Nkosi

Advertisement
I think Nkosi is going to become great here at Miami. I hope he stays. Without making this too long, I know we saw struggle last year with him, and he had every opportunity to take the job from Williams, and he just didn't do it. I really think the kid is so football smart, he knows plays are not going to work. When he was being coached by Richt and Sons llc. He got put in the dog house for changing plays. His most success he had (Fsu), was when he took it upon himself to change plays that were called.

Kaaya in Richts, best year of offense did this as well. I used to ask myself why Kaaya would come off from throwing a touchdown and Richt would be asking him questions and in his face instead of celebrating the success. Richt hated when you didn't only use the one side of the field that he determined. (Check out orange bowl boys interview with Rosier) So when Kosi did it Richt was not having it! Enos was bad, Jon Richt was horrible for the kid. He and Lashlee in 2021 could legitimately be dominant. Let's talk about it!
I have already gotten about Nikosi and Williams so can't say I agree but as far as Mark goes, I do. If I remember correctly after Rosier's last second TD toss in Tally to beat noles in 2017, Mark's commented that it was not the play he called and thrown to the wrong receiver, something like that. Hey, you can be about process but that crap means nothing without wins. Then again, Mark did coach under the most prolific choker in last moments of big games -- St Bobby himself.

If Perry is starting next year, we have major problems on our hands. I applaud the changes he's made personally and his commitment to the team and feel comfortable knowing that we have a capable this season in the event King gets hurt. Maybe he puts it all together and becomes a capable starter under Lashlee's tutelage.

The body of work of two seasons suggests that this will likely never happen. His ranking was inflated due to his measurables and beating up on crappy competition up in Ocala. He's weak of frame, has a long delivery, weak arm, isn't tremendously mobile and can't see the field. That's a recipe for poor QB play. Richt/Enos' offenses didn't help matters either but I doubt things would have been appreciatively better in a coherent system.

Van Dyke and Martell (historically has thrived in the spread) are our future at QB and I'd expect Perry to transfer after the season/in the spring once he graduates.
You may have swayed me haha. It’s also obvious Manny doesn’t want Perry to be the QB here. For me it’s hard to judge Perry based on the offenses he was forced into here. I think it handcuffed him. It is undeniable though that he is very inconsistent. Also, still don’t know why we took Martell last year to force him into a pro style offense. Not his game at all..

Man you guys give up on players so quickly. Can we see what Kosi is like after a year with an actual serious coordinator? How about after learning firsthand from D’Eriq King?

I’m not saying he’s suddenly going to be a choir boy, but some people take longer to mature than others.

In fact, laying the wood in Baxa’s girlfriend showed very impressive leadership

Advertisement
If Perry is starting next year, we have major problems on our hands. I applaud the changes he's made personally and his commitment to the team and feel comfortable knowing that we have a capable this season in the event King gets hurt. Maybe he puts it all together and becomes a capable starter under Lashlee's tutelage.

The body of work of two seasons suggests that this will likely never happen. His ranking was inflated due to his measurables and beating up on crappy competition up in Ocala. He's weak of frame, has a long delivery, weak arm, isn't tremendously mobile and can't see the field. That's a recipe for poor QB play. Richt/Enos' offenses didn't help matters either but I doubt things would have been appreciatively better in a coherent system.

Van Dyke and Martell (historically has thrived in the spread) are our future at QB and I'd expect Perry to transfer after the season/in the spring once he graduates.

I disagree with the "weak frame" comment. He is a tough runner and doesn't shy from contact. I also think his mobility is fine. Some of your other criticisms I agree with. I think the system he was required to play in hampered him a lot. If he was our starter I would not be that high on him. As an emergency back up I think he can win you some games. He already has shown that despite being in a system that limited him.

Perry actually is a good fit for Lashlee's offense. I like the fact that he sits behind King and gets a chance with a clean slate to get right. All I can say is Carson Palmer was a turnover machine and in year two Norm Chow made him a Heisman Tropy winner.

Offensive coordinators at the college level matter. I thought Dan Werner had Kyle Wright heading in the right direction in 2005. Coker fires Werner and then Wright got two jokers as OC, Rich Olson and Patrick Nix. Jacory Harris got Patrick Nix, Mark Whipple and Jedd Fisch. Think about that? BTW, Fisch is such a genius he has had 5 jobs in 8 years.

