Non-Canes related, but Scott Frost is invading Broward

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Frost got a couple of kids that he was recruiting at UCF and who were not really being pursued by the Florida Big 3. Big deal.

I'm not worried about him recruiting kids Miami wants. That's not the point of the post.

I am not questioning Frost - just why would a south florida kid with serious skill/talent want to go play in Nebraska??? This type of kid will certainly have other offers - why go spend four years in Nebraska? Frost must be a helluva salesman!

Advertisement
Big fan of Frost. That UCF team this year was built and played with some serious passion, aggression, and speed

Hope Nebraska does well. Def respect their history and program. Tommie Frazier was a Bradenton, FL product

IMO they should've stayed in the Big 12

So, Frost got a couple of kids that he was recruiting at UCF and who were not really being pursued by the Florida Big 3. Big deal.

I'm not worried about him recruiting kids Miami wants. That's not the point of the post.

I am not questioning Frost - just why would a south florida kid with serious skill/talent want to go play in Nebraska??? This type of kid will certainly have other offers - why go spend four years in Nebraska? Frost must be a helluva salesman!

Why would any kid go to Norman, Ok? Or Tuscaloosa, AL? Or any po-dunk college town in the middle of nowhere? Once again, he's not chasing the four and five star kids here. At least not yet. But a three star kid who's maybe two inches too short or twenty pounds too light to get an offer from Miami, will jump at a chance to play in Frost's offense at Nebraska.

From Bamarrero to Nebraska Money. Quite the crew we got here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Still would rather Miami go after miles jones than Nigel bethel. I know two different positions but still

Why would any kid go to Norman, Ok? Or Tuscaloosa, AL? Or any po-dunk college town in the middle of nowhere? Once again, he's not chasing the four and five star kids here. At least not yet. But a three star kid who's maybe two inches too short or twenty pounds too light to get an offer from Miami, will jump at a chance to play in Frost's offense at Nebraska.
For reference:

-Lincoln is almost 3x bigger than Tuscaloosa

-Omaha is twice as big as Birmingham

I hope he, and everyone else, strikes out on their top targets in SF.

That's not gonna happen, but I'd be lying if I wished Nebraska (or any other P5) school, any semblance of luck in recruiting.

Later for that.

I hope he, and everyone else, strikes out on their top targets in SF.

That's not gonna happen, but I'd be lying if I wished Nebraska (or any other P5) school, any semblance of luck in recruiting.

Later for that.

He is getting players that we didnt want? Whats the harm here?

I know Prop Joe is a BIG fan of DWatt so interested to hear his thoughts on this.

Advertisement
Just picked up commitments from two of the most productive playmakers in Broward, RB/WR Miles Jones and WR Dominick Watt.

If he can build up his skill positions and defensive backfield with local guys like this, it will give that program a serious boost.

Nebraska fans were always the most respectful fans to come to the OB. I hope they tear up the B1g and we're meeting in the championship like old times.

I always agreed. They definitely sent a large portion of a different batch to Pasadena in 2001 however....

Didn’t Brooklyn mention some major bags are being dropped when talking about the Bookie situation?

hard not to root for frost imo. It's okay to like more than one program fellas.

I live in Nebraska and that aw shucks Scott Frost you see is not who the guy is. It is never OK to root for the Huskers. **** them. He is a fraud and a fake.

Advertisement
Here's a list of all Nebraska players ever from Florida.

Players from the state of Florida - Nebraska football recruits - Omaha.com - Omaha World-Herald

I remember when Jimmy Austin transferred back from Nebraska to UM in the mid '60's and did nothing. I don't remember him from HS but I later read he was something of a top recruit maybe same year as Steve Streeter, Mel Bratton and Alonzo Highsmith. I don't even know if he ever got past the scout team. I remember he played on our JV (apparently we had a JV at one time) and they scrimmaged the Bucktown Bucks. Ever hear if them? Apparently short for Bucktown Buckaroos, supposedly a semi-pro team somewhere in Miami, maybe Liberty City or Overtown.

Didn’t Brooklyn mention some major bags are being dropped when talking about the Bookie situation?

That was when Riley was there still and knew he was on the hot seat

Advertisement
I wish success (aside from when they vs. Miami obv.) for Frost, Chip, and Jimbo after what they did to UF and FSU.

Just picked up commitments from two of the most productive playmakers in Broward, RB/WR Miles Jones and WR Dominick Watt.

If he can build up his skill positions and defensive backfield with local guys like this, it will give that program a serious boost.

Nebraska fans were always the most respectful fans to come to the OB. I hope they tear up the B1g and we're meeting in the championship like old times.

I live in Wisconsin and watch the Badgers run rough-shod over the west virtually every season and have to hear from all of the faithful how they are an elite top 5 program now. It has only gotten worse since the Orange Bowl game last month. It will be nice to see Frost put together a team that will initially at least challenge Wisconsin and eventually in the not too distant future overtake them as the class of the Big Ten west.

hard not to root for frost imo. It's okay to like more than one program fellas.

With Much respect, ONLY if it does not impact the U in any which way. This additional recruiting pressure is not something we really need ya think

Dominic Watt is a top 5 wr in south florida.

Miles Jones is one of the top athletes down here this year.

Those are good gets for Frost and Nebraska to be honest. Seems like he can recruit and identify talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back