NKosi Perry Benched for Audibles and Going Out

Where has that narrative been posted, the "narrative" is it's no wonder the guy's had issues because he seems to be displaying the traits we've heard about and thus far his play has been a reflection of that.

You haven't heard about any traits...you don't know anyone on the staff or his high school staff that has alerted you or anyone here about anything.

Advertisement
Amazing how the narrative is Perry being the reason we are in a mess.

If the kid is any of these negatives hes being accused of, that is STILL ON RICHT. He recruited and signed the kid. He and his son coach the kid up.

Something I learned a long long time ago is to never blame the players for the failings of a team in college ball.

They're simpletons...it's what they ALWAYS do.

You haven't heard about any traits...you don't know anyone on the staff or his high school staff that has alerted you or anyone here about anything.

So what part of the coaching staff saying he needs to mature, commit and prepare himself do you need help understanding?

A serious question, what's your end game? Do you honestly think people harbor some hidden agenda against Perry?

" yeah, *** that kid, I only want to win with a white QB"

So what part of the coaching staff saying he needs to mature, commit and prepare himself do you need help understanding?
"

When did the staff say this...you have an actual quote or video clip of someone from the offensive staff saying this? We don't have ****..we are just passing along fake news like we work for CNN. & he's 19...what kind of maturity do they want? from a 19 year old. Does he attend practice? Does he work hard? Does he attend meetings? What do they want?

A serious question, what's your end game? Do you honestly think people harbor some hidden agenda against Perry?"

My end game? For the best players to play without politics and BS...that's it...I want the best players on the field. As long as they aren't breaking laws and school policy then I don't care what they do.

I know people harbor an agenda toward young black males.....even me in mid 30's have a tough time understanding everything these new age teenagers and at times, I am guilty of the same thing....but his IG feed is customary of every 19 year old in the country...athlete or not. I coach em every single day...they are a different breed...they'll have top and bottom row of pull out good teeth, tattoos, and be a full fledged honor student. These kids are different...

"yeah, *** that kid, I only want to win with a white QB"
Really man? This is Miami...not Magnolia, Mississippi...no one in this fan base is saying something like that.

Advertisement
With all due respect, Tee, YOU are the one bringing race into it. If Cade Weldon posted the exact same video while under the same microscope Perry currently is, I can assure you I (and likely everyone else) would have the same issue with it.

Advertisement
With all due respect, Tee, YOU are the one bringing race into it.

Brother just because someone didn't come out & say "race" or "black" or whatever triggers a race discussion for you does not mean I brought race into it. All of this veiled insults like "he's dumb, he's knucklehead, he can't read a playbook", etc"...all of this unnecessary characterization of this kid from freaking posters whom never met this kid, never coached this kid, don't even know this kid calling him this and I'M THE ONE BRINGING RACE INTO IT? Really?

Let's not be the type of people that can see aliens and elvis pressley but can't see this.

If Cade Weldon posted the exact same video while under the same microscope Perry currently is, I can assure you I (and likely everyone else) would have the same issue with it.

I'll need to see that just ONCE to believe it...especially from the likes of those that pollute this board. Cade is allegedly on drugs and i've never read where someone questioned his intellect in terms of reading defenses and a playbook or even call him a knucklehead....but I guess drugs are cool to this group bc most of yall are on some sort of drugs.

Imho, leave these **** kids alone...quit following them on social media...quit trying to get a sneak peak into their lives.

all the true grown men I know that have families, make real money and have real responsibilities don't partake in this foolishness.

His IG story was harmless...I don't care about anyone's preconceived notions about it.

Advertisement
so former players who are in practice everyday compared to most on this board have said the same crap about perry that coaches have said regarding his maturity. the notion going back to the summer was that he couldn't read the defense and threw amazing passes, but kept throwing picks in the redone. he was suspended for LSU months prior to the game and people still are fighting others about his maturity? he may have matured since whatever incident over the summer got him suspended, but the IG video is a bad look no matter the race. that's the kinda **** that makes compliance officials crazy.

Typing slow tying won't repair your lobotomy. Not sure why you even wrote that.

I don't know your to get personal dumbo. You're just representative of easily the dumbest creed to grace this beautiful earth.

