No OL Coming Back This Week

Advertisement
I played in my over 40 soccer league last night with a blister on my toe and we won. Zion can play.
In fairness, with your world class technical ability, you make the ball do all the work, pulling the strings from midfield like Carlos Valderrama. Walks the entire game, finishes with 1 goal, 4 assists.

Anyone think maybe the surgery got screwed up or maybe the kid has some degenerative knee issue that's worse than they thought?

This kid never should have played as a freshman at 280. But he didn't quit then.

Advertisement
Anyone think maybe the surgery got screwed up or maybe the kid has some degenerative knee issue that's worse than they thought?

This kid never should have played as a freshman at 280. But he didn't quit then.
It's crazy Mario said he'd be ready for game 1 despite him getting surgery in the summer and he's only played against A&M.

Yep not going to blame him for being thrown into the fire. He wasn't anywhere close to being ready but he did get his necessary redshirt during that Covid season.

Kobe Bryant GIF

Multiple knee issues the last couple years. Risk reward is my guess.

lol at someone taking a flyer on him in the THIRD ROUND with multiple knee issues in his past. Nobody is taking this kid in the first 90 picks, NFL teams do not waste picks on kids like that

its not like he has two years of amazing tape like Landon ****erson to fall back on, and he lasted all the way to mid rd 2.

gonna be the latest in a long line of Canes who swallowed the bull**** of where they were going in the draft from their camp only to go way late or not at all

Advertisement
If he doesn’t play the rest of the year I think he’ll still be a third rounder , maybe higher but third round is my guess. His camp seems to be very confident. I’m sure there’s a team that’ll view him as value around there.

It's funny how confident agents and camps always are about players sitting out.....especially when teams haven't even built their boards yet and new names are popping up as new players develop or improve. I'd venture a guess that more times than not the kid goes later than what the "camp" thinks this far out.

Nelson was getting some buzz last year but also showed he had a lot to work on yet. I expected that to improve as better OL coaches joined the staff this year.....but that has not materialized. I didn't think he looked good at all in the few snaps i saw this year. Mix that now with injury questions and it couldn't definitely hurt his stock, especially if he doesn't show he can play this year after what was viewed as a "minor" surgery. If his medicals are not ideal in the pre-draft process, it could really cause him to drop.

If Zion indeed quit/refuses to play, WHY IS STILL ON THE TEAM? That's mentality (if true) is straight cancer. Kick him off...

Note, i assume there is a lot more to the story
Certainly not the culture you want to cultivate of healthy guys bailing on entire seasons. If he's healthy. Maribro is big on culture so I've heard.

I knew he was never playing another down here when he was a gametime decision 2 straight weeks and didn't play either time. That never happens. If yoy are a gametine decision one week and don't play, you're always ready by the next week

He prob got hacked up by UHealth and then Feld did something dumb with him in the offseason post surgery.

Advertisement
So was Daniel Faalele and Nicholas Petit-Frere a year out.

They went 4th and 3rd round respectively. Rankings and mocks from a prior year are meaningless.
Technically was before the start of this year.. But point taken.

lol at someone taking a flyer on him in the THIRD ROUND with multiple knee issues in his past. Nobody is taking this kid in the first 90 picks, NFL teams do not waste picks on kids like that

its not like he has two years of amazing tape like Landon ****erson to fall back on, and he lasted all the way to mid rd 2.

gonna be the latest in a long line of Canes who swallowed the bull**** of where they were going in the draft from their camp only to go way late or not at all
Bingo!

Zion is a *****. During my church league softball season of 2018, I played every game at first base while going through tennis elbow. They don’t make them like they used to.
Church league softball, that’s big time!! Deacon Johnson throws a mean fast ball 😂

Advertisement
This has been gospel on here for about 20 years. Add +2-3 rounds to whatever the experts on this board say.

Only exception to this rule is a sure fire kid with ungodly measurements like Russeau. And even then expect a drop in spots if not rounds.

Zion doesn’t have those measurables.

No, just the ones that were projected as a 1st before getting hurt.
You clearly don’t get projections.

Any projection he had is based on this upcoming season assuming he takes the next step (hence the word “projection”).

That means he not only has to play, but he has to dominate like a first rounder should.

He has done neither, yet here you are advocating for him to shut it down. Smfh.

I feel like there's more to it than just getting ready for the draft, he has to be smart enough to know that he needed this season to improve his grade. Regardless, if it is for a selfish reason, he really F* the rest of his Oline teammates.
Maybe he transfers out?

You clearly don’t get projections.

Any projection he had is based on this upcoming season assuming he takes the next step (hence the word “projection”).

That means he not only has to play, but he has to dominate like a first rounder should.

He has done neither, yet here you are advocating for him to shut it down. Smfh.
Soo projections have nothing to do with previous season?

Also, Todd Mcshay is just making up to list just for the Fs of it? You do t think he talks to any scouts and GM about who they are looking at?

I’m advocating for this staff to start focusing on next years season, cause this one’s done.. no point in playing a dude who ain’t going to make that much differences, and clearly prefers to sit..

And if I’m him, I would focus on getting fully health and draft.. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Back