Norvell it is then...

LMAO, why are you comparing their records? Golden took over a program who last had a winning record in 1990. Norvell took over a program averaging 9.5 wins over the previous 2 years. To put it another way, Memphis had as many wins in the 2 seasons prior to Norvell taking over as Temple did in the 8 seasons prior to Golden taking over. Apples and oranges.

I’m saying us hiring Golden b/c he won 9 & 8 games in his last 2 yrs is not the same as FSU hiring a coach w a proven winning coach, winning his division 3x in a row, and now conference.

ASU’s best seasons in the last 10 yrs was w Norvell calling plays. Dude can coach.

Advertisement
I’m saying us hiring Golden b/c he won 9 & 8 games in his last 2 yrs is not the same as FSU hiring a coach w a proven winning coach, winning his division 3x in a row, and now conference.

ASU’s best seasons in the last 10 yrs was w Norvell calling plays. Dude can coach.

Will you be rooting for Florida State this year? You seem really entrenched in this silly idea that this unproven guy is the next Urban Meyer. He's nowhere close to the pedigree/record of even Tom Herman or Scott Frost, who were actually outstanding G5 coaches that have fizzled at high pressure, big-time programs. I can see you being on here next year when FSU beats an FCS school gloating about how you were right about him being such a great coach.

Will you be rooting for Florida State this year? You seem really entrenched in this silly idea that this unproven guy is the next Urban Meyer. He's nowhere close to the pedigree/record of even Tom Herman or Scott Frost, who were actually outstanding G5 coaches that have fizzled at high pressure, big-time programs. I can see you being on here next year when FSU beats an FCS school gloating about how you were right about him being such a great coach.

Ninja, u got the wrong dude, homie.

1. Norvell was a coach I wanted HERE, so yeah, I hold him in high regard since his OC days at ASU. Both he & Bill Clarke at UAB, were two G5 coaches I thought could take full advantage of our talent, here....if we were going the cheap route.

2. Comparing what Frost has inherited at Nebraska v. what Norvell is inheriting at FSU is asinine and foolish.
Last 4 class rankings for Nebraska prior to Frost:
Class of 15 # 30th
Class of 16 #26
Class of 17 #23
Class of 18 #23
In other words, Nebraska is a total rebuild, that’s going to take at least 4 yrs.

On the flip side, both Miami & FSU have been the byproduct of total mismanagement of riches, v. talent we have.
Norvell is inheriting a roster that include:
Class of 17: #6th.
Class of 18: #11th.
Class of 19 #19th.
Now granted, who knows how the Class of 20 will be.

3. I’m a fan of the game, and I recognize good coaches. I’m not going to hate on what FSU did. Being right on this means chit to me. The only team I care about being right or wrong is This U. I often hope I’m more wrong than right w the direction of this program. Regardless, Norvell can lose every f’ing game for FSU for all I care. I doubt it, but I always wish failure for my rivals programs; doesn’t change the fact that it’s a solid hire, one that I wanted here.

Advertisement

1. Norvell was a coach I wanted HERE, so yeah, I hold him in high regard since his OC days at ASU. Both he & Bill Clarke at UAB, were two G5 coaches I thought could take full advantage of our talent, here....if we were going the cheap route.

2. Comparing what Frost has inherited at Nebraska v. what Norvell is inheriting at FSU is asinine and foolish.
Class of 15 # 30th
Class of 16 #26
Class of 17 #23
Class of 18 #23
In other words, Nebraska is a total rebuild, that’s going to take at least 4 yrs.

On the flip side, both Miami & FSU have been the byproduct of total mismanagement of riches, v. talent we have.
Class of 19 #19th.

3. I’m a fan of the game, and I recognize good coaches. I’m not going to hate on what FSU did. Being right on this means chit to me. The only team I care about being right or wrong is This U. I often hope I’m more wrong than right w the direction of this program. Regardless, Norvell can lose every f’ing game for FSU for all I care. I doubt it, but I always wish failure for my rivals programs; doesn’t change the fact that it’s a solid hire, one that I wanted here.

Yeah I guess your Frost argument would work if he didn’t get teabagged by PJ Fleck this year. Do me a favor and compare their recruiting rankings.

I’m glad you’re a “fan of the game” and highly doubt you won’t be rooting for FSU this year. You wouldn’t be putting this much effort into the silly argument if you didn’t care.

Watching his press conference got me depressed af

You were probably already depressed. That was possibly the least inspiring press conference I’ve ever seen at a big time program. He reminded me of a JV football coach. He’s going to have a real hard time recruiting.

You were probably already depressed. That was possibly the least inspiring press conference I’ve ever seen at a big time program. He reminded me of a JV football coach. He’s going to have a real hard time recruiting.
I meant it as in having new life and energy in your program. It’s clearly obvious to most people that Manny won’t succeed here so every day he’s the coach is just a drag tbh

Advertisement
Yeah I guess your Frost argument would work if he didn’t get teabagged by PJ Fleck this year. Do me a favor and compare their recruiting rankings.

