No OL Coming Back This Week

I bet if you ask everyone here 90% of them would have Zion going 4th round or later. Even a good portion of them would have him going undrafted.
If he doesn’t play the rest of the year I think he’ll still be a third rounder , maybe higher but third round is my guess. His camp seems to be very confident. I’m sure there’s a team that’ll view him as value around there.

Advertisement
That's where I'm at with it as well. At this point if your not coming back next year just go ahead and sit out. Let Graves, bissainthe, Kelly and whoever else get as many snaps as they can.
Exactly.

I think folks are focusing on my Zion point, as if it’s just about him for me.

I’ve been feeling like the rest of the year should be spent focusing the young guys and seeing what we have coming back next season.

Time to see what we have and what’s worth keeping.. cause this season is over. Might as well get the young guys ready.

The Zion situation, especially, is beyond frustrating. If the rumors are true about him simply not wanting to come back, then I’ve lost a lot of respect for him. The team needs you, bro. Not sure how anyone can justify sitting back and watching us get destroyed in order to preserve their 5th round status…

He ain’t going higher — the dude has barely played….

If the entire OL took the next game off does it make a difference?

Advertisement
Just play all the young guys…. Get JB11 out there so you have a more mobile QB to avoid the rush

I’m tired of the cancer of the upper classmen if this thing needs to be a complete barn burner let it be this season I’m already ready…. But let it bring new life and expectations going forward

If he doesn’t play the rest of the year I think he’ll still be a third rounder , maybe higher but third round is my guess. His camp seems to be very confident. I’m sure there’s a team that’ll view him as value around there.
Even if this is true, which I have my doubts, imagine being content with a third-round grade??? That’s pretty pathetic.

Last edited:
Obviously, talented left tackles are highly coveted in the pass happy NFL. That being said, what bothers me and many others is if Zion is able to play and purposely sitting out to protect his draft status, it’s a pretty selfish move considering where he came from.

Advertisement
So? Are we better with him or without him? That’s the only question that’s relevant.
That's a tough question he wouldn't start at Lt maybe Rt to push Scaife to guard. But would it have been enough to prevent the 8 turnovers I doubt it maybe we lose by 2 touchdowns instead? Who even knows if he's good at Rt. I would say he had a better chance at being another upper classman that gets torn apart on CIS if he was playing now seeing how the trend has went for the rest of the team.

That's a tough question he wouldn't start at Lt maybe Rt to push Scaife to guard. But would it have been enough to prevent the 8 turnovers I doubt it maybe we lose by 2 touchdowns instead? Who even knows if he's good at Rt. I would say he had a better chance at being another upper classman that gets torn apart on CIS if he was playing now seeing how the trend has went for the rest of the team.
I think he easily prevents some of the pressures that have led to turnovers this year, with many of those turnovers happening at the most inopportune times.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Obviously, talented left tackles are highly coveted in the pass happy NFL. That being said, what bothers me and many others is if Zion is able to play and purposely sitting out to protect his draft status, it’s a pretty selfish move considering where he came from.
I’ve never made a comment on the situation, I just posted my thoughts on the draft and what they might be thinking.

I think he easily prevents some of the pressures that have led to turnovers this year, with many of those turnovers happening at the most inopportune times.
Possibly at this point you have to expect it at miami. Atleast every other year we have someone go early that we say shouldn't. Greg was the only one that opted out covid year worked for him, Brevin decided not to run it back and he got drafted lower then I thought but still getting a NFL paycheck. It's a grown man making a grown man decision it only effects his pockets not ours.

I’ve never made a comment on the situation, I just posted my thoughts on the draft and what they might be thinking.
You’ve absolutely not made a comment about Zion’s status. My comment was based on the optics of what’s going on. As always, the vast majority of us have no clue as what’s going on and every comment made is nothing but speculation - which I detest BTW.

Advertisement
Back