Nkosi

Kosi will be a serviceable veteran upperclassmen backup.

His accuracy & decision making is just too insufficient for him to really be a starter here.

Now granted, he's played in two terrible archaic systems under Richt & Enox, so there is a possibility that in an uptempo Spread he fits well in Lashlee's system & can improve, but the question becomes can he/will he improve enough in order to be trusted to win enough games that we can be a legit Coastal contender...

I think this season will be very good for him as the backup behind King, maye after a season in the Lashlee offense he'll continue to maturate to where he gives himself a good shot to win the QB comp for the 21 season, although I wouldn't bank on it.

TVD has the most arm talent & upside in the QB room outside of King, the only trepidation I have with him is I don't trust Enox's QB evals & he still has a bit of a Baseball/Pitchers wind up, other than that he has really good potential to be a very good QB.

But the kid who's the most slept on is Peyton Matocha, he's a Texas boy who was a late bloomer in HS, but is actually a pretty good athlete, he was a track & field kid & a High jumper in HS, has good mobility, big 6'4 size & can sling it, plus he has familiarity with playing in a Spread Offense having played in one in HS at St. Thomas in HTown.

I'm not saying he's going to be starter or anything, I'm just saying he's a kid that a lot of people sleep on but could come out of nowhere & throw his hat in the race come Spring 21.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think Nkosi is going to become great here at Miami. I hope he stays. Without making this too long, I know we saw struggle last year with him, and he had every opportunity to take the job from Williams, and he just didn't do it. I really think the kid is so football smart, he knows plays are not going to work. When he was being coached by Richt and Sons llc. He got put in the dog house for changing plays. His most success he had (Fsu), was when he took it upon himself to change plays that were called.

Kaaya in Richts, best year of offense did this as well. I used to ask myself why Kaaya would come off from throwing a touchdown and Richt would be asking him questions and in his face instead of celebrating the success. Richt hated when you didn't only use the one side of the field that he determined. (Check out orange bowl boys interview with Rosier) So when Kosi did it Richt was not having it! Enos was bad, Jon Richt was horrible for the kid. He and Lashlee in 2021 could legitimately be dominant. Let's talk about it!
:2h3mpi1:

I’m a fan of Perry’s. Let’s see how he performs during Mop up duty this year.

Bad QBs can’t come off the bench and even do what he did against VT.

I know they are highlights. But terrible QBs can’t even get a highlight tape.

There’s enough on film to like about Perry and his arm talent. Can he put the mental part of the game together?

Will TVD or another surpass him in this area before ‘21?

This type of offense with Lashlee is low key made for him. And Perry is plenty mobile with his legs.

Not sure I’m rattling my first time starter against Alabama in ‘21. That type of **** Can kill a kids confidence. If we don’t land another grad transfer. I’d like to start Perry vs Bama and let the rest of the cards fall where they may.

Last edited:
I applaud him for the efforts he's made to clean up his act, but he's not the answer to our problems. I hope he never has to take a meaningful snap for UM ever again
Wow bro harsh much? Bet you was hyped af when he committed lol

Just imagine if we had a QB coach worth a **** the whole time he was here. We wouldn't be trying to dog the young man.

Advertisement
Kosi will be a serviceable veteran upperclassmen backup.

His accuracy & decision making is just too insufficient for him to really be a starter here.

Now granted, he's played in two terrible archaic systems under Richt & Enox, so there is a possibility that in an uptempo Spread he fits well in Lashlee's system & can improve, but the question becomes can he/will he improve enough in order to be trusted to win enough games that we can be a legit Coastal contender...

I think this season will be very good for him as the backup behind King, maye after a season in the Lashlee offense he'll continue to maturate to where he gives himself a good shot to win the QB comp for the 21 season, although I wouldn't bank on it.

TVD has the most arm talent & upside in the QB room outside of King, the only trepidation I have with him is I don't trust Enox's QB evals & he still has a bit of a Baseball/Pitchers wind up, other than that he has really good potential to be a very good QB.

But the kid who's the most slept on is Peyton Matocha, he's a Texas boy who was a late bloomer in HS, but is actually a pretty good athlete, he was a track & field kid & a High jumper in HS, has good mobility, big 6'4 size & can sling it, plus he has familiarity with playing in a Spread Offense having played in one in HS at St. Thomas in HTown.

I'm not saying he's going to be starter or anything, I'm just saying he's a kid that a lot of people sleep on but could come out of nowhere & throw his hat in the race come Spring 21.
I’ll defer to you LCE but I’m not too sure about TVD having better arm talent then Kosi. Kosi can sling the rock no doubt...

