Nkosi

Advertisement
Are these the same audibles that got him benched against UVA?
Possibly but he was finding his way, because all these years there was not any proper development. His growing pains is not what a high level recruit generally has to go through. Any qb you compare him too, should have 4 different coordinators, all horrible and bad olines too

I think Nkosi is going to become great here at Miami. I hope he stays. Without making this too long, I know we saw struggle last year with him, and he had every opportunity to take the job from Williams, and he just didn't do it. I really think the kid is so football smart, he knows plays are not going to work. When he was being coached by Richt and Sons llc. He got put in the dog house for changing plays. His most success he had (Fsu), was when he took it upon himself to change plays that were called.

Kaaya in Richts, best year of offense did this as well. I used to ask myself why Kaaya would come off from throwing a touchdown and Richt would be asking him questions and in his face instead of celebrating the success. Richt hated when you didn't only use the one side of the field that he determined. (Check out orange bowl boys interview with Rosier) So when Kosi did it Richt was not having it! Enos was bad, Jon Richt was horrible for the kid. He and Lashlee in 2021 could legitimately be dominant. Let's talk about it!
Very interesting post.. Always fun to look ahead to 2021 (even though 2020 is on the horizon). I think Lashlee will watch how N’kosi and Van Dyke progress in 2020, which one of them fits best in his offensive scheme for 2021, and who gives us the best chance to win for that season. My personal opinion- I think it’s going to be N’kosi for 2021, I really do. If you watch his high school tape, Lashlee’s offense is probably the best fit for his skill type. N’kosi has the skill set to be a good QB- arm strength, mobility, prototypical size. We know this. Richt and Enos’ pro-style offense did not fit him at all.. N’kosi was also immature but he has since turned his life around, becoming more mature, a better student and dedicated to becoming a better player. Regardless, N’kosi will graduate this upcoming year so if Lashlee doesn’t believe he is the guy, he can graduate and go play somewhere else his last year- he deserves that. He’s a cane through and through in my book. Had to deal with a lot of coaching turnover and a lot of drama. If Lashlee doesn’t like/believe in either N’kosi or Van Dyke, they go the transfer portal route again and we know there will be a lot of QB’s in the portal.

We could do a lot worse for a backup. He's shown potential but he's also been messed with by three different QB coaches and three different schemes/playbooks. We'll see.
Exactly my thoughts. Year two in this system after sitting behind a leader like King. A much improved Oline, I really feel like next year he will be really poised because they are going to get the poison out.

Advertisement
I think Nkosi is going to become great here at Miami. I hope he stays. Without making this too long, I know we saw struggle last year with him, and he had every opportunity to take the job from Williams, and he just didn't do it. I really think the kid is so football smart, he knows plays are not going to work. When he was being coached by Richt and Sons llc. He got put in the dog house for changing plays. His most success he had (Fsu), was when he took it upon himself to change plays that were called.

Kaaya in Richts, best year of offense did this as well. I used to ask myself why Kaaya would come off from throwing a touchdown and Richt would be asking him questions and in his face instead of celebrating the success. Richt hated when you didn't only use the one side of the field that he determined. (Check out orange bowl boys interview with Rosier) So when Kosi did it Richt was not having it! Enos was bad, Jon Richt was horrible for the kid. He and Lashlee in 2021 could legitimately be dominant. Let's talk about it!
Too long

I just don't think he's accurate enough to be a dependable starting quarterback. There's just altogether too many easy passes that he's just sailed over the last two years. He's proven to be committed to the team and he seems to have cleaned up any off field issues so, I support him as a player but I don't want him to be a starting quarterback. He's just as likely to go 8-26 with three picks as he is to go 14-24 with three touch downs. He's a reasonable backup who can come in in a pinch and give you a chance to win but I don't believe he'll ever be accurate enough to counted on as a starter.

NKosi has plenty of arm talent. Just wasn't that good staying in pocket making progressions. Enos' system required balls of steel especially with our dysfunctional oline to hang in the pocket and make reads.

Lashlee's system requires quick reads, quick drops (as opposed to glacier like play action plays), and getting the ball out quickly.

Perry will look much better now. Just needs to work on accuracy.

I think he will be a solid back up to King.

Advertisement
As a Miami Hurricanes fan. it's hard to not root for Kosi. Hope he has a nice finish to his time at UM, whether he starts or not is a different story. He can become an asset in our locker room and is a proven good teammate.

Advertisement
I 100% agree with this. He needs proper (and consistent) coaching and a spread offense (which we have now). He’ll be the back up for the 2020 season, improve and learn Lashlee’s system. Next year, he will be a 5th year senior and I think he will be the starter.
If Perry is starting next year, we have major problems on our hands. I applaud the changes he's made personally and his commitment to the team and feel comfortable knowing that we have a capable this season in the event King gets hurt. Maybe he puts it all together and becomes a capable starter under Lashlee's tutelage.

The body of work of two seasons suggests that this will likely never happen. His ranking was inflated due to his measurables and beating up on crappy competition up in Ocala. He's weak of frame, has a long delivery, weak arm, isn't tremendously mobile and can't see the field. That's a recipe for poor QB play. Richt/Enos' offenses didn't help matters either but I doubt things would have been appreciatively better in a coherent system.

Van Dyke and Martell (historically has thrived in the spread) are our future at QB and I'd expect Perry to transfer after the season/in the spring once he graduates.

Advertisement
If Perry is starting next year, we have major problems on our hands. I applaud the changes he's made personally and his commitment to the team. I feel comfortable knowing we have a capable back-up this year in the event King gets hurt. Maybe he puts it all together and becomes a capable starter under Lashlee's tutelage.

That said, the body of work suggests that this will likely never happen. His ranking was inflated due to his measurables and beating up on crappy competition up in Ocala. He's weak of frame, has a long delivery, weak arm, isn't tremendously mobile and can't see the field. That's a recipe for poor QB play.

Van Dyke and Martel (historically thrives in spread) are our future at QB and expect Perry to transfer after the season/in the spring once he graduates.
Good post except the "weak arm" part. He has a rocket. Enos was changing his delivery and asking him to take some off his throws and he was not adjusting to it well. So you saw some floaters and then you saw overthrows that sucked too. The development has been horrible for the kid, but all the natural tools are there that he needs.

I've grown to really like N'Kosi. He has earned my respect back 100%. I'm glad he is still a Cane, but unfortunately for him, I just don't see him being able to crack the starting rotation with who we have now and who we think may be coming.

I would like to see him get some burn in blowout games this year.. (assuming we have some). I’m curious to see how he looks in Lashlee’s offense.

Advertisement
Back