No Need To Complain About Coaching In Year One. History Says So

Lol at comparing manny to any of those HCs or comparing our crap schedule against the ones they played

id be hard shocked to see if any of those teams played absolutely awful teams like GT, VT, a true frosh starting UNC team with US COMING OFF A BYE

we might not even make a bowl game which is down right pathetic

Advertisement
You really can’t learn much from a Head Coaches first season.

History has told us that many times, yet we want to fly banners and fire everyone all the way down to the janitor.

The coaches who are considered the top in their field have all posted underwhelming records their first years

1.) Tom Herman - Texas 7-6
2.) Nick Saban (GOAT)
*Mich State- 7-6
*LSU - 8-4
*Alabama 7-6
3.) Pete Carol - USC 7-6
4.) Dabo Swinney- 8-5
5.) Jim Tressel - Ohio State -7-5
6.) Jimmy Johnson - UM - 8-5

The truth is almost every Head Coach flopped their first season after taking over a program on the decline. It didn’t matter how great they were or their experience level, the first year results were pretty much the same. Multiple losses with bad performances.

You have to ask yourself, why are you so upset if you know the first season of a new head coach is multiple losses? History has shown that time and time again

We have won the coastal once in 15 years and you guys were pencilling in a 10 and 11 win season? Bro if Kansas, Wake Forest or another school fans were upset with not winning 10 or 11 games you would laugh them off the Internet. The reality is harsh. Those schools have won just as many conference titles and divisions titles in the last 15 years as UM

For the first two years, the fans need to do their part in making the program look attractive. If after year two and their is no improvement then it’s ok to voice concerns and ask for a new situation
Dude wtf are you talking about???
Have you looked at the point spreads against some of these teams we played this year.
Again, no one here expected manny to make the playoffs or take Clemson to overtime. But manny didn’t take over a 3-8 team. He didn’t take over a team with no qb. He took over a team with 3 highly rated and recruited ones. He took over a team with 3 highly rated running backs. He took over a team with his defense and defensive coaching staff.
This isn’t some coach taking over a team with a brand new staff and multiple ****** recruiting classes. You know who took over a team with a brand new staff? Cmr!! And this team didn’t not look this bad defensively. Now we look worse in all 3 phases. We can’t even coach a kicker to make an extra point. Stop with the growing pains narrative bs. How does growing pains make players look worse than the year before?

I read your optimism but, no.

One thing to consider is no one of those coaches were first-time HCs. You might consider Dabo an exception, because he was a first-time HC on an interim basis the prior season.

SIAP

History has told us that many times, yet we want to fly banners and fire everyone all the way down to the janitor.

The coaches who are considered the top in their field have all posted underwhelming records their first years

2.) Nick Saban (GOAT)
*Mich State- 7-6
*LSU - 8-4
*Alabama 7-6
3.) Pete Carol - USC 7-6
4.) Dabo Swinney- 8-5

The truth is almost every Head Coach flopped their first season after taking over a program on the decline. It didn’t matter how great they were or their experience level, the first year results were pretty much the same. Multiple losses with bad performances.

You have to ask yourself, why are you so upset if you know the first season of a new head coach is multiple losses? History has shown that time and time again

We have won the coastal once in 15 years and you guys were pencilling in a 10 and 11 win season? Bro if Kansas, Wake Forest or another school fans were upset with not winning 10 or 11 games you would laugh them off the Internet. The reality is harsh. Those schools have won just as many conference titles and divisions titles in the last 15 years as UM

For the first two years, the fans need to do their part in making the program look attractive. If after year two and their is no improvement then it’s ok to voice concerns and ask for a new situation

Great post. You can add Bob Stoops to that list. He was 7-5 at OU his first year.

Based on this post alone, I am confident in declaring that your IQ is in the 99% percentile on CIS.

This...is not much of an accomplishment, if I'm being honest. But take it as a complement nonetheless!

