No John Lilly

The amount of nfl players from three south fla counties is all the evidence you need. It's not even a discussion.

Anybody that thinks it's even a debate is either a troll or mentally challenged.

Advertisement
Last and one like to never acknowledge

Draft Stats Part 2: Cities And Counties - Nfl - Scout

Metro Atlanta had more players drafted last year than south Florida and more per capital.

That same study says that there are 122 Metro Miami players in the NFL, compared to 70 from Metro Atlanta. Metro Miami and Metro Atlanta both have about 6 million people. That's about 75% more players with the same population. And in terms of Pro Bowlers, it's domination.

Daddy, where do NFL players come from? - Nfl - Scout

Problem is you are counting the history that can span up to 15 years. It doesn't show the steady narrowing of the gap which the story I linked indicates. Simply put teams are winning without players from Miami and those players are making it to the NFL. I am not saying we still shouldn't recruit south Florida and most of our players shouldn't come from there but the idea that these players are somehow better off due to the culture of Miami and the gap is widening is just plane wrong.

The amount of nfl players from three south fla counties is all the evidence you need. It's not even a discussion.

Anybody that thinks it's even a debate is either a troll or mentally challenged.

How is it a troll? It is known that ga recently has recently started to be considered ahead of Texas, Cali and other states in terms of producing talent so those numbers are expected. A fact is that metro Atlanta put more talent into the league this year than south Florida did.

Metro Atlanta had more players drafted last year than south Florida and more per capital.

That same study says that there are 122 Metro Miami players in the NFL, compared to 70 from Metro Atlanta. Metro Miami and Metro Atlanta both have about 6 million people. That's about 75% more players with the same population. And in terms of Pro Bowlers, it's domination.

Problem is you are counting the history that can span up to 15 years. It doesn't show the steady narrowing of the gap which the story I linked indicates. Simply put teams are winning without players from Miami and those players are making it to the NFL. I am not saying we still shouldn't recruit south Florida and most of our players shouldn't come from there but the idea that these players are somehow better off due to the culture of Miami and the gap is widening is just plane wrong.

How is it a troll? It is known that ga recently has recently started to be considered ahead of Texas, Cali and other states in terms of producing talent so those numbers are expected. A fact is that metro Atlanta put more talent into the league this year than south Florida did.

What's one year prove? I'm going over history and current numbers in the league. It's not a debate, not close .

No area in the nation is in the stratosphere . It's just stupid to debate, it's factual

Advertisement

The 10 High Schools That Produce The Most NFL Players In America

This article is from 2014.

Five of the top ten high schools in America with most players in the league are from south fla. Fifty percent of the " entire country" are from from the same area.

End debate. Good night

And plus I'm not arguing against the notion that south Florida puts the most talent in the league. It does. What I'm saying is ridiculous is when people say it's just different or they are on another level, or have a different drive because they are from Miami. What kind of drive do you think kids from Louisiana and Atlanta have who live in the same environments probably worse? I don't agree with that at all. Look the area is great in terms of talent, the best.... But it doesn't dismiss the fact that people try to discredit what other areas can do in terms of producing high level athletes because they have a south Florida bias. Great football players come from every where. Bama has showed that, Clemson has, Oklahoma and Michigan state certainly has

Last edited:

More TALENT into the league? Or more players?

Top 10 Picks of Draft
South Florida: 2
Georgia: 1
Metro Atlanta: 0

First Round
South Florida: 3
Georgia: 4

Advertisement

More TALENT into the league? Or more players?

Top 10 Picks of Draft
South Florida: 2
Georgia: 1

First Round
South Florida: 3
Georgia: 4

More players

No one was debating who had more players in the NFL. That is a statistical fact. The arguments I was trying to make were as follows:

- The gap between players drafted out of South Florida and Metro Atlanta is closing.
- This is supported by the fact that despite metro Miami having more players in the NFL last year it was passed by Metro Atlanta, this is a fact and supports the gap is narrowing. You could argue that trend will stop but that is fair
- Second point was just because a guy is successful in the NFL doesn't mean he gave his team the chance to win better than another player therefore while this stat can be noted it isn't the end all way to measure. I used Fred Gibson and Stacey Coley as examples)
- I pointed out that despite seeing similar play time, both having NFL QB's (Morris and Kaaya for Coley and Green for Gibson) and both in a pro-style offense that Fred Gibson give his team the better chance to win. Gibson was better in every statistical category but Coley is going to make money in the league whereas Gibson did not. The point is we don't always give ourselves he best chance to win by recruiting guys that in 7 years will be great players.

