Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
They could bring in Nick Saban or Urban Meyer and that garbage team would still go 4-8. This is a long term rebuild. FSU isn’t on the “allowed to bag”!list like some SEC schools so there’s no quick turnaround. They will have to gradually hope to make minor improvements. Even if Norvell does a good job, it’s still another two or three years before their program can even be competitive, let alone contend for anything.

And toss ups against Wake and Louisville? I’ve got those penciled in as L’s for the Mighty Midgets.
Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and not being totally biased. I would not be the least bit surprised if they if they lost both games or to Syracuse, but I want Norvell to stay a little longer so they stay down a little longer.

Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and not being totally biased. I would not be the least bit surprised if they if they lost both games or to Syracuse, but I want Norvell to stay a little longer so they stay down a little longer.

I understand, and that’s the dilemma. We want them to lose every single game, but at the same time we want them to prolong their suffering over many years, bit by bit.

Although honestly, I don’t know how they can afford to fire anybody at this point. But I I haven’t gotten a look at their foundation’s books, so I don’t know their exact economic situation, but apparently they are really hurting for money.

Advertisement
we want mediocrity, not failure. mediocrity keeps the staff there. failure means they'll have to reboot again. regardless, i dont see norvell being fired this year.
happy good mythical morning GIF by Rhett and Link

I wouldn't worry too much. They bought out Willie T.'s insane contract. Have a built in covid excuse for Norvell's first season. And even pre-covid, their football ticket sales were in the tank and the program was reportedly hemorrhaging cash. Plus, Norvell happens to have the complexion they prefer in their HCs over at forfeit state.

I suspect 5 wins gets him another season. Maybe less.

Edit: Apparently Forfeit State also paid $500k for Norvell's buyout, and would owe him 85% of the remainder of the deal if they fire him.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry too much. They bought out Willie T.'s insane contract. Have a built in covid excuse for Norvell's first season. And even pre-covid, their football ticket sales were in the tank and the program was reportedly hemorrhaging cash. Plus, Norvell happens to have the complexion they prefer in their HCs over at forfeit state.

I suspect 5 wins gets him another season. Maybe less.

Edit: Apparently Forfeit State also paid $500k for Norvell's buyout, and would owe him 85% of the remainder of the deal if they fire him.

Fsu boosters would have to pony up... fans think theyll get Deion Sanders but I think the upper brass is hesitant to bring him in as coach.

And to think that when the FSU boosters association decided to exert their will on the athletic department many here, including myself, thought it was a brilliant move to right the ship. It turned out to be a huge waste of money with little benefit other than getting their logo painted on the field.

Advertisement
They can't afford to fire Norvell after this year. They are still paying Willie. If they fire him, they will then be paying 3 coaches, 2 of them to not coach at FSU lol
Theoretically, they could dismiss Norvell and then offer a ridiculously low salary for anyone who wants a CFB HC job. There are people who would take it, just for the resume build.

They could bring in Nick Saban or Urban Meyer and that garbage team would still go 4-8. This is a long term rebuild. FSU isn’t on the “allowed to bag”!list like some SEC schools so there’s no quick turnaround. They will have to gradually hope to make minor improvements. Even if Norvell does a good job, it’s still another two or three years before their program can even be competitive, let alone contend for anything.
I know a couple guys contributing to their fund this year. They are spending.

Advertisement
And to think that when the FSU boosters association decided to exert their will on the athletic department many here, including myself, thought it was a brilliant move to right the ship. It turned out to be a huge waste of money with little benefit other than getting their logo painted on the field.

When you get the opportunity can you refresh my memory on these events. I’m not sure I followed it that closely to be honest. I know you probably have 1 million other things going on, so no hurry and if you don’t have the time no sweat.

I know there’s been a ton of back-and-forth between their association and the athletic department in the past, and a lot of controversy, but I’m very fuzzy about the details

When you get the opportunity can you refresh my memory on these events. I’m not sure I followed it that closely to be honest. I know you probably have 1 million other things going on, so no hurry and if you don’t have the time no sweat.

I know there’s been a ton of back-and-forth between their association and the athletic department in the past, and a lot of controversy, but I’m very fuzzy about the details
If you'll remember they had their logo painted on the field at Doak. Supposedly they were going to make sure things were focused correctly. They failed.

Advertisement
Spot on.
so 7-5? Anything less has to be a failure at FSU, right?
No. 5-7, at best. Rooting for them to go over .500 is backwards fandom.

And who cares what these clowns do after Norvell is gone anyway? They're just going to mess it up again. Forfeit State doesn't know anything about having to actually acquire talent at HC. They had Bowden forever, who brought in Jimbo and basically made him heir apparent. Then nothing but radioactive dumpster trash.

In fact, I can't wait to see the next unqualified clown they bring in after Norvell is fired. I hope Forfeit State struggles to win 3 games in 2021, fires Norvell after the 2022 season (where they struggle to win 4 games), nearly goes bankrupt paying his buyout, then brings in some other dopey idiot who is as bad or worse.

Advertisement
Back