Good post except the "weak arm" part. He has a rocket. Enos was changing his delivery and asking him to take some off his throws and he was not adjusting to it well. So you saw some floaters and then you saw overthrows that sucked too. The development has been horrible for the kid, but all the natural tools are there that he needs.
Lol at he has a Rocket....Stop it...

An uptempo spread should help cover some of Perry's deficiencies (decision-making) while getting more use of his athletic traits. It is a much better offense for him. Also, I appreciate how he seems to have matured in the last year.

That said, his struggles with accuracy and consistency will likely prevent him from really shining. If he can't improve those aspects of his game, I won't expect much more than "very solid QB2."

I think he starts next year for what its worth. This offense really is tailor made for his ability. So we shall see.

Advertisement
We will see, as of rn King starting is the only thing that is certain, once he is gone everything we sort itself out.

Everyone should appreciate kosi because the new era of quarterbacks transfer after 2-3 seasons if there not starting. Especially kids who are as highly rated as he was coming out of high school.

Advertisement
Now granted, he's played in two terrible archaic systems under Richt & Enox
I maintain that there's nothing archaic about a 'Pro style' offence. Richt and Enos' offences ended up being incredibly simple - I think that's due to the players running them at QB. We saw a flash of what I was expecting from Enos during the opening drive of the Florida game - it appears it took him all off-season to implement that one drive as we never saw it again!

I won't argue that they weren't terrible though!

I maintain that there's nothing archaic about a 'Pro style' offence. Richt and Enos' offences ended up being incredibly simple - I think that's due to the players running them at QB. We saw a flash of what I was expecting from Enos during the opening drive of the Florida game - it appears it took him all off-season to implement that one drive as we never saw it again!

Enos’ offense was the exact opposite of simple. It was incredibly over complicated. The QB’s he to play with a phone book strapped to their arm. The key to a good college offense is simple but not predictable. Richt’s offense was too simple. The passing game was literally high school stuff. Half field reads, limited route tree, tons of mirrored concepts that opponents knew were coming. I honestly believe Richt wanted to run a spread system but didn’t know how to implement it. Since all his offensive assistants were friends and family with no real experience, there was nobody to help him.

Enos’ offense was the exact opposite of simple. It was incredibly over complicated. The QB’s he to play with a phone book strapped to their arm. The key to a good college offense is simple but not predictable. Richt’s offense was too simple. The passing game was literally high school stuff. Half field reads, limited route tree, tons of mirrored concepts that opponents knew were coming. I honestly believe Richt wanted to run a spread system but didn’t know how to implement it. Since all his offensive assistants were friends and family with no real experience, there was nobody to help him.
They went out there with a phonebook on their arms, but opposing defences always seemed to know what was coming.

Funny that.

Advertisement
I had to look it up because everyone keeps talking about Nkosi and next year but for some reason I been thinking this upcoming year was his last.

They went out there with a phonebook on their arms, but opposing defences always seemed to know what was coming.

Funny that.
Archaic and outdated offenses are easily stopped by modern defenses.

It's extremely archaic because it's personnel based & unless you have a road-grader Offensive line it won't work.

It was not the players, it was the scheme that neutralized the players ability to maximize their strengths. It wouldn't have mattered who we had at QB, the scheme was no conducive to productivity.

Enox was the worst OC we've had in school history & that's not a hyperbolic opinion, it's statistical empirical fact.

His offense was horrendous & didn't fit the players we had, which resulted in them underperforming because they played in a scheme that actually made them worse.

Enox's atrocities didn't go unnoticed by college football, as evidenced by the fact he's been relegated to just being a RB's coach now, no team would hire him as an OC after that disaster he orchestrated.

Funny that.
Because his play call sequences were simplistic & telegraphed.

All you had to do was watch 1 half of game film on Enox's offense & had the whole thing down, because our protections were awful & ill-suited, our pass plays were elementary & we ran the same run plays on every down with long drawn out stretch zones where the backside goes uncovered & gets blown up in the backfield by the time the QB hands off the ball.

He had a slow non mobile QB with bad footwork & no pocket presence running 5-7 step drops like this was 1995, that shìt is retarded & any DC with an IQ above 60 could figure it out.

I don't understand how anyone on this board can still even think to try & let Enox off the hook, Idk of the season was too traumatic for fans where it's effected people's memory, but Enox was another level of terrible as a play caller & designer, his rigidity & stubbornness were a huge part of his failure too, he refused to make adjustments until it was too late & the season had already been lost.

He was the worst thing that's happened to this program since Al Folden & D'No, no one should ever defend him.

Advertisement
Back