Nobody seems to want to mention [Mario's 2 losses to Utah... again]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So OP porsted that Lane was his 1st choice in two different Mario threads back on December 5. Mario's problems with Utah last season were mentioned about a dozen times in those threads (as well as several other threads).

If OP missed those porsts, he may be suffering from a TBI and you are better off not responding.
If OP read those porsts but porsted this anyway, he may have dementia or he may be a troll, and you are better off not responding.

What?!?!??
So he didn’t just “miss” them like he claimed?

Advertisement
There are quite a few programs that have had consistent top 15 recruiting classes and still didn't lose to a 3-9 team. This wasn't a 6-6 team that put it all together one Saturday. Stanford lost their 9 games by an average of 20 points. Their other 2 victories were against a 2-10 Vandy and 4-8 USC.

Mario has built quite a staff here and has recruited his a$$ off. You may be right, maybe it was a one off situation, but I doubt Mario will find such mercy on here if they lose to a 3-9 Duke team. No matter what excuses he may give.
How many other 3-9 teams did he lose to?

LSU lost to Troy, at home, season prior to winning a championship. I can find many bad losses for nearly any program in the nation. It’s Football.

Advertisement
But, I’ll go ahead and be the bad guy. I believe Mario will succeed at Miami, he kinda gives me Butch Davis vibes actually. But no one wants to discuss those 2 terrible losses to Utah, I heard people make up excuses saying oh he was on the way out, I call bs. Not saying that’s who he is but what about those bad losses, what’s you guys take on those?
There is an entire thread on this.

I find it odd that we have mopes before even a single game is played.

There is no prize for being the first.
Please let it play out… if posters are going to play OP’s game let’s see how it goes..

My guess… there will be some conflicting positions (talking out both sides of their mouth) presented for those watching close enough.

Dumb thread, but interesting CIS experiment if you ask me.

Mario is our guy. Let’s go! Off to a great start. Win on Saturdays. I’m ready. All in. Boom!!

Are we not gonna talk about how half of his team was out with injuries for those games? I know every team has injuries but his team got hit really hard last year. Still, not sure why he couldn’t compete with them at all.

Advertisement
I took a lot from that game. Just looking at Oregon fans message boards said a lot. They were shocked that we were so high on Mario and was surprised we signed him for that much and I agree. What type of coach is he really.

Advertisement
According to the OP no coach that takes another job has ever lost a game before taking a new job….JJ lost 4 games the year before he came here.Erickson was 12-10-1 at WSU before coming here…both did pretty well here….

Advertisement
How many other 3-9 teams did he lose to?

LSU lost to Troy, at home, season prior to winning a championship. I can find many bad losses for nearly any program in the nation. It’s Football.
How many does he need to lose to? Hopefully that was it. It is football and maybe it was a one-off. Look, my comment was that the losses to Utah aren't so concerning to me and that the Stanford loss would be (it's not a tremendous concern though).

I'm just not into giving excuses for losses that should not occur. Actually, LSU lost to Troy 2 years prior to their championship and Troy was far from a 3-9 team. They finished 11-2 that season. Yes, a Group of 5 team, but still better than a 3-9 Stanford team.

Mario is getting top dollar so I would think he will get this team to the same type of consistency of the Alabamas, Clemsons, Oklahomas, Georgias, etc. of the game. Does that mean never losing a game? Of course not. I just don't see them losing to 3-9 teams.

Mario lost to Utah two time last year?????

Why didn’t you guys talk about this???

OMG this changes EVERYTHING.

You guys really should have told me about this. I feel like I was hoodwinked, flim flammed and bamboozled.
can we get Kyle Whittingham?!?!

But, I’ll go ahead and be the bad guy. I believe Mario will succeed at Miami, he kinda gives me Butch Davis vibes actually. But no one wants to discuss those 2 terrible losses to Utah, I heard people make up excuses saying oh he was on the way out, I call bs. Not saying that’s who he is but what about those bad losses, what’s you guys take on those?
Call BS, your fault.

Mario is home.now and he knows what it takes to build a solid program.

We're good, you play devil's advocate.

We'll hand you the tissue and the water when you have egg on your face, and crow is on the menu

The Ultimate Fighter Tuf Redemption GIF by UFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back