Nkosi

An important discussion is who is the back up this year?

If history is any indication, King will probably get injured at some point this season. Hopefully it won't be anything significant, but he's going to be out at some point for at a minimum for a not insigificant amount of snaps in a game. It's going to happen.

Who can come in and keep the train rolling without making Lashlee spontaneously combust?

Gotta think 5 has the best shot. Would love to see the others step their game up as well tho.

Advertisement
If Malik can Turn it around and lead us to a 10-0 start, then I think Nkosi is certainly capable of developing beyond that level considering his tools. Would love to see him have a big SR. Year and beat Bama even!

Kinda weird but his high school tape resembles several of the QB's that we've recruited this cycle.

I'm just going to stop reading after page 1 and give my response because I'm 100% sure that somebody will say the same thing. Perry has indeed made strides in maturity and has stopped producing dorm **** so he can focus on the team. However he has also shown that he is a talented high school gun slinger that is capable of decent d1 qb play when he has to play. I agree that lashlee new system will make him much more effective. But perry will never be more than a capable short term backup who will end up with a great UM degree that allows him to build a wonderful respectful life for him and his family. I respect that tremendously. He has my full support

Advertisement
I think Nkosi is going to become great here at Miami. I hope he stays. Without making this too long, I know we saw struggle last year with him, and he had every opportunity to take the job from Williams, and he just didn't do it. I really think the kid is so football smart, he knows plays are not going to work. When he was being coached by Richt and Sons llc. He got put in the dog house for changing plays. His most success he had (Fsu), was when he took it upon himself to change plays that were called.

Kaaya in Richts, best year of offense did this as well. I used to ask myself why Kaaya would come off from throwing a touchdown and Richt would be asking him questions and in his face instead of celebrating the success. Richt hated when you didn't only use the one side of the field that he determined. (Check out orange bowl boys interview with Rosier) So when Kosi did it Richt was not having it! Enos was bad, Jon Richt was horrible for the kid. He and Lashlee in 2021 could legitimately be dominant. Let's talk about it!
Natural talent isn't the issue. A real offense and OC and some major personal maturation could really turn him into an effective qb.

I think Nkosi is going to become great here at Miami. I hope he stays. Without making this too long, I know we saw struggle last year with him, and he had every opportunity to take the job from Williams, and he just didn't do it. I really think the kid is so football smart, he knows plays are not going to work. When he was being coached by Richt and Sons llc. He got put in the dog house for changing plays. His most success he had (Fsu), was when he took it upon himself to change plays that were called.

Kaaya in Richts, best year of offense did this as well. I used to ask myself why Kaaya would come off from throwing a touchdown and Richt would be asking him questions and in his face instead of celebrating the success. Richt hated when you didn't only use the one side of the field that he determined. (Check out orange bowl boys interview with Rosier) So when Kosi did it Richt was not having it! Enos was bad, Jon Richt was horrible for the kid. He and Lashlee in 2021 could legitimately be dominant. Let's talk about it!

I don't see him beating King for the stating job.

Im pulling for him man. I would love to see him thrive in Lashlees offense next year. System caters to him, so i hope he can get it right. He needs to be ready this year in case the King gets nicked up.

It can. A lot of times with simplified reads, the QB knows where the ball is going before it's snapped. Much easier to set your feet and use the correct mechanics when you're not already thinking about four other things at the same time. That said, I don't believe any system would make Perry and accurate quarterback, he's just too erratic. A simpler offense might make him better than he's been but I just don't believe he'll ever be considered and "accurate" thrower.
Arm chair QBs

gotta love it

Advertisement
His most success is a game whre he went 13/32 for 204 yards and was pretty horrific for about 3Q and got lucky the defense bailed him out and gave him a short field because he couldn't put together a solid drive?

Oh
Pretty much That fsu game in a nutshell...I’d say his best game was against va tech this past szn

Possibly but he was finding his way, because all these years there was not any proper development. His growing pains is not what a high level recruit generally has to go through. Any qb you compare him too, should have 4 different coordinators, all horrible and bad olines too
My mans tried too throw a deep post against cover 3...thats a no no on the HS level..good to know the kosihive is alive and well tho

Advertisement
It can. A lot of times with simplified reads, the QB knows where the ball is going before it's snapped. Much easier to set your feet and use the correct mechanics when you're not already thinking about four other things at the same time. That said, I don't believe any system would make Perry and accurate quarterback, he's just too erratic. A simpler offense might make him better than he's been but I just don't believe he'll ever be considered and "accurate" thrower.
This is kosis biggest problem. You can’t go through entire games with the oc holding your hand and giving you Perfect pre snap Reads every play..not at this level. kosi struggles with making predetermined reads (see the game sealing pick vs LA TECH) much like Kyle wright. And also his accurac, again similar to Kyle Wright. I’ve seen kosi struggle with the simplistic reads far to often to have confidence he’s a OC away from being the level of player we need at QB..hopeful to be proven wrong

a lot. kaaya was doing it too. Easy to audible Richts playbook, just throw to the opposite side of the field he told you too. He was not allowing his qb's to use the whole field.
That’s not a audible..that’s executing a backside read...literally every offense has this..the only change I saw a QB Clearly make in MR O was a protection change, run play check, or a site adjustment to Counter a blitz or coverage..

Advertisement
This is kosis biggest problem. You can’t go through entire games with the oc holding your hand and giving you Perfect pre snap Reads every play..not at this level. kosi struggles with making predetermined reads (see the game sealing pick vs LA TECH) much like Kyle wright. And also his accurac, again similar to Kyle Wright. I’ve seen kosi struggle with the simplistic reads far to often to have confidence he’s a OC away from being the level of player we need at QB..hopeful to be proven wrong

I don’t disagree. A simpler system would help him but I don’t think he’s starting quarterback material. Some guys just don’t have it.

Richt was talking about GT throw on 4th down and he was right, Langham had two guys on him
I thought I heard him say it after the nole game but would not put money on it. But given Mark's great field coaching in that GT game, I can't blame Rosier for not doing what Mark called. That said, thanks for the correction.

Advertisement
Back