I think Nkosi is going to become great here at Miami. I hope he stays. Without making this too long, I know we saw struggle last year with him, and he had every opportunity to take the job from Williams, and he just didn't do it. I really think the kid is so football smart, he knows plays are not going to work. When he was being coached by Richt and Sons llc. He got put in the dog house for changing plays. His most success he had (Fsu), was when he took it upon himself to change plays that were called.

Kaaya in Richts, best year of offense did this as well. I used to ask myself why Kaaya would come off from throwing a touchdown and Richt would be asking him questions and in his face instead of celebrating the success. Richt hated when you didn't only use the one side of the field that he determined. (Check out orange bowl boys interview with Rosier) So when Kosi did it Richt was not having it! Enos was bad, Jon Richt was horrible for the kid. He and Lashlee in 2021 could legitimately be dominant. Let's talk about it!
When has Nkosi ever changed the plays?

Advertisement
I personally think we're heading for Grad Transfer QB in 2021 and they will compete with TVD and Perry in the Spring and winner is the starter going into the Summer.

So less decision making helps with accuracy?

lol
It can. A lot of times with simplified reads, the QB knows where the ball is going before it's snapped. Much easier to set your feet and use the correct mechanics when you're not already thinking about four other things at the same time. That said, I don't believe any system would make Perry and accurate quarterback, he's just too erratic. A simpler offense might make him better than he's been but I just don't believe he'll ever be considered and "accurate" thrower.

System is just the half of it. A lot of our Qbs struggled because they just were not the good. Of course Richt and Enos didn't do them any favors as well.
Right! Even discounting for the Enos/Richt debacle, there were just too many poor throws and bad decisions.

So less decision making helps with accuracy?

lol
If he's focused on the throw instead of other things, I suppose it's possible. It can't be easy to concentrate when you've got a bunch of reads and have to worry about being flattened.

Advertisement
Wow. He didn’t quit and leave like others. Kid is still young. Ship has NOT sailed.

he’s not young...it’s his 4th year and he will 100% be the backup this year. He will likely grad transfer Out after this year uNless hes sure he has the job for 2021

I personally think we're heading for Grad Transfer QB in 2021 and they will compete with TVD and Perry in the Spring and winner is the starter going into the Summer.
I think we're going for that whether or not we land one of these young arms, to be honest.

I have already gotten about Nikosi and Williams so can't say I agree but as far as Mark goes, I do. If I remember correctly after Rosier's last second TD toss in Tally to beat noles in 2017, Mark's commented that it was not the play he called and thrown to the wrong receiver, something like that. Hey, you can be about process but that crap means nothing without wins. Then again, Mark did coach under the most prolific choker in last moments of big games -- St Bobby himself.

Richt was talking about GT throw on 4th down and he was right, Langham had two guys on him

Advertisement
he’s not young...it’s his 4th year and he will 100% be the backup this year. He will likely grad transfer Out after this year uNless hes sure he has the job for 2021
Idk why? He's not a NFL talent so I doubt he's trying to impress NFL scouts. Why not just stay in Miami and finish what he started. Outside of King the only QB we have with NFL upside is TVD.

Social media can be misleading and it's dumb to even look at kids IG much.

But if you ever check in on King, his stories are around him being on the football field or gym basically 24.7.

I can't really remember the last time I looked at Kosi's page and he posted something gym/practice related.

I'm glad he's on the team. Seems to have become a great teammate as others alluded to. But if he isn't taking it upon himself to get reps everyday in his 4th year... then I doubt the lights are magically going to come on for him

Idk why? He's not a NFL talent so I doubt he's trying to impress NFL scouts. Why not just stay in Miami and finish what he started. Outside of King the only QB we have with NFL upside is TVD.

because finish what he started might mean sitting on the bench behind a sophomore ANd no one is going to do that if they have a choice. MOST people think playing at a G5 school is better than riding the bench at a P5 school... and it seems like all our guys think they are NFL talents, whether they are or not

Advertisement
Back