Njoku...

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
Seems that Njoku's stock is SOARING right now. Apparently he's picked up offers from OSU and Penn State in the last few days. If we want this kid, we better move on him fast.

Advertisement
This is the downside of having a great talent evaluator as a HC. Other schools sit back and wait to see who we offer after Golden and co. do all the leg work and then they pounce.

Don't see anything on 247 about either offer.

All I saw was this
WR David Njoku: Worth mentioning because he received an in-home from the Buckeyes last week, but not much to see here in my opinion. Think OSU was just keeping tabs on all possible targets and if they land Dixon, they probably won’t take another wide receiver.

I highly doubt Urban Meyer and Bill O'Brien are waiting back and seeing what Al does before they make offers. Those guys are also top flight talent evaluators. Period.

We have been putting in work on this kid for months. We need to keep doing what we have been doing and CLOSE. It's a shame that we won't get his last visit.

Advertisement
Seems that Njoku's stock is SOARING right now. Apparently he's picked up offers from OSU and Penn State in the last few days. If we want this kid, we better move on him fast.

Didn't the staff already have him on campus for a visit?

/confused

/confused

Agree. He came in the the jersey boys in Hester and Jenkins

The staffs been doing their job it's if the kid wants to jump

/confused

Yes. I think he was part of the group this past weekend. As I read on here, and maybe elsewhere, the visits went very well with everyone involved. He was here with two enthusiastic Jersey kids, Jenkins and Hester. He said he had a great visit. I think he was hosted by Kamalu.

When his name popped up a few weeks ago, I followed the thread of all the posters. There were mixed reviews. That's why I don't put too much weight in highlight videos.

I did google his name, and came up with this: he's tall (6'3-6'4"); has good speed, maybe under 4.5; and he can jump. He jumped 6'10" competitively last season, and had been doing 7 feet in practice. I don't think UM has a better high jumper on its track team right now. He would probably be among the top five in the ACC already (I know, I looked).

I don't know about ball skills but he might have a world of potential given his size and jumping ability.

Any links to him being offered by these two?

I was pretty underwhelmed with what I saw of him.

Advertisement
I highly doubt Urban Meyer and Bill O'Brien are waiting back and seeing what Al does before they make offers. Those guys are also top flight talent evaluators. Period.

We have been putting in work on this kid for months. We need to keep doing what we have been doing and CLOSE. It's a shame that we won't get his last visit.

True but it has been a strong point for this staff since Golden got here. We have beaten a lot of good evaluators to the punch consistently. Its been impressive.

/nothing you didn't already know though

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't see anything on 247 about either offer.

All I saw was this
WR David Njoku: Worth mentioning because he received an in-home from the Buckeyes last week, but not much to see here in my opinion. Think OSU was just keeping tabs on all possible targets and if they land Dixon, they probably won’t take another wide receiver.

Would OSU be doing an in home at this point w/a kid that doesn't have an offer? Serious question

Advertisement
Back