NKosi Perry Benched for Audibles and Going Out

Yall keep saying he threw 2 terrible picks but your boy Richt admitted that the last one was on the WR.

Changes your narrative now or maybe you just want to ignore that hard truth out of the HC's mouth.
Watch that pick again. Perry was late and just chucked it up for grabs.

Rick is always looking for ways to not blame the QB publicly. He did it regularly with Rosier too.

Advertisement
Watch that pick again. Perry was late and just chucked it up for grabs.

Rick is always looking for ways to not blame the QB publicly. He did it regularly with Rosier too.

When it was thrown..I knew the route was horrid by Harley. It still looks that way to me...

Backdooring into Charlotte is good, I guess, only to get whooped by Clem's son? Does this team even stand a chance with Rosier playing?

Agree on the notion that if we lose one more game, it's time to get Perry/JWill ready. What's it gonna take to get Richt to play JWill? Wondering if he's going to hold onto that redshirt as long as possibel

Advertisement
He allowed Malik to continue throwing the ball to the tune of 4 str8 losses into this year.

if Richt is using that theory then it doesn't hold any water and he's on verge of losing the team.

The team knows who is better.

Richt last 10 years with QB's..i can't trust it.
He allowed Malik to keep playing because he didn’t think he had any other option. Perry isn’t even ready this year, so he sure as **** wasn’t ready last year. Shirreffs showed us how woefully incompetent he was when Rick finally got fed up with Malik.

This year, the fan favorite Perry got himself suspended so he couldn’t use him against LSU. Then, Rosier goes for 5 TDs in a road game that we probably would have lost with Perry because we needed to match Toledo score for score when they started torching our D. After that game, he got benched.

Then, Perry stunk for most of the FSU game just like Malik did against them last year. Then, Perry absolutely sprayed ***** again at UVA and got yanked. Perry had the reins. It was his job. All he had to to was play good QB against a couple putrid defenses. And he gagged.

None of this is a defense of Malik or Rick. I think they both stink. But this is about what gives us the safest shot at beating exactly the types of teams Malik beat last year with a far inferior defense on his side.

@Brooklyndee was the one who came on here after the LSU game and told us all that Richt couldn’t count on Perry or Weldon because they were knuckleheads.

Maybe he disputes some of the details that have been posted in this thread, but I don’t think he’s changed his mind on the main premise.

Fvck what I said. If anyone knows football all you gotta do is watch the film to see that's ****. He didnt audible into anything. Anyone that's played at any sort of level knows the whole conversation & snapping on richt never happened. It's all ****. If people wanna continue discussing this than maybe just maybe the point of emphasis should be that malik & nkosi are essentially the same player as of now. Great nkosi has all sorts of upside but that upside if EVER achieved bbn is far far FAR down the road. How bout common sense is it's time to break this mold. We excelled to the top of the game with pro set pocket qbs. None of these qbs except jarren could ever suceed in a pocket. Jarren will be playing soon. Possibly this next game but well just have to see. Reality is the same right now as it was last year. Defense is & has been our savior. All the same people that fought for rosier & his amazing results. You were told he was a one trick pony & teams knew his schtick. His sucess was completely dependent on the defense averaging multiple turn overs per game. Once he came in against Virginia the defense simply did its job (all you can ever depend on or ask for) so is anyone really curious why the locker room is completely divided? Everything is dependent on the d showing out & the head coach is endorsing that

Ya got weak Malweak, and now Perry's troubling make-up seems to be revealed. Weldon with the strike2 for you-know-what, and some saying JW is guilty of same curricular attitude as Perry. Yeah, I wouldn't want to give Jon Richt any medals or extensions, OTOH I wouldn't want his problem challenges for all the Tea in China.
I'd take the tea..

Advertisement
Backdooring into Charlotte is good, I guess, only to get whooped by Clem's son? Does this team even stand a chance with Rosier playing?

Agree on the notion that if we lose one more game, it's time to get Perry/JWill ready. What's it gonna take to get Richt to play JWill? Wondering if he's going to hold onto that redshirt as long as possibel
We have about as much of a chance with Rosier as the CURRENT VERSION of Perry. Perry has way more upside, but his upside is meaningless if he’s fumbling when he gets sacked, is passing at a 45% clip against decent teams (FSU isn’t even decent against the pass but I’ll give him that), and panics in a wine and cheese environment against a slow mediocre UVA.

Maybe Perry will seize the moment in the next few games and distance himself from Rosier. If he doesn’t then he’s not very good.

A kid like Baker Mayfield could never thrive under Richt.

These dudes don't get it all. I guarantee you if Perry was playing for Riley, Day, Briles, Lane he'd be looking like a freshman AA right now. Richt isn't doing anything to take advantage of the kids skill set as a passer.

People act like every QB has to be studying 24/7 or else they aren't studying the playbook at all. If people think Lamar was studying film 24/7 his first couple years at Louisville I got some land in Mexico to sell you. Same with Johnny Money and numerous other elite college QBs. This isn't the **** NFL.

Also these dudes are with the position coach going over the game plan prior to games. Richt and Jr dont just rolled up to the stadium all

If he didn't know the game plan and his assignments prior to the game he would never have been in in the first place. Throwing interceptions doesn't mean he didn't know the playbook or he doesn't know how to read defenses lol. I saw Dorsey as a **** JR on a stacked team go to garbage *** BC and throw 4 picks (should have been 5) and two of them were worse than any decisions Perry has made. Guess he didn't study the playbook or know how to read defenses.

