No Need To Complain About Coaching In Year One. History Says So

Advertisement
The problem here is Manny has had a big talent advantage over every team we've lost to with the exception of Florida. Thats not the case with those coaches you listed above. Thats what concerns me
What I am getting at is this. You could have said the same thing about those schools Mentioned. But history has shown over and over again that first year head coaches typically post underwhelming numbers despite a talent advantage

You really can’t learn much from a Head Coaches first season.

History has told us that many times, yet we want to fly banners and fire everyone all the way down to the janitor.

The coaches who are considered the top in their field have all posted underwhelming records their first years

1.) Tom Herman - Texas 7-6
2.) Nick Saban (GOAT)
*Miss State- 7-6
*LSU - 8-4
*Alabama 7-6
3.) Pete Carol - USC 7-6
4.) Dabo Swinney- 8-5
5.) Jim Tressel - Ohio State -7-5
6.) Jimmy Johnson - UM - 8-5

The truth is almost every Head Coach flopped their first season after taking over a program on the decline. It didn’t matter how great they were or their experience level, the first year results were pretty much the same. Multiple losses with bad performances.

You have to ask yourself, why are you so upset if you know the first season of a new head coach is multiple losses? History has shown that time and time again

We have won the coastal once in 15 years and you guys were pencilling in a 10 and 11 win season? Bro if Kansas, Wake Forest or another school fans were upset with not winning 10 or 11 games you would laugh them off the Internet. The reality is harsh. Those schools have won just as many conference titles and divisions titles in the last 15 years as UM

For the first two years, the fans need to do their part in making the program look attractive. If after year two and their is no improvement then it’s ok to voice concerns and ask for a new situation
giphy.gif

Not one of those guys posted a losing record in their first year. Manny will be lucky to win 4 games his first year against a schedule of ****** teams. 10 of the teams don't even come close to the talent level Manny has. Kansas and WF don't have near the talent Miami has. The difference is, those teams are apparently being coached up while Miami is being coached down.
That’s the disturbing thing. He is taking a 7 and 6 team and making it 4 and 8 or 5 and 7.

Advertisement
It’s not a big deal he loses some guys his first year but he’s been here for 5 years or whatever, he witnessed first hand what this team needs and it’s the same issues

he’s playing merry go round with the kickers, last night saying this is a rebuild after saying this team is ready to win in the summer

we were massive favorites against GT, a team who is really rebuilding, and VT and we lost outright

Advertisement
Like I say Everytime some idiot brings this up: 1. They didn’t coach in the pathetic corstal division 2. There are 634 coaches for every Dabo, Herman who started off ****** and remained ****** because.....they were ******. I don’t like your odds

You really can’t learn much from a Head Coaches first season.

History has told us that many times, yet we want to fly banners and fire everyone all the way down to the janitor.

The coaches who are considered the top in their field have all posted underwhelming records their first years

1.) Tom Herman - Texas 7-6
2.) Nick Saban (GOAT)
*Mich State- 7-6
*LSU - 8-4
*Alabama 7-6
3.) Pete Carol - USC 7-6
4.) Dabo Swinney- 8-5
5.) Jim Tressel - Ohio State -7-5
6.) Jimmy Johnson - UM - 8-5

The truth is almost every Head Coach flopped their first season after taking over a program on the decline. It didn’t matter how great they were or their experience level, the first year results were pretty much the same. Multiple losses with bad performances.

You have to ask yourself, why are you so upset if you know the first season of a new head coach is multiple losses? History has shown that time and time again

We have won the coastal once in 15 years and you guys were pencilling in a 10 and 11 win season? Bro if Kansas, Wake Forest or another school fans were upset with not winning 10 or 11 games you would laugh them off the Internet. The reality is harsh. Those schools have won just as many conference titles and divisions titles in the last 15 years as UM

For the first two years, the fans need to do their part in making the program look attractive. If after year two and their is no improvement then it’s ok to voice concerns and ask for a new situation
Herman first job was houston and he went 13-1 his first year.

Advertisement
I can agree with that statement. In year one there is a bit of on the job training. You have to evaluate the talent you have. The problem is that on defense we shouldn't have that issue because these are the same guys Manny was coaching. I can understand that our offense being a little inconsistent, but our defense has clearly regressed. Manny being more involved with the defense tells me that he's not happy with it and maybe he thinks he made a bad hire with Blake, but his involvement should clean up some of it. However, the most glaring issue are the little things that aren't getting done. We can't even do basic stuff like tackle. Same goes for the offense. Basic stuff like our abs holding on to the ball for too long. The first td for Ga Tech, there was no excuse for it. Perry needs to know get rid of it. So does Williams. Stop running around and hoping someone gets open. Throw it away and regroup for the next down.

Advertisement
I can agree with that statement. In year one there is a bit of on the job training. You have to evaluate the talent you have. The problem is that on defense we shouldn't have that issue because these are the same guys Manny was coaching. I can understand that our offense being a little inconsistent, but our defense has clearly regressed. Manny being more involved with the defense tells me that he's not happy with it and maybe he thinks he made a bad hire with Blake, but his involvement should clean up some of it. However, the most glaring issue are the little things that aren't getting done. We can't even do basic stuff like tackle. Same goes for the offense. Basic stuff like our abs holding on to the ball for too long. The first td for Ga Tech, there was no excuse for it. Perry needs to know get rid of it. So does Williams. Stop running around and hoping someone gets open. Throw it away and regroup for the next down.
manny defense is overrated. get the striker crap outta my face. this guy can't develop anyone. EVERY competent QB/OC combo we have faced since he was DC have raped him

Last edited:
And I asked the OP a question. Do you want to answer it?
Sure.

It's impossible to list all of the failures because they're too numerous. OP has cherry picked one or two who are the exceptions in hopes that our current failure in progress head coach will somehow join that small fraction of a percent should we give him time.

The likelihood of that in the face of the evidence we currently have is infinitesimally small.

Sure.

It's impossible to list all of the failures because they're too numerous. OP has cherry picked one or two who are the exceptions in hopes that our current failure in progress head coach will somehow join that small fraction of a percent should we give him time.

The likelihood of that in the face of the evidence we currently have is infinitesimally small.

So you're saying the OP is insanely dumb?

Advertisement
Back