Non-Canes related, but Scott Frost is invading Broward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebraska is no more of a recruiting threat than they previously were. They had 4 kids on last season's roster from the tri-county area. The 2 players that committed are good for sure but 'invading' is a strong word.

Advertisement
He wont do **** there its nebraska there time is over....if he was going into sfla and taking guys that bama fsu osu miami want then i would be concerned.

I hate Nebraska but love Frost I mean he is something special in the making so I'm all for this especially because he'll never impact the guys that we really want

I have 0 beef w Nebraska and I’m looking forward to someone putting Meyers back in the hospital since Franklin and Harbaugh can’t.

hard not to root for frost imo. It's okay to like more than one program fellas.

I have a soft spot for USF because I attended that school, when a football team was only a pipe dream. But Nebraska?? F no, never.

Why can't you just be happy for the kids? Have you ever been to Nebraska? Beautiful state with nice people. Love that these kids are getting their shot and a good education.

Advertisement
TX - Turner Gill
NJ - Irving Fryar
NJ - Mike Rozier

Be careful what you wish for. Nebraska, like OK, recruited nationally in their heyday. Scott Frost adds Florida cred and ties that will have him in the National Championship conversation quicker than people think. Florida just became that much harder to recruit.

Better to have him trying to pull two or three south Florida kids to Nebraska than trying to pull 10 kids to UCF.
That’s very true.

But ...
1. Get a few Florida kids to go to NE is still a talent upgrade (even AL and GA only get a few each year)
2. Those fall back kids...well, they’re now signed to a major conference by the early period. Miami may not get a second chance
3. NE’s conference division MIGHT be weaker than the Coastal; so they’re fighting with WI to play OSU, PSU, Mich.
4. Ball breaks their way and they’re playing in the CFP and now they have chances at Tier-1 kids.
5. The cat’s out of the bag: USF and UCF are going to be top jobs for coaches looking for the jump to a power-5 program.

I ultimately don’t think it affects Miami from a win/loss or CFP standpoint, but on the horizon NE could become as much of a nuisance as OSU, MI, the rest of the ACC, the SEC (and the PAC-12 will certainly start camping out if Cristobal has success at Oregon).

You ever been to Nebraska?Do you know why they call them girls"cornfed?"Because you
put one of those plump ladies on either side of you at night just you get you thru a Nebraska
winter!

I don’t think D meant that they’re any real threat to us, rather just pointing out Frosts tactics in SF

Anyone remember that time Frost hid in a closet when Lawrence Phillips threw a girl Stand-up Guy Scotty was dating down a flight of steps head first after dragging her out of Frost's apartment by her hair? Ahhhh, good times.

Frost comes off as a genuinely good dude. Which is hard to find in CFB.

Dude was legitimately torn on going back to his alma mater , he was just that loyal to the kids he'd brought in. He was actually going back and forth with his decision.

I always try to pull for good people.

Advertisement
I wrote for B/R (Miami and College Football in general, def. not a homer) and I will say one thing about Frost and Kelly.....they are amazing coaches and if they could just get into the right system (Florida speedsters), they could win multiple national championships.

To be honest, I was hoping Miami would go after Frost and/or Kelly a couple years ago. With that type of offense and the supreme Florida speed/talent------they could dominate college football.

Frost now knows what could have been and I can promise you that he made good friends in Florida and will take a lot of talent to him in Nebraska. He is a good guy and they know that he can make them winners.

I would not be surprised to see Nebraska and UCLA (With Kelly) in contention for National Championships.

[MENTION=12878]CaneOil[/MENTION] I agree I spent 4 months in Lincoln and repped my Cane gear, I didn't get ONE bit of crap from fan's there if anything they had nothing but respect for UM, I have never been treated that good by any other fan base.

All this does is drive the price up. Who doesn’t recruit here? It’s just gonna make it harder now for ufag and fspoo. We’re gonna lock this down and already are. Not a big decision for Some kids now. Given the 2 schools are scrambling now it’s easier to go to Nebraska penn state or an sec school. Right now sofla’s best are gonna go to bama uga or um. However, Nebraska because of the location and weather has to drop them hefty construction black black bags. Also I think this is gonna affect Louisville a lot.

[MENTION=12878]CaneOil[/MENTION] I agree I spent 4 months in Lincoln and repped my Cane gear, I didn't get ONE bit of crap from fan's there if anything they had nothing but respect for UM, I have never been treated that good by any other fan base.

Its because of the time we live now, Im pretty sure if both teams were in the top 5 yearly and we beat there *** regularly they would hate u. If theres no hate or a dislike that means the teams arent any good. Everyone hates Bama right now.....why? cause there good

Advertisement

I live in Nebraska and that aw shucks Scott Frost you see is not who the guy is. It is never OK to root for the Huskers. **** them. He is a fraud and a fake.

In what way exactly?

He acts one way to your face and then much differently behind closed doors. This is from guys I know that played with him. He was not well liked by a lot of people around here.

I live in Nebraska and that aw shucks Scott Frost you see is not who the guy is. It is never OK to root for the Huskers. **** them. He is a fraud and a fake.

In what way exactly?

He acts one way to your face and then much differently behind closed doors. This is from guys I know that played with him. He was not well liked by a lot of people around here.

Who knows unless we actually talk to him but that is besides the point. Nick Saban is a complete ***-jocky and admits it, but he wins. That is all that truly matters. Same with Urban.

In what way exactly?

Yet the Big Red faithful were begging him to be their coach. Maybe he's a **** in person but he can coach football.

Advertisement

Its because of the time we live now, Im pretty sure if both teams were in the top 5 yearly and we beat there *** regularly they would hate u. If theres no hate or a dislike that means the teams arent any good. Everyone hates Bama right now.....why? cause there good

Well of course that is part of it but regardless we have kicked the **** out of those guys over the years and they have every right to hate on us but surprisingly while I lived there for a short while the respect they shown was like nothing I ever experienced. You can actually have respect for another team without being a complete prick.

I really don't think you guys are getting D Money's post. He's not saying we should be shaking with fear or even concerned. Just saying that Frost pulled a couple of good players from down here and he hopes Frost can turn them around. I guess you all are stuck on the word invading, idk.

I don't know why Miles Jones didn't get love from the UM, UF and FSU. Miles is a great football player who will make plays for Scott Frost at Nebraska.

I can honestly say I don't hate anyone specially over a game, most people don't I'd hope anyway. I've always thought that if the South Florida kids stayed home Miami would be right there at the top every year, can't blame another team for that. Dade305 is right midwest people are some of the nicest out there. I think they're happy with their lives and just don't hold so much hate inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back