Points I was not attempting to make
- We should not recruit 90% of our team from South Florida
- Other states produce better players
- Stacey Coley won't be as good as Fred Gibson in the NFL

College football isn't what it was in the 80's and 90's. The players are more developed and better positioned to handle raw athletes from south Florida. We can recruit the top players in Dade County but unless they can be coached up and put through proper strength and conditioning the best teams will still be SEC teams.

Advertisement

South Florida has five of top ten High Schools with most players in league. Fifty percent are from from the same area.

Good night

Not sure this means a lot but the article leaves out Valdosta GA which had 12 players.

Yeah south ga produce a ton of talent as well with schools like Valdosta, colquitt, north side Warner Robins and the list goes on in on

South Florida has five of top ten High Schools with most players in league. Fifty percent are from from the same area.

Good night

Not sure this means a lot but the article leaves out Valdosta GA which had 12 players.

This is from May 2014, so I'm sure that's up to the 2013 season .

I think it says a lot, I've also seen other stats about three counties in south Florida had more nfl players than 12 states I've also read article after article over the years about the huge gap with south Florida and everyone else . It is what it is.

Does that mean La , Cal , Tex and Ga don't have sections that put out big numbers? No , but it's been obvious for year where the best players come from, stats don't lie

Advertisement
No one was debating who had more players in the NFL. That is a statistical fact. The arguments I was trying to make were as follows:

- The gap between players drafted out of South Florida and Metro Atlanta is closing.
- This is supported by the fact that despite metro Miami having more players in the NFL last year it was passed by Metro Atlanta, this is a fact and supports the gap is narrowing. You could argue that trend will stop but that is fair
- Second point was just because a guy is successful in the NFL doesn't mean he gave his team the chance to win better than another player therefore while this stat can be noted it isn't the end all way to measure. I used Fred Gibson and Stacey Coley as examples)
- I pointed out that despite seeing similar play time, both having NFL QB's (Morris and Kaaya for Coley and Green for Gibson) and both in a pro-style offense that Fred Gibson give his team the better chance to win. Gibson was better in every statistical category but Coley is going to make money in the league whereas Gibson did not. The point is we don't always give ourselves he best chance to win by recruiting guys that in 7 years will be great players.

Points I was not attempting to make
- We should not recruit 90% of our team from South Florida
- Other states produce better players
- Stacey Coley won't be as good as Fred Gibson in the NFL

College football isn't what it was in the 80's and 90's. The players are more developed and better positioned to handle raw athletes from south Florida. We can recruit the top players in Dade County but unless they can be coached up and put through proper strength and conditioning the best teams will still be SEC teams.

I agree , I get you and Brock Landers point

Good night

This is from May 2014, so I'm sure that's up to the 2013 season .

I think it says a lot, I've also seen other stats about three counties in south Florida had more nfl players than 12 states I've also read article after article over the years about the huge gap with south Florida and everyone else . It is what it is.

Does that mean La , Cal , Tex and Ga don't have sections that put out big numbers? No , but it's been obvious for year where the best players come from, stats don't lie

Valdosta is more of a has been as I don't think they have put any players in the league in probably 10 years. I was just pointing out the article missed them and they are the most winningest high school program in the country. They have 23 state titles and 6 national titles though their last state title was 1998 so maybe the article doesn't look far enough back in time.

I agree the best players come from Florida and specifically the tri-county area.

I kind of put that together, but why is there this negativity that he turned down the gig? Was/Is he a stud that Richt whiffed on?

I'd be inclined to believe Richt wanted to give his previous staff first dibs to come with him, and if not he would certainly have other candidates. I personally don't see this as a huge or even a big deal.

Advertisement
Back