No Need To Complain About Coaching In Year One. History Says So

Advertisement
The average wins among the coaches you listed is 7. Do you honestly believe we reach 7-8 win? None of those coaches ever seemed in over there heads. Most had a strong track record. Manny doesn't.

This. If Manny won 8 or 9 games with this incredibly weak schedule, people would not be thrilled but would not be calling for his head either. BUT he is most likely not going to win more than 4 or 5 games this year, not more than 1 or 2 conference wins in the ****tiest division of the lousiest conference in all of college football. That is abysmal and there is no coming back from that. Not to mention he’s a horrible recruiter and doesn’t have even one decent recruiter on staff. He’s dead man walking IMO.

I literally laughed out loud at how homophobic and regressive you are. Not only is your handle homophobic, but you managed to make 3 different derogatory comments towards *** folks and women in the span of 7 sentences. Honestly, when I got to "feminazis" I LOLed. The over-compensation was just over-the-top.

But then I seriously questioned whether I should even bring this up, because there is a very high likelihood that such a militant homophobe is obliviously closeted, which is very sad, and actually not funny at all.

But I changed my mind and decided to roll the dice. You're probably just a run-of-the-mill meathead.

You’re the type of snowflake ****** that has infiltrated himself into our highest institutions, just like Flake James and his BOT feminazi army. No doubt in my mind that you’re either a Gaytor troll or a Hecht employee.

Go spread your nefarious agenda somewhere else, princess. This is a Canes board for people that actually care about the legacy that was built on blood, sweat and tears by many great players and coaches. Take your loser mentality back to Hicksville with you.

You’re the type of snowflake ****** that has infiltrated himself into our highest institutions, just like Flake James and his BOT feminazi army. No doubt in my mind that you’re either a Gaytor troll or a Hecht employee.

Go spread your nefarious agenda somewhere else, princess. This is a Canes board for people that actually care about the legacy that was built on blood, sweat and tears by many great players and coaches. Take your loser mentality back to Hicksville with you.

LOL. I am neither of those things but am amused by your conspiracy theorist paranoia.

I know what IT is and Manny Diaz doesn't have it.

You haven't seen enough, OP? Do you enjoy watching your wife with other men, too?

These are the times that try men's souls. Are you a sunshine patriot or a winter soldier? Let us know.

Too much sunshine already on the field for these Miami Hurricanes. Too many of'em just happy to be here. I'm going to be over here where its dark and **** is hot. Somebody needs to stand up for this orange and green. Guess its gotta be me.

Advertisement
The huge obstacle to any improvement is that Manny cant really improve the staff. He didnt have a lot of credibility to start with, but some quality assistants might have believed in a fresh start. Now they see a dead man walking. He might find a diamond in the rough like Dabo did with his OC, but Diaz thought he had hidden gems in Blake Baker and Butch Barry. His big name get was Enos. Diaz isn't good at picking coaching talent. Diaz needed to hit out of the park with his initial hires, but he blew it. He might actually just be going through first season woes, but if he keeps this staff it's a mistake. If he hires a new staff, his track record for getting quality help is not promising and he's almost certainly not getting legit staffers like Bedenbaugh.

I'm not buying the 1st year failure into future greatness garbage. 1st year failures are far more often just future failures

Fact is: Manny took over a team that he claimed and Everyone agreed was simply underperforming (especially offensively)...... All that was needed was to release the Krakon on offense by moving away from Richt stale offensive approach

Manny thought he solved the offensive issues by hiring Enos and giving him free rein .....and hiring a Mini-me Defensive Coordinator in Baker. Along with his bluster and trinkets, that is the extent of his contribution.

As for being the the HC .....all he had to do was sit back, buckle up and watch this baby take off......he was so confident in his approach that he felt NO need for him improve his strategic, game planning and overall leadership skills....to learn how to actually become a great coach

He was so confident in his hands off approach that he spent most of his time developing trinkets and talking about the old Miami traditions and fire that good coaches such as Schnelly, JJ, Erickson, Davis brought to table.......He acted as if by simply mentioning we going to get back to those standards it would automatically happen....he didn't realize that those coaches worked hard to gain skills , improve themselves and learn how to be great and how to plan ......Manny was always a gambler who thought he could force things to happen

The team as a whole had only heard about the past our success...but not about the hard work and effort by both the players and coaches to get there, and the continual self improvement needed to stay ahead of your competition.....Manny was not able to convey or show through his own efforts ANY of those standards......he could only talk about them.

The players tried to instill standards on their own ,,,,but their efforts had to be channeled and directed to be applied effectively...Manny, unlike our previous good coaches had NO clue how to do so...nor the inclination to learn how to....he just expected results through talk and bluster.
manny5.gif

he thought all that you have to do is showup and the skills required for coaching greatness would just flow into you....like Salsa

Watching him getting so thoroughly exposed is almost too painful to watch.

Step down Manny. For your own and the Canes sakes. Step down

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back