noles HATE this Norvell character.

Unfortunately, sometimes the only way to force change is by blowing people up publicly. If they're doing dirty, then they should be blown up. This old school "keep it quiet and let the man tell us what to do" model doesn't play these days.
You make a good point with that ...he’ll def face backlash for his actions tho

Advertisement
They have the #1 ranked recruiting class in the country. Thank god Leonard can't coach, because Jesus Christ can he recruit. They are going to be absolutely LOADED this year. Like, one of the 3 most talented teams in the country. Obscene talent that dude is stacking up there.

But yes, the football program is a complete mess right now in literally every single aspect. Leadership, money, support, production...it's a disaster.

They will tumble down the rankings as all of the elites are undecided. Still doing a good job, but a lot of teams are going to jump them.

Norvell is a perfect storm of small-time-hero/out-of-his-depth-on-big-stage mixed in with a dose of "says-all-the-wrong-things-but-very-confidently" and "too-full-of-himself-to-learn-from-his-mistakes".

Kinda like Al Golden.
Very similar feeling. Norvell was more successful at the G5 level, but the similarity in "out of his depth" and trying to apply G5 techniques to marquee P5 players is glaring.

Do Hippa laws keep you from telling your friends that you have tested positive for the vid? Should your boss be able to force you not to tell your friends or co workers? Asking for all my friends...

He tweeted the message to the general public, which in my opinion screams attention. Yes my employer can fire me for tweeting stuff they feel is inappropriate, not saying me announcing to the world I have Covid is inappropriate.

Nobody knows who made Mathews delete the post, my guess it was one of the team captains.

Lots of jumping to conclusions here

Advertisement
Fsu can't beat us on the field so Norvell uses ****** organizational capacity to bring down the conference instead smh

It seems to be the WR room at FSU who has the issues and nobody else. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

I’m all for FSU crumbling but I don’t need these couple kids who have terrible reputations to ruin everyone’s college football joys.

A few of their team leaders have publicly tweeted in support of the staff - Jaiden Woodbey, Asante Samuel, Marvin Wilson and Joshua Kaindoh spoke after Norvell and he also supported the staff and COVID protocols.

Seems like one of the WR tested positive and the other two are upset. No one knows if any of the three showed at practice.

Advertisement
Sorry, but I don't Matthews was forced to delete his tweet revealing he had covid because the school wanted to strictly adhere to Hippa.

Deleting the tweet absolutely not. I agree 100% they were trying to sweep it under the rug and they seem to have dropped the ball again.

I do however agree with what I think the intent of Miami Chris argument was. Warren Thompson has been a diva since he stepped foot on campus. If the players are expecting to be told "Person A" tested positive, it will never happen. Issue is we dont know what the specific issue is as just claiming vague lies etc. is not very informative.

They (FSU) do have a duty however to say someone tested positive, if that individual wants to disclose, no hippa issue, also, not going to be overly hard to deduce when they live on campus and can kind of see who isn't around the football facility.

Opt out and/or transfer seem like a good decision.

i guess you dont care that a program allegedly isnt taking care/being transparent with their players then. it isnt bout just opt out. they dont want to opt out and they want to play, but would like to receive whatever their president, AD and coach have been preaching to the public the last few days

Advertisement
Advertisement
You run a far better operation than FSU, fwiw.
Thank you for taking notice. We take a great deal of pride in running a transparent program in the midst of global uncertainty. We just want to thank our president Julio Frenk for his incredible leadership during these troubling times.

Advertisement
Back