noles HATE this Norvell character.

Warren Thompson is a jack ***, not defending FSU but also not going to let there idiot players ruin football for everyone.

They are getting tested properly but kids don’t understand Hippa laws. The University doesn’t have to tell the other players when someone is positive.

FYI Warren Thompson and DJ Mathews are Immature dudes and have a lot of growing up to do and they seem to be the problem.
You’re dumb as ***. They absolutely should be telling the football team if a player is positive, wtf?

Advertisement
Norvell talking about contact tracing policy, when asked if he believed player frustration was over testing results/knowledge of those results.

Says they go through steps of who they have been around, were they wearing a mask, etc.

Norvell says he will not confirm who's not at practice today. Says he actually spoke with Warren Thompson one-on-one last night, will likely have a follow-up conversation with him.

Norvell says communication with team/trust is a ‘work in progress’. Right now is a ‘transitional experience’.

Norvell says he owned his mistake in Marvin situation. Said he isn’t here to control player’s social media/platform.

Norvell spoke with DJ Matthews last night, says he did not ask him about his Tweet.

Adds that players have freedom to post anything they'd like about their own situation/health. Just ask that they don't comment on status of other athletes.

Norvell asked if parents are reaching out: ‘We’ve tried to be pro-active since May in have parent meetings.’ Last one was Wednesday before report date. Voluntary nature of things reiterated in those calls.

Warren Thompson is a jack ***, not defending FSU but also not going to let there idiot players ruin football for everyone.

They are getting tested properly but kids don’t understand Hippa laws. The University doesn’t have to tell the other players when someone is positive.

FYI Warren Thompson and DJ Mathews are Immature dudes and have a lot of growing up to do and they seem to be the problem.
Do Hippa laws keep you from telling your friends that you have tested positive for the vid? Should your boss be able to force you not to tell your friends or co workers? Asking for all my friends...

Norvell describes this as a transitional experience with new team. Says he understood his mistake re: Marvin Wilson incident. Wants to let players use social media platform and express their voice. Today's issue, "it is a separate issue and I feel very confident with how we operate."

Norvell asked where the disconnect is coming from: Norvell said there will be follow up conversations to get a better understanding of why this happened today.

One day at a time, live and learn and work towards answers.

Advertisement
Norvell not sharing specifics of conversations with 3 WR. Said one was about a test result (DJ), another about contact tracing and policies, and third was about a concern.

Norvell asked if he think those three are considering opting out. He won’t speculate.

Do Hippa laws keep you from telling your friends that you have tested positive for the vid? Should your boss be able to force you not to tell your friends or co workers? Asking for all my friends...
No because your free to share your own health information with whomever you choose.

When my co worker tested positive he reached out to 8 of us that he was around to let us know he had went to get tested because he had symptoms. Then we received a call from our chief telling us to self quarentine and take all precautions around our family. Make list of who we were around. 72 hours later we were all tested per CDC guidelines which is actually 48. Everyone came back negative and we all returned to work

Norvell's a small-time hero who is clearly out of his depth on a big stage.

Norvell is a perfect storm of small-time-hero/out-of-his-depth-on-big-stage mixed in with a dose of "says-all-the-wrong-things-but-very-confidently" and "too-full-of-himself-to-learn-from-his-mistakes".

Kinda like Al Golden.

Advertisement
LOL at trying to evade responsibility for being a scumbag by continually evoking the word "voluntary." You still owe these kids a proper duty of care even if you're trying to couch it as "voluntary" activity. You can't permit guys to participate in team activities then not take proper care of them and get around it by using the buzzword "voluntary."

Take care of your fcking players, FSU!

You’re dumb as ***. They absolutely should be telling the football team if a player is positive, wtf?

you can also do it in a way to protect privacy as well to abide (informing someone if they may have been in close contact w a positive individual without revealing identifying characteristics)

This is not the first time Warren has gone to twitter to cry about his situation at FSU. He cried last year about Taggart and not getting PT. Just transfer already.

this has nothign to do with football and it isnt just warren thompson. its terry and dj matthews. regardless of their on field stuff, theres an issue about this separate issue

Advertisement
No because your free to share your own health information with whomever you choose.

When my co worker tested positive he reached out to 8 of us that he was around to let us know he had went to get tested because he had symptoms. Then we received a call from our chief telling us to self quarentine and take all precautions around our family. Make list of who we were around. 72 hours later we were all tested per CDC guidelines which is actually 48. Everyone came back negative and we all returned to work
I was being sarcastic and an *** to the dude I quoted because some of this seems to be fsu telling kids to not tell anyone if they test positive. Hip laws shouldn't have anything to do with a kid telling his friends to get themselves checked. I'd be really ****ed if someone told me I couldn't warn my friends. Of course, if that's what's happening in the tallahassee dumpster.

this has nothign to do with football and it isnt just warren thompson. its terry and dj matthews. regardless of their on field stuff, theres an issue about this separate issue
Opt out and/or transfer seem like a good decision.

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
They are telling the players they just aren’t telling general public aka Mathews post.

Uneducated twitter rants like Thompson (not the first time he’s done this) are going to cost us the season

Advertisement
LOL at trying to evade responsibility for being a scumbag by continually evoking the word "voluntary." You still owe these kids a proper duty of care even if you're trying to couch it as "voluntary" activity. You can't permit guys to participate in team activities then not take proper care of them and get around it by using the buzzword "voluntary."

Theres absolutely no shame in having someone test positive. Its gonna happen at some point. Its your actions when it does happen that will dictate whether your serious about this or not.

Norvell does not seem to have the players trust right now. He hasnt coached a scrimmage let alone a game and has had 2 incidents now. We harp on Manny about certain things but this is one category he does well in.

I wouldn't blame Marvin Wilson if he opts out now. He was already a first round pick. I commended him for coming back even though they were gonna suck but at this point he needs to think about himself and his future because those in charge there dont look like they care.

Hey, shut up! The F$U players voluntarily signed a voluntary waiver that voluntarily said they could never sue. They voluntarily got in their cars and voluntarily crossed the Leon County border, where they moved into their voluntarily provided apartments. After that, they voluntarily and without any planning, organization, or effort mysteriously convened at the Voluntary Practice Field, where they voluntarily got into uniforms and voluntarily formed lines and voluntarily began to run plays from the Voluntary Playbook.

By the way, the University of Tennessee does not have this issue, all the players knew what they were getting into when they signed their LOIs.

I was being sarcastic and an *** to the dude I quoted because some of this seems to be fsu telling kids to not tell anyone if they test positive. Hip laws shouldn't have anything to do with a kid telling his friends to get themselves checked. I'd be really ****ed if someone told me I couldn't warn my friends. Of course, if that's what's happening in the tallahassee dumpster.

Lol gotcha... 👍

Advertisement
Back