No John Lilly

Advertisement
C'mon guys really? Miami is unique due the number of highly talented players that are in the area, but the uniques stops right there.

Miami isn't unique due to the number of highly talented players in the area. Miami is unique due to the number of good players in the area. There is a difference.

Miami players are not uniquely big or fast. Texas has bigger players and better track guys. Miami players just play the game better. A Miami defensive player doesn't just jump on a fumble. A Miami player scoops and scores.

That comes from intense Pop Warner competition beginning at the age of 5. They just have more reps of competitive football. Miami has dominated Pop Warner for years. That's why so many guys excel in the NFL. They are comfortable with cutthroat competition.

Guys like Antonio Brown, Lavonte David and Elvis Dumervil are not combine stars. They are just better at playing the game.

Define dominate in pop warner? Where I grew up you played in a city/county league until middle school. It wasn't like baseball where a pop warner team traveled across the state to play a game. If we want to start posting material from a site I suppose Warner Robbins GA is the baseball capital of the world since they have more Little League World Series titles then any other city in the past 10 years or how about Kennesaw GA because they win more Dizzy Dean Baseball World Series?

Last and one like to never acknowledge

Draft Stats Part 2: Cities And Counties - Nfl - Scout

Metro Atlanta had more players drafted last year than south Florida and more per capital. I am not arguing that Dade county won't put more players in the league year in and year out but to say the players are more cut throat and more competitive when we recruit players that are the wrong size and quit in the 3rd quarter is silly. If Miami is all about making those fast safetys linebackers you would think it means that the strength programs are not very good down there.

Strawman argument. Explain to me how he is dominating with only three kids from South Florida, and NONE from Miami.

Two of his best players are from South Florida and he's in the middle of bum**** Alabama. What does that tell you?

There are players everywhere. The highest concentration of great players is here. Our school is here. Exploiting that advantage should be our primary focus. It's not complicated.

Metro Atlanta had more players drafted last year than south Florida and more per capital.

That same study says that there are 122 Metro Miami players in the NFL, compared to 70 from Metro Atlanta. Metro Miami and Metro Atlanta both have about 6 million people. That's about 75% more players with the same population. And in terms of Pro Bowlers, it's domination.

Daddy, where do NFL players come from? - Nfl - Scout

Advertisement
Strawman argument. Explain to me how he is dominating with only three kids from South Florida, and NONE from Miami.

Two of his best players are from South Florida and he's in the middle of bum**** Alabama. What does that tell you?

There are players everywhere. The highest concentration of great players is here. Our school is here. Exploiting that advantage should be our primary focus. It's not complicated.

You're changing the argument. You claimed that kids in Miami play at some different, elite level than anywhere else in the country. In five years of recruiting, the four best teams in the country ended up with 11 total players from South Florida. That's 20 recruiting classes, and 11 total players.

You need to stick with "most players", because that's how we end up seeing Miami kids playing at Western Kentucky and Toledo. Different level? None of the elite programs seem to believe that.

Understandable, it's just when you say things like Miami players have a different Drive to compete than other areas that may be true for some states but definitely not Georgia

Metro Atlanta had more players drafted last year than south Florida and more per capital.

That same study says that there are 122 Metro Miami players in the NFL, compared to 70 from Metro Atlanta. Metro Miami and Metro Atlanta both have about 6 million people. That's about 75% more players with the same population. And in terms of Pro Bowlers, it's domination.

Bro, you gotta get away from this NFL thing. To be on an NFL roster, a kid would have played in high school at minimum four years ago. You're living in the past.

The point is times are changing and the margin is shrinking. While Metro Miami will likely still put more players in the league the idea a coach has to be different to coach Miami than UGA is silly. If he can coach and develop then let's get him.

Advertisement

Understandable, it's just when you say things like Miami players have a different Drive to compete than other areas that may be true for some states but definitely not Georgia

It's not true when comparing it to any region. We have seen some real puzzies come out of Miami, while teams like Oklahoma and Michigan State always have bad asses who will rip your head off.

It's not true when comparing it to any region. We have seen some real puzzies come out of Miami, while teams like Oklahoma and Michigan State always have bad asses who will rip your head off.

are you sure you're not arguing for the sake of arguing at this point?

Bro, you gotta get away from this NFL thing. To be on an NFL roster, a kid would have played in high school at minimum four years ago. You're living in the past.

The NFL is the most objective measure of football talent. It's the best evidence we have, and it's overwhelming. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean we shouldn't use it.

What more recent evidence would you need? The sophomore running back carrying the FSU program? The dominant freshman South Florida receiver who replaced Alabama's last dominant South Florida receiver? The best defensive lineman in the country? The best run-blocker in the country? The top-rated passer in the country? The Florida freshman swinging games in the SEC?

What is recent enough for you?

True, we need savages no matter where they are from

Advertisement

He is, he is saying essentially great players come from a lot of states

This is actually an adult discussion with no insults. If you have something to add, please do so. If you have some evidence that kids from Miami play at a higher level than kids from somewhere else, please share.

The NFL is the most objective measure of football talent. It's the best evidence we have, and it's overwhelming. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean we shouldn't use it.

What more recent evidence would you need? The sophomore running back carrying the FSU program? The dominant freshman South Florida receiver who replaced Alabama's last dominant South Florida receiver? The best defensive lineman in the country? The best run-blocker in the country? The top-rated passer in the country? The Florida freshman swinging games in the SEC?

Those are great examples. Now would it shock you if I provided a whole list of elite players who have never set foot in South Florida?

Remember what your argument was: Miami players do it at a higher level. But I could come up with a whole All-American domination team that doesn't have anyone from South Florida.

Bottom line: Miami has MORE because of the football focus in the area. But it's silly to say that they come out better than everyone else. Like I have repeated many times, the best programs in the country are somehow able to find savages all over the country with very little emphasis on South Florida.

Advertisement

Those are great examples. Now would it shock you if I provided a whole list of elite players who have never set foot in South Florida?

Remember what your argument was: Miami players do it at a higher level. But I could come up with a whole All-American domination team that doesn't have anyone from South Florida.

Bottom line: Miami has MORE because of the football focus in the area. But it's silly to say that they come out better than everyone else. Like I have repeated many times, the best programs in the country are somehow able to find savages all over the country with very little emphasis on South Florida.

Great post

Who is a better player, Stacey Coley or Fred Gibson and who would you want on your college team?

Remember what your argument was: Miami players do it at a higher level.

Miami players do it at a higher level on average. I played football in South Florida. I wasn't very good. Am I saying that I am a better player than JJ Watt? Of course not. But you know this already.

Bottom line: Miami has MORE because of the football focus in the area.

Agreed. So what's your argument?

i think the argument should be sure there are alot of great players across this country. that said there are more of them at skill positions then any state out there. south florida alone has over 100 div 1 plays alone every year. don't get me wrong. cali, texas, georgia, have great players as does chicago, detroit etc.

south florida though has a higher pct of great players and alot more of them especially at skill positions. miami should never have to leave the 90 mile area around miami for wr's. rb', dbs, unless u are going for elite players. dt's oline, qb's sometimes u have to leave florida but in the end being at miami means u have top talent 90 miles from campus in droves.

u shouldn't have to leave that 90 mile area unless u are going for 5 stars.

Advertisement
Back