& it's like I said...is the IG video of him breaking any law? Is it? So WTF is the issue with it? It's bc you bigots have preconceived notion about people, teenagers, money, athletes, you name it....and it's exposed in this forum for anyone to see. and you weirdos don't have to mention RACE for me to call you out on it. This is higher intellectual thinking over here...only a simpleton needs someone to state it plainly.

Say less
To play devils advocate, I think it speaks to his decision making. It's just not a smart thing to do when you are in a leadership position. Is it his right as a man? Yes. Is there any way it could lead to a distraction? Yes. Is there anything productive that can come from it? No. For me at least, that is my problem with the IG video. I can honestly say if Cade was the star of that video and not Kosi. I'd be questioning his ability to be a leader just the same.

Brother just because someone didn't come out & say "race" or "black" or whatever triggers a race discussion for you does not mean I brought race into it. All of this veiled insults like "he's dumb, he's knucklehead, he can't read a playbook", etc"...all of this unnecessary characterization of this kid from freaking posters whom never met this kid, never coached this kid, don't even know this kid calling him this and I'M THE ONE BRINGING RACE INTO IT? Really?

Let's not be the type of people that can see aliens and elvis pressley but can't see this.

I'll need to see that just ONCE to believe it...especially from the likes of those that pollute this board. Cade is allegedly on drugs and i've never read where someone questioned his intellect in terms of reading defenses and a playbook or even call him a knucklehead....but I guess drugs are cool to this group bc most of yall are on some sort of drugs.

Imho, leave these **** kids alone...quit following them on social media...quit trying to get a sneak peak into their lives.

all the true grown men I know that have families, make real money and have real responsibilities don't partake in this foolishness.

His IG story was harmless...I don't care about anyone's preconceived notions about it.
WTF are you talking about?!?

Cade has been called a knucklehead and a dumb a$s basically since he arrived on campus. He's received WAYYYYYYY more criticism than Perry, up until the last week or so, and rightfully so.

I don't follow anyone on social media and I gave up drugs many years ago. You love painting generalizations with a really broad brush, buddy.

Lastly, you are completely missing the mark with your commentary about Perry's IG post last week. It isn't about criminality. It's not about what youths these days do. When you are a QB for the University of Miami, especially with our history and the scrutiny that our program is constantly under, there should be a light bulb that goes off in your head when you're thinking about posting a video for the entire world to see of you riding around with friends flaunting ginormous stacks of hundred dollar bills that says "Even though my friends might think this is cool, this isn't a good look for me or the program" and choose not to post that clip. The fact that light bulb didn't go off in Perry's head, especially LAST FREAKIN WEEK re the timing of it all!, reveals a sheer lack of maturity and understanding of what being a leader of a team like Miami means and ultimately entails. Period. And that same concept applies whether a kid is black, white, purple, green or ******* rainbow.

You are held to a different standard when you are a QB for a major D1 program. What your friends do and other kids your age do is irrelevant insofar as the microscope you are under and the potential repercussions of your actions. If a player, even a 19 year old kid, doesn't grasp this, then that's on them and is absolutely justification for that kid to be questioned and criticized.

Last edited:
Advertisement
To play devils advocate, I think it speaks to his decision making. It's just not a smart thing to do when you are in a leadership position. Is it his right as a man? Yes. Is there any way it could lead to a distraction? Yes. Is there anything productive that can come from it? No. For me at least, that is my problem with the IG video. I can honestly say if Cade was the star of that video and not Kosi. I'd be questioning his ability to be a leader just the same.

you make great points fam but that doesn't speak to me about his decision making at all in any regard and he doesn't need to be the leader....especially at 19 years old but this is just my opinion.

You know what speaks to me about his decision making? The fact he's not flunking out of school and has great grades, he's not abusing women, not abusing drugs, and hasn't broken any laws (see Robert Marve). Kid is living his life that most of us don't come from and don't understand and he gives back to his community.

I mean the Heisman trophy winner is drunk running away from cops getting slammed into concrete...

Sounds to me Perry is writing his own ticket out of Gables. Too bad because if you read most of this board, he is the next Patrick Mahomes. LOL

We've got more then one issue, sure deciding over Rosier or Perry (Williams lurking), or a vanilla play calling (there's also 11 on the field that have to execute), or an OL issue but where the U is at today...is far better then where we were at under Golden. I remember the gift wrapped package UGA gave us before Christmas not even three years back especially when every other "decent" head football coach in the country was running far away from the program.

But the sky isn't falling and our season is far from over.

Advertisement
Back