I’m glad you’re a “fan of the game” and highly doubt you won’t be rooting for FSU this year. You wouldn’t be putting this much effort into the silly argument if you didn’t care.

Blood, do us all a favor;

Look in a mirror, stare at urself, then slap urself.

Fleck has been at Minnesota for 3 yrs and they took EVERYBODY by surprise, including PSU. Wtf r u talking about?? Lol

Furthermore, Minnesota went 31-21 in 4yrs, including 9-4 right before Fleck took over. Nebraska went 28-23 in 4 yrs, including 4-8 right before Frost took over.

It could be argued, despite class rank differences (ala KSU, OK St v. Miami), Minnesota has been a healthier program than Nebraska over these last 5 yrs. I would expect Nebraska to improve by 2-3 games next season under Frost.

Blood, do us all a favor;

Look in a mirror, stare at urself, then slap urself.

Fleck has been at Minnesota for 3 yrs and they took EVERYBODY by surprise, including PSU. Wtf r u talking about?? Lol

Furthermore, Minnesota went 31-21 in 4yrs, including 9-4 right before Fleck took over. Nebraska went 28-23 in 4 yrs, including 4-8 right before Frost took over.

It could be argued, despite class rank differences (ala KSU, OK St v. Miami), Minnesota has been a healthier program than Nebraska over these last 5 yrs. I would expect Nebraska to improve by 2-3 games next season under Frost.

Lol, you're all over the place. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Now recruiting rankings are irrelevant because Fleck took him by surprise? Who else took Frost by surprise? Colorado, Indiana, Purdue? Is Colorado a "healthier" program, too? I'm the one that needs to slap myself huh.

Frost actually has the record and mentality to be a good P5 coach AND he has the support of an administration that wants to spend money on football/facilities. Norvell has the record of following someone's footsteps, the mental makeup of a JV football coach and is going to be at a place where he'll need to recruit his @ss off if he wants to compete.

Lol, you're all over the place. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Now recruiting rankings are irrelevant because Fleck took him by surprise? Who else took Frost by surprise? Colorado, Indiana, Purdue? Is Colorado a "healthier" program, too? I'm the one that needs to slap myself huh.

Frost actually has the record and mentality to be a good P5 coach AND he has the support of an administration that wants to spend money on football/facilities. Norvell has the record of following someone's footsteps, the mental makeup of a JV football coach and is going to be at a place where he'll need to recruit his @ss off if he wants to compete.

U’re the type of the dude that see an ugly dude w a bomb chick and say “see, all ugly dudes can bang bomb chicks.”

I’m very succinct w my discussions on here.

So let me break this down slowly for you:

Nebraska was a rebuild; why? B/c they sucked at recruiting, AND the coaching was inconsistent, including hitting rock bottom in 2017, b4 Scott got there

Minnesota, was a stabilized job; why? B/c even though they had poor recruiting classes, the guys on there were coached up (ala KSU, Memphis, Ok St, Iowa St, etc.), including winning 9 games and a bowl game b4 Fleck got there.

Just b/c Minnesota had less talent than Nebraska, per 247, does not change the narrative or argument made that Nebraska was a rebuild job.

My point w teams like FSU and Miami who have recruited very well yet have had coaches completely chit the bed is that a guy like Norvell, who’s already had the rep of coaching up lower tier talent at both ASU (P5) and Memphis CAN do well at FSU or Miami.

Follow the bouncing ball and stop trying to argue y it wasn’t a good hire for FSU.

Advertisement
Nebraska was a rebuild; why? B/c they sucked at recruiting, AND the coaching was inconsistent, including hitting rock bottom in 2017, b4 Scott got there

Minnesota, was a stabilized job; why? B/c even though they had poor recruiting classes, the guys on there were coached up (ala KSU, Memphis, Ok St, Iowa St, etc.), including winning 9 games and a bowl game b4 Fleck got there.

Just b/c Minnesota had less talent than Nebraska, per 247, does not change the narrative or argument made that Nebraska was a rebuild job.

My point w teams like FSU and Miami who have recruited very well yet have had coaches completely chit the bed is that a guy like Norvell, who’s already had the rep of coaching up lower tier talent at both ASU (P5) and Memphis CAN do well at FSU or Miami.

This is sad, I feel bad for you that you think you're so right about everything.

I understood what you said the first time. Saying it again doesn't change my rebuttal.

So let's just get to the point then, what do you think Norvell will do next year? FSU is not "coached up" but also has "recruited very well". Don't make your head spin too much.

This is sad, I feel bad for you that you think you're so right about everything.

I understood what you said the first time. Saying it again doesn't change my rebuttal.

So let's just get to the point then, what do you think Norvell will do next year? FSU is not "coached up" but also has "recruited very well". Don't make your head spin too much.

Lol; yeah “OK, guy.”

Anyways, I think Norvell struggles 1st yr, maybe winning 6-7 games.

Advertisement

Class of 15 # 30th
Class of 16 #26
Class of 17 #23
Class of 18 #23

Class of 19 #19th.

Never seen a guy be more wrong about literally everything than the guy you’re talking to brother.

Advertisement
Back