Crazy that two weeks in a row one of the guys who should know if Perry knew the plays and was ready or not didn't want Perry taken out of the game. Funny how the game that Chicken Richt listened to Jr the canes won in historic fashion and the game he didn't Miami lost to a **** garbage team.

the interceptions (even though one was the result of a poor route by the wr) gave chicken Richt an excuse to do what he always wanted. He's safe just being a 9/10 win top 20 team that can be good without taking the risks needed to be elite. He doesn't like the risk/rewards that come with a player like Perry. he'd rather his QB Chuck it five yards out of bounds so it doesn't result in a turnover. If Perry plays again good luck every getting the JT clucth 3rd down throw in the seam in or Langham TD in the back of the end zone between two defenders. Richt is going to have the kid second guessing all his decisions and no longer anticipating or trusting his wr ability to make the play. We all better hope Jarren is a less rapey version of Jameis that can make Richts rigid *** look like a genius. Although it's more likely we'll be watching some garbage *** grad transfer since Perry and Weldon will be gone and Jarren still won't know the playbook and is two risky (like calling his own QB keep play in the SSU game).

Jesus, take the headset! Holy **** you guys buy into anything and spread it around like idiot butter.

The guy who posted it is not a bull**** guy and not the type of guy who throws **** out there. I would not just toss something like this out there if I didn't trust where it came from. Granted its not something I can confirm as completely accurate, which is why I worded as I did.

Im not going to openly contradict Dee here, but I will suggest we lets things play out. You've been around long enough to know that stuff like this has a way coming out over time. We'll know by year end just how real this "event" was. Right now, it does seem to make sense based on a number of things we know about Perry and his attitude towards things.

Does anyone think it's possible that Rosier tanked the UVA game as a "fluck you" to Richt, fans, and everyone else?

Advertisement
These dudes don't get it all. I guarantee you if Perry was playing for Riley, Day, Briles, Lane he'd be looking like a freshman AA right now. Richt isn't doing anything to take advantage of the kids skill set as a passer.

People act like every QB has to be studying 24/7 or else they aren't studying the playbook at all. If people think Lamar was studying film 24/7 his first couple years at Louisville I got some land in Mexico to sell you. Same with Johnny Money and numerous other elite college QBs. This isn't the **** NFL.

Also these dudes are with the position coach going over the game plan prior to games. Richt and Jr dont just rolled up to the stadium all

If he didn't know the game plan and his assignments prior to the game he would never have been in in the first place. Throwing interceptions doesn't mean he didn't know the playbook or he doesn't know how to read defenses lol. I saw Dorsey as a **** JR on a stacked team go to garbage *** BC and throw 4 picks (should have been 5) and two of them were worse than any decisions Perry has made. Guess he didn't study the playbook or know how to read defenses.

Crazy that two weeks in a row one of the guys who should know if Perry knew the plays and was ready or not didn't want Perry taken out of the game. Funny how the game that Chicken Richt listened to Jr the canes won in historic fashion and the game he didn't Miami lost to a **** garbage team.

the interceptions (even though one was the result of a poor route by the wr) gave chicken Richt an excuse to do what he always wanted. He's safe just being a 9/10 win top 20 team that can be good without taking the risks needed to be elite. He doesn't like the risk/rewards that come with a player like Perry. he'd rather his QB Chuck it five yards out of bounds so it doesn't result in a turnover. If Perry plays again good luck every getting the JT clucth 3rd down throw in the seam in or Langham TD in the back of the end zone between two defenders. Richt is going to have the kid second guessing all his decisions and no longer anticipating or trusting his wr ability to make the play. We all better hope Jarren is a less rapey version of Jameis that can make Richts rigid *** look like a genius. Although it's more likely we'll be watching some garbage *** grad transfer since Perry and Weldon will be gone and Jarren still won't know the playbook and is two risky (like calling his own QB keep play in the SSU game).

Why would Perry be lighting the world up? Lane Kiffin had highly rated QB recruits at Tennessee and they didn't do anything. Some of you are under some false impression that Perry is destined to be good if he just gets the right coaching. 4-star QBs bust all the time. You guys only see the guys who win the job and play well. You're not paying attention to the other QB recruits who flame out and transfer who were just as highly recruited as Perry.

As far as how the UVA and FSU games were different it wasn't because Richt stuck with Perry. It was because the defense created two TOs inside the redzone to set it up on silver platter for him against the Noles. He also hadn't thrown two terrible INTs in that game. Against UVA the defense could only manage to pick balls off around the Miami 40. Perry didn't do **** with it either.

Bro I wish I could give you a million likes for this post.

This is spot on & one of the better posts ever made on this site.

The guy who posted it is not a bull**** guy and not the type of guy who throws **** out there. I would not just toss something like this out there if I didn't trust where it came from. Granted its not something I can confirm as completely accurate, which is why I worded as I did.

Im not going to openly contradict Dee here, but I will suggest we lets things play out. You've been around long enough to know that stuff like this has a way coming out over time. We'll know by year end just how real this "event" was. Right now, it does seem to make sense based on a number of things we know about Perry and his attitude towards things.
I'll trust Brooklyndee's word...

Advertisement
I'll trust Brooklyndee's word...

You should. I mean the guy did say at one point that Banda and Rumph flipped a coin on Jackson and Redwine to decide which positions they'd play. Seems likely that those two coaches played a game to decide the fate of two 1st or 2nd day draft picks.

Advertisement
Back