2.) Nick Saban (GOAT)
*Mich State- 7-6
*LSU - 8-4
*Alabama 7-6
3.) Pete Carol - USC 7-6
4.) Dabo Swinney- 8-5

Well, tell your boy history to eat a Dyck

Advertisement
Great post. You can add Bob Stoops to that list. He was 7-5 at OU his first year.

Based on this post alone, I am confident in declaring that your IQ is in the 99% percentile on CIS.

This...is not much of an accomplishment, if I'm being honest. But take it as a complement nonetheless!

You have the worst troll game that I’ve ever seen. Your schtick has gotten tiresome real quick. You’re definitely a Gaytor ******.

Your name is a dead giveaway, as in “it’s ALL over” for the Canes. You need to get the ban hammer with a quickness. I’m sure that you would love for Manolo to stay the head coach forever, and for Flake and the rest of the feminazis in the BOT to remain in Coral Gables forever. Take a hike, jabroni.

The point of the thread was to simply show it is almost impossible to judge a coach off of his first year results
096AF4D9-9246-4C35-8499-411BA0F8792C.gif

Advertisement
You have the worst troll game that I’ve ever seen. Your schtick has gotten tiresome real quick. You’re definitely a Gaytor ******.

Your name is a dead giveaway, as in “it’s ALL over” for the Canes. You need to get the ban hammer with a quickness. I’m sure that you would love for Manolo to stay the head coach forever, and for Flake and the rest of the feminazis in the BOT to remain in Coral Gables forever. Take a hike, jabroni.

I literally laughed out loud at how homophobic and regressive you are. Not only is your handle homophobic, but you managed to make 3 different derogatory comments towards *** folks and women in the span of 7 sentences. Honestly, when I got to "feminazis" I LOLed. The over-compensation was just over-the-top.

But then I seriously questioned whether I should even bring this up, because there is a very high likelihood that such a militant homophobe is obliviously closeted, which is very sad, and actually not funny at all.

But I changed my mind and decided to roll the dice. You're probably just a run-of-the-mill meathead.

So manny has to rebuild a defense he build??
Interesting.
So you are saying manny did a sh1tty job recruiting for the defense?
We lost 3 guys who are playing on Sunday in the secondary and replaced them with 3 young kids. Lot of looking around at each other after blown coverages this year.

2.) Nick Saban (GOAT)
*Mich State- 7-6
*LSU - 8-4
*Alabama 7-6
3.) Pete Carol - USC 7-6
4.) Dabo Swinney- 8-5

We are losing to teams that we are favored to beat by double digits. We are losing to teams who have no positional/personnel advantages over us. That's why we're ******* mad!!!!

Advertisement
We lost 3 guys who are playing on Sunday in the secondary and replaced them with 3 young kids. Lot of looking around at each other after blown coverages this year.

So he did a **** job preparing for the future is what you are saying.

To be fair. No team is showing improvement with 6 and 7 losses. Teams with that many losses will always appear to have coaching and issues with consistency

This is all cute but you lost me after we lost to GT. They’re the biggest rebuild you’ll ever come across in cfb.

They have a rb at qb , a small undersized ol that’s done nothing but dive at knees , wr’s brought in to block and are now trying to run a normal offense.

Yeah, we just lost to them , while they ran qb power **** near all game.

Im not saying to fire manny but you’re smoking crack if you don’t see red flags popping up everywhere.

Advertisement
This is all cute but you lost me after we lost to GT. They’re the biggest rebuild you’ll ever come across in cfb.

They have a rb at qb , a small undersized ol that’s done nothing but dive at knees , wr’s brought in to block and are now trying to run a normal offense.

Yeah, we just lost to them , while they ran qb power **** near all game.

Im not saying to fire manny but you’re smoking crack if you don’t see red flags popping up everywhere.
I don’t understand the substitution by Manny and the coaches. How can you say #34 was doing ok when armchair QBs like us could clearly see G Tech running directly at him.

You play Tate heavily in the first game just for him to see no playing time since.

Mark Pope has a huge game then he is unseen.

Hightower does well after the Florida game to be unseen since. Brooks clearly can play but unseen as well. Why it took so long for hill and Bid R to play more at defensive end

Advertisement
Back