might not win a natty or an ACC ship, but he beats on Miami.

Norvell will be doing the same ****....

Solid hire but is he worth paying Willie $20 mil to not coach? Can he rebuild a program? Can he recruit at a high level? Definitely not the sure fire homerun they all thought they were getting.

This guy is a Hail Mary hire. He has never been involved with a big time program his entire career, and now he's going to take over FSU? I'm going to wager on this guy being in way over his head. People can rag on Manny being a bad hire, and he certainly hasn't disproven them wrong over his first year here, but at least Manny had been involved with multiple big time programs prior to getting this job.

@gruntking, I've been saying for a couple of years now. Let's go after the coaches from those lower level universities that are making some noise.

Reality trumps fantasy all the time... we ain't getting an Urban$$$$ type or anything close to that... vet a lower tier coach with mucho promise.

Advertisement

I was never afraid of Ol' Willie, knew he was the next Shannon, I Shannon was the next Shannon, also ...LOL.

I said Fuente was going to be a thorn, well he's proving that. He might not win a natty or an ACC ship, but he beats on Miami.

Norvell will be doing the same ****....
Lusty, I gave you an Agree before you edited and added another paragraph... isn't that an infraction here???

Advertisement
Reality trumps fantasy all the time... we ain't getting an Urban$$$$ type or anything close to that... vet a lower tier coach with mucho promise.

Yet here we are AGAIN... FSPOO, making a sweet hire. Hopefully it doesn't pan out, but unlike our hires, that you can tell they have NO ******* BUSINESS BEING HIRED, IT GETS DONE IN MINUTES...LMFAO! I'm ****ED

Advertisement
Yet here we are AGAIN... FSPOO, making a sweet hire. Hopefully it doesn't pan out, but unlike our hires, that you can tell they have NO ******* BUSINESS BEING HIRED, IT GETS DONE IN MINUTES...LMFAO! I'm ****ED
On the flip side... yes I'm jealous but I love it when FSU is strong... history has proved that it's a good thing for the U.

And the size of the buyout correlates to the length of the contract. HoW MaNy TiMeS Do We NeEd tO eXpLAiN tHiS?

Uh no. It could be that but it doesn’t have to be that.

So again, the buyout is what matters most.

Advertisement
On the flip side... yes I'm jealous but I love it when FSU is strong... history has proved that it's a good thing for the U.

@gruntking, yes it was good when we were younger, LOL, not now..... fsu won the natty in 2013, they were pushing our **** in all those years.

I'm sorry my brother, but HISTORY ISN'T DOING JACK **** WITH THIS ADMIN AND HC, OC, DC, MATTER OF FACT...EVERYONE!!! LOL

Sorry for the caps and the rant.

Uh no. It could be that but it doesn’t have to be that.

So again, the buyout is what matters most.
I didn't say the buyout didn't matter. I said the size of the buyout is extremely correlated to the length of the contract. Therefore, the longer the contract, the bigger the buyout in almost every scenario. Given that we only know the length of the contract right now, I pointed out that a 6 year contract seems like a big commitment because it will almost certainly have a higher buyout than a 4 or 5 year contract.

You then responded saying the length of the contract means nothing and only the size of the contract matters, therefore, completely missing the point. Hopefully, this explanation is dumbed down enough for you to now understand.

It's not the home run they were hoping for. Following the press conference that wasn't on Tuesday, you know he was their second or third choice. It will be interesting to see if he can overcome the athletic department problems we've heard about.

I just want our guy to get a lot better real fast. I dont want beating us on our home field to be his signature first season win.

Advertisement
Back